Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Looks like it might be announced today
  • It's obvious we need a striker, but our defence last season was an absolute shambles, a much bigger problem than going forward.

Hart and Zab are two excellent signings, both in quality and in their leadership abilities.

Great window so far.
  • I'm happy with it as long as it doesnt turn out to be a deal that is being done because its an easy deal to do. With this one we seem to be pushing at a bit of an open door, with no real competition for his signature from any other PL clubs. Its a statement signing, with Sully able to say we have captured an international standard keeper.
    What i worry about is that it will take the focus off of the striker signing. We've been listening to news over the past month or so about Iheanacho, Giroud, Gray, and Chicarito - all potentially more difficult deals to do in terms of wages and Fees, and especially with the last two, it seems to have gone deathly quiet...
    I think we have money trouble, and I said the same last year. The league rules on pay day loans comes into effect this year, and we know we have had rolling loans for a good few seasons.
    We are not equipped to put large sums down IMO. I would imagine that wages come out of Revenue and TV money as it is phased in across the season and over time, but a big transfer deposit gives them problems.
    Hope to be proved completely wrong ;hmm
  • Newcastle now linked with Randolph.

Barcelona front man Munir El Haddadi for 8-10 million is being mentioned on media outlets.
  • Surely that's Barcelona 'B' frontman?
  • Thought Newcastle wanted hart
  • So it's entirely possible (assuming the rumour has legs)

We sign Hart on loan. He does really well, but doesn't want to sign for us at the end of the season and goes off to another club.

We lose at least one of Randy and Adrian.

We start next season looking for a new keeper.

Not sure that works out so well for us.
  • If the Dave's pull this joe hart thing off, there no doubting them of not afraid to spend money.
  • Any player who joins us and does well might want to leave at the end of the season
  • So it's entirely possible (assuming the rumour has legs)

We sign Hart on loan. He does really well, but doesn't want to sign for us at the end of the season and goes off to another club.

We lose at least one of Randy and Adrian.

We start next season looking for a new keeper.

Not sure that works out so well for us.

I don't think that's a big issue.

Next summer, we either buy Hart for price X, or buy somebody else for the same amount. Whatever the case, we need an improvement on Randy and Adrian, and getting Hart on loan and him enjoying his football here would give us a great chance of keeping him ahead of other suitors.

He strikes me as a guy who just wants to enjoy being a top keeper again. If we give him that, I'm pretty sure we'd hang on to him next season if we wanted to, unless a top 6 team came in for him.
  • edited July 2017
    Jorderz ;ok

Grey - I think it's a risk worth taking, to be honest. If we give Hart the opportunity to prove himself to be England's No1, and he ends up doing so, I'd like to think he'd repay that faith by signing permanently next summer (assuming we can afford him, but I would imagine a fee will be agreed as part of the loan deal ;hmm )
  • Jorderz you should be getting 10% of the Hart deal, your are converting me.. You make some good points.

I was thinking also of all the Strikers we have been linked with I think a fit AC gives us more than any of them.

But with Zab and Hart and they are both better than anything we had.
  • Grey

It's also entirely possible Adrian has a stormer of a season and then his contract runs out and he leaves, or forces a move, or doesn't have a stormer of a season.

Yes, long term is important, but so is getting the highest quality players on the pitch that we can.
  • If we get Hart I will start to think this window is looking so much better him and Zab
    are a massive lift to this squad and a real quality improvement on last season
    add a top striker and quality left winger and we have a very good side .

well done Mr Sullivan ;ok
  • I think if we get Hart it will raise the profile of the club a bit making us more attractive to other players . It shows we have ambition and a club that's is hopefully going places and I don't mean the championship ;lol
  • Grey - another possibility is Hart makes a couple of mistakes, the crowd get on his case, and he doesn't do that well because his confidence is low.

At the end of the season, we don't sign Hart, and we lose Adrian/Randy because its clear we don't see them as our future number one. We're then looking for a new goalkeeper again.

Not saying that will happen, but I can see possibilities where we have 3 different goalkeepers in 3 years. Actually 4 in 3 if you count Adrian and Randy for the past season!
  • edited July 2017
    really, really don't understand what's not to like about the Hart dealEnglands No.1 booted out by Pep because he wants a ball playing 11th man so he can lure the opposition out and hurt them that way, geezer who went to a very leaky defence in Italy....

Cracking deal when you think about some of the mistakes and wobbly's our current two have made (even tho I do like them both - just not Adrian's showboating)

Hart:
    2 PL titles.
    1 FA Cup.
    2 League Cups.
    4 PL golden gloves.
    2 PL TOTS inclusions.
    71 England caps.

Adrian:
    Scored a penalty vs Everton.
  • You could also argue that Hart could have a great season, signs for us and is our No 1 keeper for the next 5 years . It will be up to our other keepers to prove they are better than him . Competition for places is what we need in all areas of the pitch.
  • Adrian signed a two year contract extension in May so unless he puts in a transfer request then he could be with us for the next two seasons.

Randolph signed a four year contract extension in July 2016 so he could be with us for another three seasons
  • IronHerb said:

Surely that's Barcelona 'B' frontman?

He has played many timed for Barca and was on loan at Valencia last season. He is a very good player
  • ASLEF - Contracts mean nothing nowadays! They're just a way for the player to get more wages and the company to get a higher future selling price.
  • Well it's up to Slav who he sticks in goal,, that's what his paid for!!
    He could even can hart in the last minute,, like the striker form man c
  • SSN now stating we no longer after Giroud after being told we not his 1st choice......
  • Jorderz you should be getting 10% of the Hart deal, your are converting me.. You make some good points.

I was thinking also of all the Strikers we have been linked with I think a fit AC gives us more than any of them.

But with Zab and Hart and they are both better than anything we had.

Well I am an agent, just not for footballers ;wink
  • SSN now stating we no longer after Giroud after being told we not his 1st choice......

I read some where " thesupersoreawaysun" that he wanted to stay arsnail,
    Lol
    footballers are told where there going work, or if there going to work,,
  • edited July 2017
    http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/july/14-july/bilic-confident-adding-quality

- What we want is to bring in the quality that is going to improve our first 11.

- we are not going to get someone that we are not sure about.

- we are not looking at bringing them in to be just in or around the squad, or expect them to come good in a couple of years. We want someone to come in, put the jersey on, and play.
  • so no Hart then ;wahoo
  • edited July 2017

only words until we see actual action.
  • Also, when he says first 11 does he consider Carroll and Sakho fit? Because if they're in the first 11, then it'll be tough to find a striker that is better than them. But if his starting 11 considers that they are not available (as per usual) then that's a much easier task and we should be jumping at someone like Hernandez.
This discussion has been closed.