Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Daley Blind?
  • Nooooooo
  • Marco Boogers? [I'm guessing}
  • edited June 2017
    Herb, what?

You don't think they would generally be considered a success?

They are both getting picked regularly for teams consistently finishing top half of the table.

I think that's 'success', but it depends on your definition I suppose.

(Oh, just checked, Van Dijk wasn't actually playing in the Dutch league prior to his transfer to Southampton.)
  • ;hmm Baz, although you didn't say so, did you mean a WH player?
  • Ruud van Nistelrooy, Robin Van Persie ?
  • I don't think Blind has been anything special. He's played a lot due to injuries in the United defence. I wouldn't want him at West Ham.

• edited June 2017
    ;ok I wasn't offering him as a suggested transfer, just answering baz's question.

I wouldn't want him now, as we have other priorities but tbh I'd have taken him last summer (miles better than Nordviet imo, and can also play LB + CB).

Still, it's all about the onions...
  • Blind hasn't set the world alight, but did me would likely be our first choice left back or DM
  • The Dutch in general haven't produced much in the last few years, certainly compared to previous generations..
  • Klassen could be a very good signing but he's unproven in the top 5 leagues

He is supposed to give creativity but thought he created nothing against United

Lukaku got 25 goals and 6 assists and Barkley got 5 goals and 8 assists

That's a lot of goals to make up for especially with 2 younger guys (Sandro is only 21) who've never played in the league before

Pickford is a good player but imo not worth £30mil
  • MrsGrey said:

;hmm Baz, although you didn't say so, did you mean a WH player?

It really was just a general ask and wonder ;biggrin
  • That's what I thought.

Is there a prize for the best answer? ;biggrin
  • edited June 2017
    Yes, I have a pair of clogs for first place, Tulips for runner up and a photo of a windmill for third place ;wahoo

#just pay shipping and handling
  • edited June 2017
    Real prizes

;wahoo
  • The only one I could think of who's done pretty well is Wijnaldum

Mentioning Van Nist and Van Pers backed up the thought that it does seem a long time ago anyone Dutch came over to the prem and was a genuine success. Kuyt and Robben for example.

Add Janssen to the hardly been a success Dutch list
  • edited June 2017
    Wijnaldum? Really? ;nonono

;hmm

I think he's been less of a success than the two I mentioned..... or at least as good as, for only one season though.

He got relegated from the Prem in his 1st season ;lol

Which is why it's always important to define your terms. ;biggrin
  • edited June 2017
    He scored plenty of goals (about 15?) from midfield for Newcastle to provoke the Liverpool transfer. Mmmmm Transfers ;wahoo He's now a smaller fish at Liverpool but I'd say he's still done ok. I only mentioned him because he's the only recent one I could think of that actually has done well. Well enough to get another club to spend plenty to purchase him whilst here

Blinds ok, only usually gets in the side if Utd have injuries though. I'd say if he was in the Newcastle side that got relegated it wouldn't particularly have been his fault (as it wasnt Wij's considering the goals he scored) although as a defender he may have had the finger pointed at him more. So I'm not having relegation as a factor because his individual contribution was more than decent.

Van Dijk, as you pointed out, didnt come from Eridivisie to Prem. He had a spell to acclimatize in Scotland. But, to be fair, the mouse with clogs on sitting next to me has adjudicated that he counts

;wahoo
  • edited June 2017
    mouse with clogs on ;lol

OK, you win 1st prize (clogs lol. Enjoy. Are they those giant ones?)

I get the tulips. lovely ;wahoo
  • Ron Vlaar
  • Think Wijnaldum has been really good for both Newcastle and Liverpool
  • Stories that Fletcher might be off to Huddersfield for 5M ;hmm
  • PLF haven't we still got to agree a price with Man Utd as he came on a free but was under 23, thereby requiring compensation?

Aside from that, I like the lad and would keep him. Only 21 and I think he shows some real talent. Needs a bit of nurturing and experience but I feel could become a very decent player for us. Hopefully either gets more game time this season or probably more realistically a loan to a club where he will play regularly - perhaps in the championship - would do him the world of good. Don't sell please!
  • On loan to Huddersfield might be ok.
  • Florin I think we paid Man U one million compensation for him , I agree he showed promise would like to keep him
  • Sell our only fit striker. Good Idea
  • Some Twitter speculation that Kouyate wants out
  • Can't see it myself.
  • Can't see it myself.

Just here Suze... ;whistle

IMG_20170619_175829
  • edited June 2017
    Kouyate is in my mind without doubt our most important player. I hope he goes nowhere.
This discussion has been closed.