Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• He might but not sure who will buy him for the money they want.
  • they sold Stones last year and barely spent last year so they have a lost of money to spare
  • Not really. They sold stones for £50m but bought Bolasie (£25m), Schniederlin (£20m), Lookman, Williams, Gueye for a total of about £70m.
  • I think Koeman got sick of Barkley quite a while back, and will be happy to let him go for £20-25 million.
  • I think spurs was a reputed destination, however he isn't going to displace Dele Ali any time soon and also I don't think he's the sort of individual Levy is likely to break his wage structure for either
  • edited July 2017
    The opposition to N'Diaye in that Youtube clip seemed a little sketchy. However, the price tag is relatively low, he seems pretty athletic/dynamic and tricky plus I liked the way he stroked the ball into the net on some of those goals.

#pun and play on words free posting. I know, I know, calm down
  • surely he is competing with Lanzini ? i would have though the 4 MF spots were Fernandes / Kouyate / Obiang / Noble ?

Not from what I can tell. Noble, Obiang and Fernandes can't do what Kouyate can, so compete with each other for one spot. If this guy has an engine and is more focussed on goals than creating then he wouldn't compete with Lanzini. He sounds similar to Kouyate for me.

• First day of training after the summer break at Finch Farm could be fun

Eh, ooo's dat?
    Dunno
    Eh, ooo's dat?
    Dunno
    Eh, ooo are you?
    Dunno
  • Pickford
    Coleman - Keane - Williams - Baines
    Schneiderlin - Klassen
    Bolasie - Sigurdsson - Mirallas
    Rooney

;hmm
  • N'Diaye close to signing according to various media outlets.

47 goals in 159 games for a CM? 8 caps for Senegal.

Not too bad. Hope he can make the step up.
  • Decent record. The defending and goalkeeping on the YouTube video was shocking, and he would have scored very few of those goals in the PL.

But I guess not judging players on YouTube videos goes both ways, and, lets face it, we'd never heard of Lanzini before, and that worked out pretty well.
  • Very strange signing imo

26 years old and the highest level he's played at is the Turkish league

Decent scoring rate so assume he prefers being a AM or a box to box guy

Either way I don't see him dislodging Lanzini and Kouyate for those 2 roles

Slav also liked to use Ayew down the middle and thinks quite highly of Fernandes which himself is more of a #10 or a #8 than a holding midfielder so we aren't really short in that area on top of the quartet of Noble, Lanzini, Obiang and Kouyate who all have a case to be in our starting XI

I'll keep an open mind although not 100% convinced with this although happy to be proven wrong

Also not sure it's on here but apparantly we've signed a 16 year old from Ajax who is quite highly rated in Holland
  • 59 games 17 goals in the Turkish top tier plus 2 games in the Turkish Cup and 14 games 1 goal in the Europa League with Osmanlispor

48 games 13 goals in the Norwegian top tier, 54 games 15 goals in the Norwegian second tier and 12 games 3 goals in the Norwegian Cup with Bodo Glimt

I thought Bodo and Glimt were characters in Lord of the Rings.....

Who knows, he could be a Lanzini but he could also be this season's Nordtveit......
  • edited July 2017
    So where does the Turkish Super Lig rate?

If England, Spain, Germany, italy and France are at the top then Turkey are alongside Portugal and Greece maybe?
  • Various websites rank the Super Lig about the same level as the Dutch Eredivise, the Belgian Pro League or the Swiss Super League but also around the same level are the Championship, Serie B and Bundesliga 2.

The Norwegian Eliteserien is ranked alongside the Scottish Premier and EFL League One while the OBOS-ligaen is about the same level as EFL League Two

To translate Osmanlispor would the equivalent of Cardiff while Bodo Glimt equals Crawley Town.
  • Crawley Town have been mentioned ;wahoo
  • edited July 2017
    It seems from googling Senegal formations in 2017 that Badou has played on the left of a midfield 3, with Kouyate in the middle of this 3, in a 4-3-3 formation. So they can play together. I haven't seen many of their games, but it seems Kouyate sometimes plays as the deepest, central midfielder and sometimes as one of the wider, more attacking midfielders.

I guess we'd mainly see Obiang in the deep central midfield role, but unless Kouyate improves his goalscoring, he may need to compete with Obiang for this role (and get cover when he bursts forward) IF Badou does come and happen to be able to chip in more regularly and do the box-to-box bit. Or we could have Badou-Obiang-Kouyate as our midfield 3 in a 4-3-3 or a 5-3-2 with WBs.

However, if we want Lanzini to play as a no.10, the 4-3-3 doesn't work. We'd need to play only two central midfielders behind Lanzini. So, depending on form, perhaps Obiang plus one from Kouyate, Noble, Fernandes and Badou.

But looks like Badou could also play no. 10 role if Lanzini were out.

Of course I'd rather get James Rodriguez or Gylfi, but looks like we can't compete for these players...
  • Reading that article is it fast wingers who can score we are looking for or wingers who score quickly and early.
  • Our first game of pre-season is one week away. What are our striker options ;hmm

Fletcher and Martinez is all we have.
  • Someone from the youth?
  • Well, as far as complete waste of time discussions about non-transfer stories go, at least that one gave us some fun with his name.

But more than that, it got me worried about what we would do if Lanzini got injured. I guess we'll just have to change systems and play two strikers or a 4-3-3 with Ayew and Antonio either side of a striker.

A striker... Now we're back to the main transfer issue...
  • Our first game of pre-season is one week away. What are our striker options ;hmm

We aren't really worried about our pre-season games though, are we? Are you? In which the aim is just for players to get 30-45 minutes on the pitch. And especially not the first 2, described as 'low key' by the club.
  • As long as anyone we end up signing is also taking part in their current club's preseason I don't think it matters too much. Would be nice to have them available for the Citeh game, but not essential.

I'd far sooner we got he right/best player at the end of August than a warm body in for preseason.
  • I'd rather have a fit striker for our first 3 games than chance it that one of Sakho or Carroll will be available. Every game matters.
  • MrsGrey said:

Our first game of pre-season is one week away. What are our striker options ;hmm

We aren't really worried about our pre-season games though, are we? Are you? In which the aim is just for players to get 30-45 minutes on the pitch. And especially not the first 2, described as 'low key' by the club.
    I'm not worried about the result, or how long each player plays.

I just find it a bit worrying that we only have two fit strikers at the club, neither of which are likely to be in the manager's plans.
  • OCS

Do we actually know that neither Sakho nor AC will be able to play a part in pre-season?

Yeold

Of course every game matters, but if it's the difference between signing a 10 goal a season average player, or a 15+ quality player, I'd certainly say it was worth the wait.
  • We may not know, but I think we all have a good idea...
  • N'DAIYE IN DEMAND

West Ham United and Newcastle United are interested in signing Senegalese midfielder Badou N’Diaye, according to Sky sources.

His Turkish club Osmanlispor say they have agreed a deal in principle with an English club

Must be Newcastle then

;hmm
  • OCS

I honestly have no idea.

I've seen nothing official, so will wait to see what happens.
This discussion has been closed.