Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• I DON'T EITHER!!!
  • step back more like
  • Perhaps instead of acquiring a striker who can score 20 goals we've decided to buy a keeper who can stop 20 goals. ;biggrin
  • IronHerb said:

Perhaps instead of acquiring a striker who can score 20 goals we've decided to buy a keeper who can stop 20 goals.

... but settled for Hart.

• edited July 2017
    No Hart, please. I think there is a reason that nobody wanted him and he went to Italy. And not even a top team there.
    We have two decent keepers and if we get a good striker or three it will take the pressure off them.

Goalkeeper is not our trouble-area. We were exposed last year because the team didn't click and not because the goalkeepers were rubbish. We always concede goals never mind who is between the sticks, be it Green, James, Lama ... even Ludo. If we can't score we will lose more often than not.

Now if we could sign Neuer or ter Stegen ...
  • How many did Hart score last season ;hmm

• Hart on loan is what some are saying on KUMB
  • seems like just another bod for the English homegrown quota
  • Could be, but not a bad loan acquisiton at all, IMO. He's not had the best couple of seasons but I still think he's better than Adrian and Randolph.
  • I think hart is broken,,,to the left
  • Could be, but not a bad loan acquisiton at all, IMO. He's not had the best couple of seasons but I still think he's better than Adrian and Randolph.

That's the bottom line

I'm not overly comfortable with either of our two current keepers as first choice
  • Hart is a confidence player. He's lost it at the moment. If he regains it, he's miles better than what we have.
  • Take Hart In a heart beat.......

Way better than what we have
  • Jorderz - for me this is part of the issue. He at his best is better than the two we have currently, unquestionably IMO. However, he has been nowhere near his best for the best part of 2 years. It's a big 'if' that he will regain it. Thereby buying him permanently is a risk as if not at his best he is no better than Adrian (IMO) yet would demand a far higher wage and expect undisputed No.1 status. A current benefit of our current set-up is that we do not have an 'undisputed' No.1 so our two must battle it out in training and must perform in matches or lose the shirt.

The other option of course is a loan. The problem with this is that one of our boys would certainly leave, and then if Hart is unsuccessful and we don't buy we would be worse off the following season with only one of ASM and Randy on our books, and the one left will probably be unhappy that for the last season he wasn't thought good enough. Alternatively, Hart is successful and has a top season. Then we have the issue that we may not be able to keep him, as even if we have a 'loan-to-buy' deal Hart can still decline us. And he will if he has a banger of a season and a genuine 'top four' club (in our country or abroad) come in for him - the lad has ambitions to win domestically and unfortunately we cannot offer him a chance at league titles or realistically Champs league for the near future at least. Then we don't keep him and we are in the situation I described previously, he leaves we and we only have one of our two left who himself will feel disgruntled.

Of course he could come on perm and be great, or on loan be great and feel happy and stays, but it is only one potential outcome. Also this is not a priority position IMO, a RB (done), 2 fit strikers, a left sided winger, and a goalscoring CM/CAM needed first IMO. I would be happy enough if our keeper situation is the same for the coming season, maybe reassess next season if we acquire the above positions across this season. Obviously if he joins I will support him and hope it all goes grand but currently I have serious reservations.
  • Bayern have just announced a 2 year load of James Rodriguez with the option to buy for "only" 31m on 90K a week wages....

Now that's some good business...
  • A load of James Rodriguez? Is that Cockney rhyming slang? ;hmm
  • Hart is a confidence player. He's lost it at the moment. If he regains it, he's miles better than what we have.

If Joe Hart is looking for his lost confidence I think it's unlikely he'll be able to find it behind the West Ham defence any time soon.
  • Hernandez has earned himself a bit of a reputation of being a bit cocky while at Dortmund
    adecoker said:

Hart is a confidence player. He's lost it at the moment. If he regains it, he's miles better than what we have.

If Joe Hart is looking for his lost confidence I think it's unlikely he'll be able to find it behind the West Ham defence any time soon.
    Try down the back of the sofa....

