Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• New signing coming...
  • Is this a good thing Luke ;hmm
  • edited July 2017
    An attacking MF?

And is he coming for a medical? For talks?
  • Apparently we haven't scouted him. He was offered to us by Onyekuru's agent when we were in talks with him.
  • 1in3 for the last couple of seasons pretty decent for a MF...
  • Apparently we haven't scouted him. He was offered to us by Onyekuru's agent when we were in talks with him.

This seems like the flimsiest and one of the most unlikely 'apparently' rumours I've ever read ;whistle
  • An attacking midfielder from the bottom half of the Turkish Super Lig

If he's the answer I think we're asking the wrong question
  • Let's hope, if this rumour is true, that we asked the same question that we put to Lanzini.
  • It's good to try something new, you never know this new strategy of chasing bigger names and then sign someone from the Turkish league might work!
  • Altogether.... Just like my dreams they fade N'Diaye ;hug coyi
  • From what I've seen so far Gray is the one I'm most keen on.I think he'll see us as a bigger club than where he currently is & would be a decent signing. Let's face it,we're not going to attract a really big name & someone who knows where the net is & hopefully stays fit would be an upgrade on why we already have.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Altogether.... Just like my dreams they fade N'Diaye ;hug coyi

Oooh thats Badou
  • If we get him (Badou, that is), can we please call him Erykah?
  • I went through the whole Erykah Badu thing in my head and decided my original posting was painful enough ;lol
  • N'Diaye has a decent scoring record for a CM and it is a position we need to fill, as none of our CM's have the potential to score many goals. It he's athletic too that is another trait we need to add to our side.

But not sure of his quality.
  • So my preference for remaining signings was 2 strikers, a left winger and then possibly back up for Kouyate and Lanzini as no-one can compete with them for style of play. If he's box-to-box, athletic and scores goals, I would see him as Kouyates competition, so potentially a good signing.
  • surely he is competing with Lanzini ? i would have though the 4 MF spots were Fernandes / Kouyate / Obiang / Noble ?
  • Just signed in to see who we haven't signed again this week and I'm not disappointed. I'll sign in again next week to see who we haven't signed again. ;biggrin

• Obviously anyone can look good on YouTube (Julian Faubert looked like ronaldo before we got him) ... but he does seem to have some very good qualities...
  • edited July 2017
    No idea if we are really in for him or not, but the Soshallow Media (c) warriors bleating on about him being unknown does my crust in.

How many of those geniuses had ever heard of Lanzini, or Le Sulk, for that matter? Or Kouyate? Or Obiang?

No guarantee he will be any good, obviously (should he come), but no reason to assume he won't be either, just because he hasn't shown up on the back pages of the sports rags.
  • Bazshuayi said:

I went through the whole Erykah Badu thing in my head and decided my original posting was painful enough ;lol

So the Badu joke wasn't your cup of tea... (now testing your Badu song knowledge)

But in any case I've decided to take your comment as praising with faint damnation.
  • On Badou, I think we do need someone of his ilk as back-up/alternative to Lanzini in the no. 10 role. What would we do if Lanzini got injured for a long spell? Not confident that replacing him with Ayew, Antonio, Snodders etc. would be the best plan. And probably, given we need to prioritise the striking department, we'd have to be looking at someone quite cheap and therefore not playing in a major club/league. So may well be worth the punt. The fact that he's Senegalese is probably also a bonus (ACON aside), since he'll know Kouyate and Sikho and could form a deadly trio with them (hopefully on the pitch). Also, he has a different physique to Lanzini, so might work better against some oppo...
  • Some decent goals in that Youtube clip, but a fair few of them seem to rely on goalkeepers with quite a serious phobia of footballs...
  • No-one had heard of Sakho before he came to us. He actually started really well and quickly showed he could cut it in this league.
  • Yep, I hope we are putting sufficient resources into his recovery, physical and pyschological, since the right work with him could result in regaining a striker worth £30+mn in the current climate.
  • Rooney signed for Everton.
  • Seems odd to see him in blue.
  • Everton rumoured to be buying Sigurdson for at least £30m. This would mean their spending will go up to £120m! And they still need a top quality striker to replace Lukaku!

Their net spend this summer could go up to £65m-£70m.
  • I don't think it will, as Barkley will be sold as well, IMO.
This discussion has been closed.