Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• This is apparently from the Agent...

IMG_1236
  • Vorse ;ok

Except this is the same site that said he was having a medical in France a few days ago (and said Musa was signing for us.)

• ITK named thors on KUMB says we're looking at Demari Gray of Leicester and a bid expected in next few weeks. ;hmm
  • Slav, are you sure you are not getting mixed up with Dorian Grey.
  • I like Demarai Gray ;ok

Very quick, very skillful, bags of ability. For options behind the striker, he would be a good addition (Lanzini, Antonio, Ayew, Gray, Feghouli, Snodgrass, Valencia)
  • ITK named thors on KUMB says we're looking at Demari Gray of Leicester and a bid expected in next few weeks. ;hmm

what would be the point of waiting weeks? hes a great prospect and if for sale plenty of clubs would be in for him. Id like to believe it but ;hmm
  • So I was having a decent chat with my dad the other day about Zaba and our summer and thought I would share our thoughts. After his signing I'm actually pretty happy with out options at the back. We need some better performances from some players (looking at you Cresser) but our GK, CB, RB and LB options are good. Byram finally has an experienced RB to train with. I'd also like to see at least one of Burke or Oxford given a decent shot as both have enormous potential.

In midfield, I think Obiang, Noble and Nordveit are sort of vying for the same spot. Kouyate is different to the others. He can't pass as well, but he drives the team forward and is the box-to-box of the team. Maybe Fernandes can compete here? Cullen perhaps? If not, then I think we do need another CM in the Kouyate mold for competition.

Likewise, the only similar player we have to Lanzini, imo, is Samuelson. I'd love to see him given a shot as I rate him too, but if not, I think we need competition/back up for him, which is probably why Barkley is getting linked heavily.

Wingers I'm ok with our options. I'm not the biggest fan of Feghouli, but our options are decent.

Strikers, obviously this is the big one and we need 2 strikers, no real debate here. Personally I would love Iheanacho for £25m and Hernandez or another for about £12m.
  • Not sure about Gray, he didn't even manage to get much time if any for Leicester ?
    I know he was touted as a big prospect before he joined Leicester but considering they had Champs League to contend with this season and he barely featured this season raises some ;hmm
  • eski ;ok

I think that Cullen is more in the Noble mould than the Kouyaté, tbh, so would see him as vying with Noble/Obiang/Nordtveit should he come into the first team.

I don't disagree with any of what you said though. I think we are pretty well stocked in most areas, and would expect the likes of Cresswell to step up their form. The biggest problem we have had (IMO) isn't a lack of ability or quality, but a lack of consistency in selection (due to form and fitness).

The priority position HAS to be centre forward. Once that is sorted, any other signing should be someone who can come into the first team and is better than what we have.
  • To break the top 6 we will need better DM/CMs but the ones we currently have can get top 8 (providing other positions are adequately filled)
  • edited May 2017
    I would take a chance on Jack Wilshere. I think we need a player who can play CM and break up the field and make something happen. He's available and would improve us. Obviously the fitness is a concern but I think he had quite a consistent season with Bournemouth and they ended up 9th.

Adrian/Randolph
    Zabaleta/Byram - Reid/Collins - Ogbonna/Fonte - Cresswell/Masuaku
    Noble/Obiang - Kouyate/Wilshere
    Antonio/Feghouli - Lanzini/Ayew - Gray/Tadic
    Iheanacho/Carroll
  • Lukerz, yesterday you didn't see what all the fuss around Iheanacho was about and today he's your number one striker. ;hmm
  • No way are we signing Tadic / Gray / Inhenacho / Wilshere. No where near enough money for that.
  • edited May 2017
    Herb - it's not my pick. It's linked players plus Wilshere. ;ok

Andy Carroll, forgetting injuries, can be one of the most dangerous and threatening lone strikers in Europe. On his day he is unplayable. The only reason we are even in the market for a striker is because he is unreliable fitness wise.

So to replace him with Iheanacho, a guy with barely any minutes to his name, a few goals when being supplied by Silva, de Bruyne, Sterling, Toure, Aguero etc, and to say that guy is going to be our consistent lone striker in the PL and we will rely on him as our main man to get the goals for us to push into the top half...

Madness IMO and at £24m!
  • Inhenacho / Tadic / Hernandez. Seal those 3 as our "3 Quality Signings" for the summer.

Then if possible try to move on, Snodgrass / Valencia / Sakho to recoup some money. Could be a good 20m on those 3.

• Madness IMO and at £24m!

Slav
    We have to get out of this mindset - £24m is peanuts for a half decent striker in the PL. You have to pay this money to get into the room, never mind to start the negotiations. I dont see any buy back clause as a barrier - if we get a good 2 years out of him I will be well pleased. Its exactly what we should be doing, buying young hungry players with a potential sell on value. ;ok
  • If anyone thinks that S&G are going to sell Snodgrass for anything less than the £10.2m they paid for him four months ago then they've been living under a rock for the last seven years. They'll want at least what they paid for him but as he was grossly overpriced they won't get it.

Ditto with Valencia who they value at £11m, having cut his price from the original £14m they wanted from Everton.

With his injury history Sakho is currently about as marketable as Carroll, no one wants to risk spending money on either of them
  • Well their are rumours of Snodgrass for 8m to Brighton
    and I reckon we can get 7m for Valencia and 5m for Sakho

So I reckon 20m is fair for those three.
  • I agree 20 m would be good but I do feel with sakho theres still hope if only we could get his head sorted out would like to give him another season injure free. of course if he does not want to be with us then try and get rid
  • We won't get more than we paid for Sakho imo.
  • I'd say more like £4m for Valencia
  • Sakho is finished, has been for a long time now.
  • We'll get good money for Valencia. He's a decent player possibly playing in the wrong league.
  • Herb ;ok

He is too light for the prem...
  • IronHerb said:

We'll get good money for Valencia. He's a decent player possibly playing in the wrong league.

Hope so but I'll believe it when I see the money.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!
  • SHOW ME THE MONEY ;lol
  • Lukerz, good shout with Wilshere. I don't know if i am alone but i am a bit concerned at the lack of our English players (i know most clubs are in the same boat as well but it still grinds my gears)
  • "Hey guys I've got something for you. It's about one of the players. Mahrez. He has said he doesn't want to play for Leicester again"......
  • edited May 2017
    Begovic signs for Bournemouth for £10m. Absolute snip.

Twist ;ok rumours suggesting Wilshere is available for £10m. I know many will question his fitness, but as long as he's our only 'injury risk' signing, I would take a gamble. He is the sort of calibre of player we would love to have, but obviously we can only dream of getting when there is ? over something. In this case his reliability, but no doubting his quality.

Would still love us to secure Defoe. Still hasn't officially signed for Bournemouth. Maybe there is still hope. Him and another forward would be perfect.
This discussion has been closed.