Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• I am all in favour of bringing in a couple of strikers who can assist us in going to the next level, however that is measured, qualifying for the Europa League via the league or by winning a cup? The only snag I can see is if we are able to do that then lose the players on a buy back clause or them returning after the loan period would that then weaken us again so we would go full circle or would the prospect of European football attract some able replacements?
  • My problem with Rondon is that he hardly ever scores. So we might as well save some money and by a cheaper striker who hardly ever scores e.g. Long or Diouf, Actually, we have Valencia coming back so that takes care of that ;whistle
  • "Strikers who hardly ever score," I think we have shown some expertise covering that particular base.

;wink
  • We upgraded this season to 'Striker that never scores'......
  • We upgraded this season to 'Striker that never scores'.....for us.

Fixed it for ya!
  • we upgraded this season to strikers that never play ;biggrin

so signing 2 strikers that can actually run onto the pitch and then run around
    for 90 mins is a massive upgrade in my book and who knows they may score
    a few at the same time ..
  • Herb - Who did Calleri Score for??

O was you thinking of Zaza?? So many choices.... ;doh
  • edited June 2017
    Calleri scored for us at Middlesbrough. I was there. I saw it. It's true. ;biggrin
  • Don't believe you.....
  • pretty sure the Boro player scored it considering the deflection.
  • ;lol and ;weep at the same time
  • Calleri ;ok another diddy dave signing , when will we learn ;hmm
  • it was an own goal they felt sorry for him ;lol
  • I guess looking on the bright side you can spend 50m on a striker that doesn't score, so at least we saved money.... ;hmm
  • Bazshuayi said:

My problem with Rondon is that he hardly ever scores. So we might as well save some money and by a cheaper striker who hardly ever scores e.g. Long or Diouf, Actually, we have Valencia coming back so that takes care of that ;whistle

Is it any surprise a west brom striker rarely scores? Probably get 1 or 2 chances a game
  • Rondon this season:

94 shots

26 on target

28% accuracy

averages 2.5 shots per game and .21 goals - about a goal every 12 shots

Stats include 8 big chances missed

Think it's safe to say he isn't the answer, or if he is, I think we are asking the wrong question.
  • Has had a good scoring record everywhere he has been. I think he would suit us but id rather we went for Iheanacho
  • I get that WBA seem set piece orientated and dont play particularly expansive football hence the chances for strikers are at a premium. Rondons a physical handful but so is Slimani. I just think the latters more of a threat (without stats etc to back my opinion up ;wahoo )
  • Twist

I think it is more relevant that his scoring record in 2 seasons of the PL is less than 1 in 4.

That's mediocre, in my view. Not bad, but not what we should be aspiring to.
  • Crikey we are only just into the start of june! Now's not the time to panic by suggesting names like Rondon. Only if we are getting close to the end of August with no major strengthening achieved in our front line should we banding around names like that!
  • So... No help me Rondon then ;run

#wrong thread
  • Baracks can you confirm if u do not or do ron don don. You do ron don?
  • Chuckle ;lol

#tometoyou
  • ;tumbleweed
  • edited June 2017
    Have we signed Peter Crouch on loan yet?
  • A tall order, with lengthy negotiations ;run
  • Kelechi Iheanacho's agent appears to have confirmed that he will leave Manchester City and sign for West Ham. (Manchester Evening News)

I've read it, want it so I will believe it. He's ours I tell ye! ;wahoo
  • Baz

Without wishing to burst your pretty bubbles, they simply repeat the Nigerian website report...
This discussion has been closed.