• HAMMERS YOUNGSTER MONITORED

West Ham wonderkid Domingos Quina is being monitored by a number of top Premier League clubs, including Arsenal, after a series of eye-catching performances at the U19 Euros in Georgia.

The 17-year-old joined West Ham from Chelsea last summer with Slaven Bilic promoting him immediately to the first team squad, playing twice in the Hammers' UEFA Europa League qualifying campaign before the Premier League campaign began.

Sky Sports News HQ understands Arsenal offered a contract to the teenager before he joined West Ham and remain keen on the talented youngster.

• Bayern have just announced a 2 year load of James Rodriguez with the option to buy for "only" 31m on 90K a week wages....

Now that's some good business...

must be paying a massive loan fee I imagine 15m a year loan fee
  • I don't know. Madrid always pay over the odds for players and he hasn't pulled up any trees during his stay there. I don't see him as a £60m player.
  • Apparantly they are happy to sell Kovacic for £22mil

We are pretty alright at CM but when a player of that quality comes available we should go for him

It's buying players no longer needed at the top top clubs that will help us take the next step up

Kovacic is class and deserves a chance, would swoop for him in a heartbeat for that price
  • adecoker said:

Hart is a confidence player. He's lost it at the moment. If he regains it, he's miles better than what we have.

On the other hand, he's certainly going to get a lot of practice ;whistle
  • Can you cup tie for the Champions League?? That would be funny...

Agree Herb, I think he scored one good goal in a WC? and a decent season for Monaco...

Zizu is doing a good job of killing the Galactico concept, which always seemed more PR concept than performance...
  • IronHerb said:

Perhaps instead of acquiring a striker who can score 20 goals we've decided to buy a keeper who can stop 20 goals. ;biggrin

So why are after Hart then ;hmm
  • Hart!! He couldn't even stop dandruff let alone goals! ;nonono
  • Surely it is far more important to get at least two strikers, than a goalkeeper
    where we are relatively o.k. in that department. If so the cost of getting Hart
    must reduce the amount that we can then afford to spend on two strikers, which is
    at the moment our weakest position.
  • So Ex is back on Twitter.

From what he’s saying, we’re likely to go back to Stoke with an improved offer for Arnautovic including performance clauses (Stoke apparently want £25m). Discussions are ongoing with Hernandez and we’re very interested in Gray. He does mention that we’ve spoken to other forwards as back-ups, but this all suggests to me that Hernandez and Gray are the two ‘proven’ PL strikers we’re after.

So, playing Devil’s Advocate, does £53m for Arnautovic, Hernandez and Gray represent good business in today’s market? ;hmm
  • Hammerex said:

Surely it is far more important to get at least two strikers, than a goalkeeper
    where we are relatively o.k. in that department. If so the cost of getting Hart
    must reduce the amount that we can then afford to spend on two strikers, which is
    at the moment our weakest position.

I don't think we'll even entertain the notion of buying him, TBH. If Man City won't loan him, it won't happen, full stop.
  • So Ex is back on Twitter.

From what he’s saying, we’re likely to go back to Stoke with an improved offer for Arnautovic including performance clauses (Stoke apparently want £25m). Discussions are ongoing with Hernandez and we’re very interested in Gray. He does mention that we’ve spoken to other forwards as back-ups, but this all suggests to me that Hernandez and Gray are the two ‘proven’ PL strikers we’re after.

So, playing Devil’s Advocate, does £53m for Arnautovic, Hernandez and Gray represent good business in today’s market? ;hmm

When the big clubs are spending 70m a player and Pickford and Keane go for a combined 55m. Yeah those 3 are good business for 53m. But I reckon it might be a tad cheaper than that.

20m / 13m / 15m I reckon = 48m for those 3.

Leaving something in the kitty hopefully for a loan or two or that "special player" ala if 22m for Kovacic is what's being banded about that is what I call a Deal for a Special Player that you should splash extra for.
This discussion has been closed.