Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Pre season starts 5th Julys still plenty of time.
  • Hammerex said:

IronHerb said:

AC is going nowhere.

Probably right Iron Herb, who would be mad enough to spend big money on someone who is continually unfit to play.
    You mean besides us?
  • Dortmund. Reus seems to be injured even more than AC.
  • Hart linked again. May be at his lowest price right now. SSN reckon a loan "with wages stopping permanent deal"
  • Hart makes just as many mistakes as Adrian imo

The torino chairman literally called him out as being poorer than expected
  • ;weep no no no please not hart
  • Form day one I don't understand the constant GK links.

For me it's our strongest position...

Why risk upsetting a GK squad that is solid and have shown willingness to work together.
  • I'm sure diddy dave is working night and day to save spending any money ;hmm
  • my worry is the same mistakes will happen again we never just go out and get our man yet seem hell bent on wasting money on the wrong players imo.
  • its quite simple.

Hi City we will give you 25m for Inhenacho,
    > we want to insert a buyback clause for 30m
    Hi we believe if a buyback clause is to be included 40m is our mark
    > this is not acceptable.
    Thanks but no thanks.
  • brookings

We did just that with Payet...

I've heard dozens of managers talk about how hard it can be to get deals done. I certainly don't think we are any worse than average, and I don't for a second believe it is due to a lack of effort, or willingness to pay money (where the spend is thought to be value for money.)
  • The problem we have is we are in the same boat as many other teams , every player who is any good in our price range will have several teams after them and their agent will play them off against each other to get the best deal for their player. We can't do a Man City/Chelsea etc and just go and buy who we want . We have a limited amount of money to spend and we have to spend it wisely whilst competing against several other clubs.
  • Was chatting to my journo mate at the weekend and he said that the Ihceanho /Bats deals will only go through when Man City /Chelsea have signed replacements first ;hmm
  • its quite simple.

Hi City we will give you 25m for Inhenacho,
    > we want to insert a buyback clause for 30m
    Hi we believe if a buyback clause is to be included 40m is our mark
    > this is not acceptable.
    Thanks but no thanks.

I kind of disagree. We're not really in a great position to say no. We have no reliable strikers at our club. You try to negotiate but if they're adamant about the £30m then we say ok.

We then have a striker who could, hopefully, get us a good amount of goals next season.

If it was for any other position, I'd agree. But I don't see Batshuayi coming to be honest. He'll either stay or go on loan somewhere, probably to a better club than us.

Giroud, if he does leave, will go somewhere better.

If we really want Iheanacho then agree to their terms and secure a quality signing.
  • edited June 2017
    Let's go left field and take Diego costa on loan until Jan before he returns to Atletico

;lol
  • I was thinking on similar lines (but in a more complicated and unnecessarily hard way)

1) We get Costa on a short term contract (July to December) paying X amount for him but on condition with Chelsea that we sell him to A Madrid.
    2) We sell to A Madrid in January
    3) We give a massive percentage of the fee to Chelsea
    4) We had a decent and highly unlikable striker for 6 months and gain financially from it on the premise of helping both Chelsea and Costa out.
    5) Our generosity means we get Bazshuayi in January after Chelsea sign Lukaku and some Italian striker

Ta Da!! Much more interesting and beneficial than just taking him on loan

#IwantFFback ;weep
  • Baz when there is no Fantasy Football ....

shot_2017-06-12_23-45-30
  • ;puzzled
  • Everton have agreed to pay £30m for Pickford.

£30m ;nonono
  • I think it's £15 million up front with £15 million with add ons over 5 years
  • ;hmm think we need to up our game and offer 50 million for any striker who has scored at lest one goal in the prem
  • Everton have agreed to pay £30m for Pickford.

£30m ;nonono

;nonono
  • edited June 2017
    Fixtures come out tomorrow.

Hoping the Daves are keeping transfers under wraps and we have a deal for a striker coming in, in the next 2 weeks after internationals hopefully.

Panic mode if we reach first game of pre-season without a new striker that is desperately needed to start to gel with the team at the very start of pre-season.
  • Based on current squad Everton need a GK as much as we need a Striker...
  • difference is Everton look like getting there man where as we .......well you know ;whistle
  • £15m plus add ons seems a lot, but two years later when he is moved on for £50m it won't.

People were similarly aghast when they paid £22m for Lukaku
  • Everton, West Ham and Newcastle have all expressed interest in Brentford attacker Jota, according to Sky sources.

The Spaniard will only leave the Bees for a Premier League club and Burnley and Swansea also sent scouts to watch him towards the end of last season.

The 25-year-old is about to enter the last year of his contract - a year-long extension the club recently triggered - and he would be available for around £8m.
  • edited June 2017
    I personally reckon Everton are doing good business with Pickford, while it seems a huge amount , with the talent he's already shown, IMO it's a good deal...I would have loved us to sign him, it could have solved us a keeper doubts we already have for many years to come.
  • I'd pay £30m for Butland but not Pickford
This discussion has been closed.