Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• The transfer window usually hots up when one big transfer kicks things off. Reckon it will be Lukaku this year and then hopefully we can get Bats .Ihecanho seems dependant on Man City getting someone in first, as I imagine Giroud won't leave Arsenal until they have a replacement. Onyreku seems to be dependent on a work permit so I can't seem anything happening in the next week ;weep
  • Is that not Bertrand rather than Adama?
  • If Costa goes and is replaced with Lukaku though surely they will hang onto Bats as a backup. They surely wont do a Spurs and hang onto just one striker to see them through again ?
  • Yeold - I don't think Conte rates him would not surprise me to see Chelsea bring in another striker aswell Morata maybe ;hmm
  • Thought Morata is going to Man United ? and Conte bust up with Costa, rumours flying about Conte might not even be there next season !
  • ;nonono still don't want Hart .... ;doh sorry guess we have moved on from that ;biggrin
  • steve said:

;nonono still don't want Hart .... ;doh sorry guess we have moved on from that ;biggrin

So no change of Hart for you then?

Still think he's head and shoulders above our current compliment
  • baracks sorry my Hart is just not in it ;biggrin
  • My head is leading my hart on this one, the idea of him coming to us makes my stomach gurgle as I really do not feel we need him, however looking at this from arms length, I think this particular rumour has legs and is not a tongue in cheek suggestion.

;yercoat
  • My head is leading my hart on this one, the idea of him coming to us makes my stomach gurgle as I really do not feel we need him, however looking at this from arms length, I think this particular rumour has legs and is not a tongue in cheek suggestion.

;yercoat

I was going to post a comment in response but decided that would just have been a knee jerk reaction.

• ;bowdown

Shaka Hislop on Kylian Mbappe: "Arsenal is not a destination. He can come to West Ham, everybody wants to come to West Ham."
  • I'm surprised we haven't been linked with Ronaldo yet.
  • He's off to Birmingham I think, he shares the same accountant as 'arry

;whistle
  • C&h reporting talks ongoing for incheanho city want 25 mill
  • They also say we want a right sided midfielder. Hello Antonio? ;hmm
  • I'd prefer incheanho over bats.Just pay the 25 mill and get it over with(wish it was that easy ;biggrin)anyway iv'e just read that leicester are odds on favourites to sign him.
  • West Ham making signings and the word "Easy" very rarely appear in the same sentence! ;weep
  • According to L'Equipe Lacazette is on his way to Arsenal with Giroud told he can leave. Apparently he's not keen on a move back to France so we are - allegedly - his preferred destination.
  • According to L'Equipe Lacazette is on his way to Arsenal with Giroud told he can leave. Apparently he's not keen on a move back to France so we are - allegedly - his preferred destination.

;pray

Id wish we just pay it and stop messing around
  • See the problem is if the buy back fee is pretty close to the purchase fee, we could end up at an overall loss by the time we've paid his wages, agents fees etc. So we would be taking all the risks of ownership and enjoy none of the financial benefits if he is a success. Doesn't sound like a compelling deal (if the rumoured but back thing is true). In some ways it'd be worse than a loan.

;hmm
  • Erm, we flirted with relegation last season. We have a chance to get a quality (hopefully) signing in.

We should not be worrying about what price we will get if Man City decide to buy him back. Our options are limited in terms of good strikers we can actually get (even though we're linked with every player in the universe).

I'd be very happy if we buy him, he has a very good season and Man City decide to buy him back in a year or two, and we make a £5m gross profit.
  • That's not really building for the future, though. It's a short term fix. Not what I mean when I think of 'the next level' ;ok
  • Rumours are Leicester are now favourites to sign him. Getting ready for the excuses, it may only be June but we appear to be following a similar path on transfers to previous windows. ;weep
  • Sorry to be that guy but I think 'next level' went out the window when a certain Frenchman left us.

We need quality players in and that's extremely hard to do. We have an opportunity, so let's seize it.

Id wish we just pay it and stop messing around
    There is nothing whatsoever to suggest that we're messing around, so why say we are?
  • edited June 2017
    grey,

I come in peace. ;ok

I am basing it on the transfer business that certain other clubs, who are supposed to be in our bracket, the likes of Leicester and Everton, have completed so far.
  • edited June 2017
    I'm looking forward to see who the s.american freebie will be....
This discussion has been closed.