Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• edited July 2017
    McHammer said:

Braithwaite has joined Boro

This news coupled with our pursuit of Arnie really makes me want to ;weep.

I honestly cannot fathom what our scouts do, what Slaven sees in some players that he can't see in others and we better come up with some REALLY GOOD signings to offset what other clubs are currently doing. Is this going to be yet another transfer window where it's generally just totally underwhelming.

Batigol, Javier and Hart would be a good starting point to show the owners/manager do have some respect for the supporters.
  • On the bright side, Fortune, you have just won the race to take us into the 94th page with no fee bearing signings
  • edited July 2017
    Make no mistake, Joe Hart is a top signing for our club. He will dramatically improve the XI, bring out the best in other players, improve that defence purely by communicating and is a clear leader and captain material, possesses a proven winning mentality and is an international.

People can bang on about strikers, we'll get them eventually, but remember how many goals we let in last season too. How many spankings did we get at home to the top 6? Not to mention Watford and Southampton. WBA put four past us at their place. We let in so many goals last season where we all went ;hmm when looking at Adrian or Randy.

Hart and Zabaleta will bring up the standards in that defence, adding to Reid, who is one of our best players. Will be nice for Winnie to actually not be the only man doing any defending. Poor sod. Fonte is also a former captain and leader. Ogbonna, Collins, Cresswell, Masuaku and Byram.

We will get the strikers but facts remain, keep clean sheets and you only need one goal. Seeing as these 20+ goals a season men are probably just out of reach, we can settle for a 10-15 one and tighten up that back line as a compromise.

Big ;ok from me for the Daves if they conclude the deal.
  • I'm with you this Luke. Hart was undermined by Pep and replaced by an inferior keeper to boot. Not surprising then that he suffered a loss of form.
    If we can give him stability then his confidence grows and we have a top keeper on our hands.
    Get it done.
  • ;nonono why should we be Harts ticket to getting his confidence back let some other sucker pay big money to baby sit him
  • Not sure stability is a word often used in connection with our defence.
  • Just overheard Suz and Gary Neville whispering....

Something about a risky single hooked up and eventually caressed to deep fine leg ;puzzled
  • How was it?
  • steve said:

;nonono why should we be Harts ticket to getting his confidence back let some other sucker pay big money to baby sit him

Loan to buy deal. If we're not interested in decent players then we may as well be scouring Leagues 1 and 2.
  • They eventually sought out some deep cover ;hmm
  • don't class Hart as a decent player
  • steve said:

;nonono why should we be Harts ticket to getting his confidence back let some other sucker pay big money to baby sit him

On the other hand he'll be busting a gut to make sure he is englands number one when they crash out miserably in the group stages of next year's World Cup finals

• We will get the strikers but facts remain, keep clean sheets and you only need one goal.

Sam, is that you?

;biggrin
  • from the quote mentioned recently, he wants to go to a club that actually wants him as their goalkeeper. So, if we show him the love, there's a player that can rebuild his confidence and we'll benefit. Who would've envisaged such circumstances a couple of years ago ( as in we'd be in for England no1 GK )? We'd never been in with a shout of him. Dont get me wrong, I like Adrian and hes a decent player. But if Hart gets back to near his best then we'll have a more than decent GK who may want to stay with us because we showed faith in him ;hmm
  • On the bright side, Fortune, you have just won the race to take us into the 94th page with no fee bearing signings

I would rather we had treated the early part of this window like a 20 20 match hammering sixes everywhere and getting some deals done!
  • Only player hammering sixes everywhere was Braithwaite, and he's just signed for Boro ;yercoat
  • Fair warning:

As a courtesy to other users, further posts on here that are purely 'bump-fodder' will be hived off to their own thread. (And we may even take retrospective action, if needed. Oh yes.)
  • Bazshuayi said:

Who would've envisaged such circumstances a couple of years ago ( as in we'd be in for England no1 GK )?

Didn't we have one of those once before?

• I thought he was Englands Number 6. ;lol
  • Each to there own but it is strange to me that people don't think that Hart is a step up from what we have. And I love Adrian.
  • McHammer said:

images

Billy ;bowdown Bowden
  • the fact that no one else seems interested in Hart tells its own story
  • Hamstew said:

Each to there own but it is strange to me that people don't think that Hart is a step up from what we have. And I love Adrian.

Because he is grossly out of form to the point the torino chairman literally said they expected him to be better

He hasn't exactly lit up the EPL for the last couple years and he has been dropped from the England squad

Find it ironic that the many people that say it's only one bad season he had also forgetting fact that up untill this year not a single person cared that we had Adrian in the team.....surely if Hart is allowed a bad season then so is Adrian

Most importantly it's not that he's not an upgrade on Adrian/Randy that people are against this it's the fact that there are far more pressing concerns in the squad and Harts wage alone could potentially affect more important transfers I.e. some reliable and superior strikers
  • But we can sign other players whilst still looking to sign strikers
  • I think people are perfectly able to accept a bad keeper is a bad keeper, whether that's Adrian or Hart.

The reason I am happy with Hart is that I know that, at his best, he's much better than Adrian will ever be.

It wasn't very long ago at all that he was considered one of the best in the world by practically everybody, managers and pundits alike.

He's lost confidence because somebody regularly cited as the best manager in the world, Guardiola, came in and booted him out without a chance. That's got to hurt.

Then he goes to Torino low on confidence, probably trying too hard to prove himself, in a new league with a different style, in an average team facing a lot of pressure in matches, and it's no real shock he didn't do great.

But he is a leader and the worst part of our season last season, worst than anything else, was the shambolic organisation of our back 4/5, and the pathetic way we capitulated after going a goal down time and again.

Having a very accomplished leader and PL winner organising the back four will be a huge bonus.

And, when he gets his confidence back, he will, IMO, return to being considered one of the best in the league.
  • MrsGrey said:

We will get the strikers but facts remain, keep clean sheets and you only need one goal.

Sam, is that you?

;biggrin
  • MrsGrey said:

Bazshuayi said:

Who would've envisaged such circumstances a couple of years ago ( as in we'd be in for England no1 GK )?

Didn't we have one of those once before?

Yes, 'calamity' James... Harts still young in GK terms (and normally we'd not be in with a chance of him IMO) and has a few years as a top player if he regains that confidence. Whilst I won't be upset at all if he doesnt come (wages mainly), i'll be happy to see him organizing our defence if he doesarrive.
  • edited July 2017
    WHU_Champo

Are you saying you think he's an upgrade or not? And reports suggest we are to pay half half his wages.

Just because we badly need strikers doesn't mean we shouldn't improve other positions if opportunities come up. If for whatever reason we fail to sign a striker I'd rather we had improved the rest of the team than not.
  • So it is reported we will pay half of his £100k wage - what an abolsutely cracking deal. Can't me on Dave's, close the deal quickly. On those terms it would be an outstanding deal for a true leader on the field.
This discussion has been closed.