Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• The Recce Oxford rumour is a little worrying as it makes me wonder if the club are fearing him being distracted with life outside if football and wanting to put distance between certain influences. I will add that is only a thought and may be utterly wrong, but I cannot work out why he wouldn't be loaned out over here like our other upcoming hopefuls.

Like others I also find it hard to understand how with all of our injury issues last year that he couldn't get a run out from time to time. My fear is that he is not progressing as hoped, if not surely we have a role for him this year, spend our money on what we really need up front and at full back and Reece Oxford can cover defensive midfield and centre back and get a run out in the cups.
  • AC has played some terrific games for us this season and last, not as many as I or any other supporter would have liked but nevertheless.....Sakho? What has he done in the last two seasons? Insult us with his attitude. On the other hand Andy's attitude has been 100%. Comparing the two!!
  • West Ham's flexible defender Havard Nordveit could be set for a return to Germany. After a disappointing season in English football, the Norwegian may join Hoffenheim, who finished fourth in the Bundesliga. (Kicker)
  • Flexible? Bendy like Beckham? ;smoking
  • Flexible, as in he can be anonymous at RB or DM.
  • Anyone got a list of our pre-season games ?
  • I don't think they've been announced yet. There was a recent article on the club site about the U23 pre-season, and it just mentioned that work was going on to finalise/schedule the senior pre-season.
  • ;hmm I assume there is no pre-season friendly tour to any country with no announcement yet
  • I thought we were going to Germany and Austria as per last pre season.
  • But is that a 'tour' or just training camps?
  • Austria was the training camp and we played 3 games in Germany.
  • I assume we aren't going to have a prestige pre season home friendly as the ground won't be ready in time?
  • Correct.
  • van Dijk about to sign for LFC for £60m!!! ;nonono
  • If true, that is insane.
  • Liverpool should just buy Southampton outright

He'll be on our radar then this time next year for around £25m

He's a good player. He's not a £60m player.

Liverpool aren't great at transfers, are they...
  • Yet the amount of money Southampton make on transfer profits is staggering - they lose the players, they lose top managers yet still maintain a foothold in the top half of the Prem
  • Do the owners of Liverpool also own Southampton, then? It must be just an inter-company transfer for them. ;hmm
  • So tell me more about pie and mash....

IMG_1243
  • " you earn how much ????"
  • Perhaps he'll play for a token 1k per week.
  • Bertrand off to Man City by the looks of things.
  • According to owngoalnigeria.com we've agreed £24m for Ineanacho but what we can't agree is the buy-back amount, City want £30m, we want £40m.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/05/revealed-the-amount-west-ham-are-proposing-to-man-city-as-buy-back-fee-for-iheanacho/
  • According to owngoalnigeria.com we've agreed £24m for Ineanacho but what we can't agree is the buy-back amount, City want £30m, we want £40m.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/05/revealed-the-amount-west-ham-are-proposing-to-man-city-as-buy-back-fee-for-iheanacho/

Let's base the buy back fee on how many goals he scores.
  • I think that's a complicated game to play MIA because it interferes with the game itself and decisions on the field - e.g. Is he encouraged to pass or shoot when clean through and does he/could he/should he take penalties etc.

Better the deal is kept as simple as possible IMO
  • If this is true I think our 40m figure is perfectly appropriate as there must be some compensation to taking all the risk and then having to allow him to leave. Were we to get 40m we would be able to enter the market with a full pocket when seeking a replacement. If they want 30m then lets say they have to buy him back for 15m if we wish in case he Zsa Zsas.
  • Linked to Steve Mounie today and Anthony Modeste ;hmm
This discussion has been closed.