Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• edited July 2017
    I'm guessing it's purely a smokescreen name ...
    Like let's see who could replace Giroud, hoping anyway as also Think it's no major step forward
  • Delighted with the potential Hart signing, on every level it is an excellent signing; a winner, a proven elite goalkeeper, English, a leader, strong character and a very well rounded keeper with few clear weaknesses if any (yes, occasionally will make a mistake, just like every other keeper in the world!). I personally would've preferred a permanent deal but overall the loan works for all parties. I dont really like the whole "upgrade ideology" which is so prevalent in modern day English football, but this is a deal which IMO the club had to go for and certainly makes us stronger on every level. Hopefully Adrian or Randolph (or both) can get great moves where they are number 1's; both are too good to be back up. Ideally Adrian to Palace as thats near me!

Its clear that Hart has dropped off a bit the past 2 seasons but there are mitigating reasons- the final season under Pellegrini every MCFC player dropped off and let standards slip which can happen when the team plateaus after previous seasons of success, whilst last season he moved to a new country, culture, language which clearly can have a knock on effect. At WHUFC he will feel the love, IMO he will get on very well with Slaven and going into a world cup season with the development of Pickford and Butland will push him to raise his game and re-establish himself as an elite goalkeeper and Englands number 1.

The emphasis has to be on quality over quantity, with the right kind of profile. Zabaleta and Hart would represent 2 quality additions, in 2 important positions, which both address some of the issues from last season. Good business. Now the question is about how we line up offensively and how we are going to address that situation. Hernandez would be an ideal signing followed by someone with some power and pace because last season that cost us alot of points with our inability to counter.
  • edited July 2017
    Apart from on the obvious statistic, rondon is inferior to both ac and Sakho

Baracks,

IF the stats don't lie Rondon is better than both of our strikers!

;ok
  • Erm.

Rondon 17 in 71 in his 2 year Prem career.
    Carroll 16 in 45 in the last 2 seasons.
    Sakho 16 in 48 in the last 3 seasons. ;hmm
  • Iron,

I am not saying we should buy him, far from it, but if you check the Premier League Stats his goals per match ratio is slightly better than Andy C & Sakho's. Baracks was saying he was inferior? ;ok
  • Aside from the goals in games ratio, when fit and firing ( ;hmm ) both AC and Sakho are better than rondon
  • baracks,

I agree with you but can anyone guarantee that either of them will stay fit for too long which we can't really cope with? ;ok
  • That's not the issue at stake here IMO. It's pretty likely one or both will break down sooner rather than later.

However to replace either with an inferior striker who is injured less will personally leave me feeling a bit ;hmm
  • Rondon for WBA in the Premier League
    72 games 5461 minutes 17 goals, a goal every 4.2 games or every 321 minutes

Carroll for WHU in the Premier League
    98 games 6800 minutes 30 goals, a goal every 3.3 games or every 227 minutes

Sakho for WHU in the Premier League
    48 games 3467 minutes 16 goals, a goal every 3 games or every 217 minutes

Both have better goal ratios than Rondon
  • From Giroud to Rondon. No words.
  • Hamstew said:

From Giroud to Rondon. No words.

My thoughts as well......
    Let's hope it's a case of lazy journo & Chicarito will be confirmed soon
  • ASLEF,

I come in peace and with the Premier League Stats. ;biggrin

Rondon 17 Goals in 72 - Carroll 50 in 183 & Sakho 16 in 48. Their calculations indicate Rondon has the better ratio, if this is wrong take it up with them. ;lol
  • 72/17 = 4.23
    183/50 = 3.66
    48/16 = 3

Which ever way you look at it......
  • Fortune seeker are you sure ?
  • I'm not even going to google search "Rondon West Ham". I'm not going to give any website traffic for an article putting those two names together.
  • Even "Rondon not going to West Ham?" ;lol
  • edited July 2017
    Aligibsonham

https://www.premierleague.com/players/6030/Salomón-Rondón/stats

They must have a weird formula for calculating their records. ;ok
  • Reported that Chelsea are now interested in Hernandez.
  • IronHerb said:

72/17 = 4.23
    183/50 = 3.66
    48/16 = 3

Which ever way you look at it......

On 'appearances'.

But as Aslef pointed out, Rondon's goal stats look less impressive if you compare by pitch time.

And from that same site:

Shooting Accuracy.

Rondon 28%
    Carroll 33%
    Sakho 35%

Carroll also outscores the others in 'passes per match'.
  • The quality of AC is never in question....
  • AC ability to get on the pitch on a regular basis is though!
  • So Payet asks to leave us, his value drops

Arnautovic asks to leave Stoke and his value goes up

#WstHamWay
  • Difference is Stoke don't want or need him to go whereas we had to get rid quick or risk total disharmony. Payet went on strike but Arnie didn't.
  • Shane Long has taught Rondon all he knows about lack of skill in actually putting the ball in the net.

Id be happy with Arnautovic + Gray to go with Antonio Lanzini Ayew + Carroll when he feels up to playing. If Sakho's heads on and he wants to play for us I'd also be happy to give him another chance (when his body also decides it has some playing time in it) Also, I'd be fine with Feghouli staying as I think getting rid of him is premature (again unless he wants out)
  • He's now been 'conditioned' to play in the 'shampoonship' ;run
  • Joe H: Mark how much does shampoo cost in London?
    Mark Noble: Pantene

;yercoat

• Last season there were 7 games where conceding 1 less goal would have meant a draw (+7 points) and 7 where it would have meant a win (+21 pts)

We were around 15 goals worse off than our previous average.

2 more points would have moved us from 11th to 8th.

17 more would have taken us to 7th.

I think it is fair to say that last year we suffered more from not having a solid defence than missing fit strikers

The same results would have been achieved by scoring one more goal.

How many games did we have where our strikers did not score?
  • MIA

Ah the old Kevin Keegan philosophy ;wink.

You left out what I think is the most telling stat:
    Last season we scored 47 and we were 11th in goals scored (= table position) but 6th worst in goals against (64)

The year before we were 5th with goals scored (65 - finished 7th) and 10th in GA (51)

14-15 We were 13th in GF (44 - finished 12th) 14th in GA (47)
    We let in far more goals than we had in previous seasons.

You can look up the stats here: https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/29/Fixtures/England-West-Ham

• Paper talk this morning is that the Hart deal is nearly done, with Citeh paying half his wages, and a permanent option at the end of the year, possibly for £10m.
This discussion has been closed.