Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Fair enough Grey, but if I were a betting man I'd put good money on neither being in the match day squad for Man U.
  • So that's Sakho with a brace and AC with a late 3rd then. ;wink
  • OCS

I honestly have no idea.

I've seen nothing official, so will wait to see what happens.

I think everyone should just post this every day.
  • OCS

I honestly have no idea.

I've seen nothing official, so will wait to see what happens.
  • no idea, I thought that was a blind bambi. ;doh
  • Been linked with arnautovic over the last few days on twitter...

Sky claiming he has just handed in a transfer request...
  • Yes please #baller
  • Would give us a decent left winger, with Feghouli on his way out would be a decent signing, if it happens of course ;biggrin
  • Arnautovic can go missing a bit but when he's on, he's on it.
  • OCS

Do we actually know that neither Sakho nor AC will be able to play a part in pre-season?

Yeold

Of course every game matters, but if it's the difference between signing a 10 goal a season average player, or a 15+ quality player, I'd certainly say it was worth the wait.

But we do not know if said 10 goal a season player or 15+ will be available at the end of the window and as we saw with Zaza those 3 weeks can end up being wasted and they don't even score a goal when joining. West Ham isn't a club that can afford to just "get by" in 3 games in the PL that could be 9 points that could make or break a season.
  • edited July 2017
    Yeold

Guess we disagree then.

I'm happy for the club to take their time, and try to get it right.

I'm not saying I wouldn't rather see us get the right player now, just that I'd rather wait than panic buy.

• I panic buy just a couple of weeks ago when my wine brand was thinking of going on stike .worked out for me ;redwine ;redwine ;redwine
  • I think it's 3 seasons we needed a striker
    Time wrap
  • There are times like now where I begin to wonder whether we have actively started looking for any new players as the most recent up date is we were never interested in Badou and this comes off the back of any players we have been linked with going elsewhere. Is this a cunning plan by the club to put people completely off the scent and end up with no one? ;whistle
  • Everything we see, hear and read is pure speculation unless it comes from an official source. The club has been very quiet about transfers this window and rightly so.
  • Adrian
    Zabaleta - Reid - Ogbonna
    Antonio - Kouyate - Obiang - Cresswell
    Lanzini - Arnautovic
    Ayew

;hmm
  • Arnautovic is one of those players who I fear when we play against. In his case the one I think is likely to tear our defence apart. In my books that means he is a player I would rather have in my team.
  • Adrian
    Zabaleta - Reid - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Obiang
    Noble - Kouyate
    Lanzini
    Ayew - Arnautovic

;hmm
  • Neither Ayew or Arnoutovic are strikers

They are second strikers or attacking midfielders they need someone to work off of
  • No Antonio? ;hmm
  • Adrian
    Zaba Reid Ogbonna Masuaku
    Obiang Kouyate
    Antonio Lanzini Arnautovic
    Hernandez

Randy, Cresswell, Fonte, Noble, Fernandes, Ayew, Fletcher

Could be our squad for Man U based on today's rumours.

Would be happy enough with that for starters.
  • Adrian
    Zaba Reid Ogbonna Masuaku
    Obiang Kouyate
    Antonio Lanzini Arnautovic
    Hernandez

Randy, Cresswell, Fonte, Noble, Fernandes, Ayew, Fletcher

Could be our squad for Man U based on today's rumours.

Would be happy enough with that for starters.

1 English/British player starting makes me sad.
  • I could live with that.
  • Swap Hernandez for Gray..... far more likely imo
  • IronHerb said:

Everything we see, hear and read is pure speculation unless it comes from an official source. The club has been very quiet about transfers this window and rightly so.

And if they aren't quiet they get beaten with the other end of the same stick for telling alm the world about who they are interested in.
    Damned if you do - damned if you don't.
  • Jinxed on KUMB says Arnautovic will be done (around £18m-£20m) and we're going all out for Hernandez (80% there).

;pray
  • Scrap that
  • edited July 2017
    Arnautovic has just done his knee in pre-season for Stoke. Knee ligaments. Think that's that deal off.
This discussion has been closed.