Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• I think it would be a great deal if we could pull it off, long term if Fletcher and Martinez can get up there too alongside Inehnacho that's a strike force that could go for a long time all 3 around the 20 age mark.
  • It will be a cracking bit of business if it comes off.
  • edited May 2017
    Really? I'm not completely convinced. Do we need any more 'for the future' forwards. ;hmm
  • says city have the right to buy him back after 2 years ,not sure I like the sound of that ,just a 2 year loan if that's true
  • 4 Pl goals this season.

• http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15126/10709666/kelechi-iheanacho-has-the-best-goals-per-minute-record-in-premier-league-history

Obviously he's played a lot less games but let's get excited until he decides to go to Everton!
  • MrsGrey said:

Really? I'm not completely convinced. Do we need any more 'for the future' forwards. ;hmm

Yep I agree. We should not be shelling £20m on anyone unless they are ready to play in the first team right away
  • In the unlikely event this came off, I'd be pretty sure that he would be considered as a starter.
  • Clicked on the site and got a note saying the transfer has been held up in some red tape, but if I could just give my bank details, that would clear it up and the announcement could be made tomorrow.

So there will be no announcement tomorrow - sorry about that
  • We tried to attract a 20-goal a season striker last summer when we finished 7th and had Europa League football, we ended up with Zaza and Calleri.

The Daily Mirror link us with Ichenacho, Sturridge, Sigurdsson and Shane Long.

Come on, admit it, you know out of that list we're going to end up with Shane Long

Shane would be on our long-list, but probably not our short-list.
  • edited May 2017

Todays new striker link is Martin Braithwaite from Toulouse ;hmm

One goal per three games last season which equates to 12 in the Premier League, Antonio got 9.
    Looking at whoscored.com, Braithwaite actually got 7 goals and 3 assists in 19 games when playing as a striker. As a non-striker (on the wing), he scored 4 in 12 games.

For a reported £8m, I think it could be a good bit of business.

Plus, I played with him on Fifa this year and he was good for me. ;thumbsup ;biggrin
  • I would love Iheanacho to sign. IMO he is ready now for the Prem.
  • I've got an idea that Nigerian site is the same one that announced that we were signing Musa...
  • Everton are not expected to take up the option to sign Enner Valencia permanently, having brought in the 27-year-old Ecuador winger on a season-long loan from West Ham in August. (Liverpool Echo)
  • Watford midfielder Dion Pereira, 18, is wanted by West Ham and Newcastle.(London Evening Standard)
  • Valencia did nt do enough at Everton to get a transfer reckon he will go to Spain or back to Mexico ;barrera
  • Valencia is on his way back according to the Liverpool Echo

• I heard he saw Calleri play and decided he wanted to come back and fight for his place.

What a battle that would be!
  • If Zabaleta is one of the three players to take us to the next level, does that mean the other 2 are going to be strikers, as most of ours can't stay fit long enough to make a valid contribution to the team moving upwards?
  • So I've been out all day and now find out that we haven't signed Iheanacho ;hmm

Can't be right, surely
  • It's almost like the papers and bloggers make stuff up.

Which is, obviously, just impossible.
  • West Ham are prepared to meet the £140,000-per-week wage demands of Everton's England midfielder Ross Barkley, 23. (Star)
  • edited May 2017
    Hart
    Zabaleta - Reid - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Obiang - Kouyate
    Antonio - Barkley - Lanzini
    Iheanacho

Amazing XI we're going to have ;lol
  • Being linked with Pickford in a Sun 'Exclusive'.

£17m with Adrian going the other way.
  • MCH

I would be reasonably confident we would not be prepared to do any such thing, and that we would not contemplate paying £50m for a player with one year left on their deal.
  • Sky are reporting that Lyon have offered 12 million Euros for Javier Hernandez, would he be a better option than Kelechi, especially if we might have to sell him back in 2 years?
  • Fortune

He's certainly the more 'proven' of the two.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to that 'buy back' thing - I don't think that website is particularly reliable or accurate.

Think, overall, I'd prefer Iheanacho - but what about both?

(Memo to self: find 'yeah right' smiley.)
  • http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/05/25/why-west-ham-should-avoid-a-move-for-juventus-mario-madzukic/

Fails to mention the most compelling reason: he's just signed a new contract at Juve...
  • grey, We could certainly do with 2 decent "fit" strikers. You could put forward a case to sell all our current ones and start with a new set. ;ok
This discussion has been closed.