Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Grey

;ok

We are not going to get a player we can get excited about without some sort of drawback/compromise
  • I'm not fussed if there's one in it. City will only want him back if he really stars for us in a Lukaku type of way. If Guardiola doesnt fancy him now I doubt he'll take a great interest in 2 years time plus change his team shape to accommodate.

Teams like City will be interested in and capable of signing virtually anyone in any given transfer window. Even if Iheanacho scored 15 to 20 goals I reckon it'll be other clubs that'll ultimately be interested (whilst City look for an Aguero replacement elsewhere to go with Jesus).

In short, he's got potential to be a great player but City are always in the market for the very top players (assume Bernard Silva will ultimately take David Silvas role in the side for example and in the short term be his substitute or replace if injured).

Iheanacho isnt getting in the team in front of Sane, Aguero, Jesus, DeBruyne, Sterling and Silva(s) (plus anyone else they buy). It would make sense for him to move and he, at this moment, will only get week in/week out time at a lesser club like us.

I'm more concerned he'll go to Everton or a continental club rather than worry about a buy back clause
  • He will only go to EFC if there's movement on Lukaku. Which is why moving early is important.
  • edited May 2017
    Of course, he could decide to sit it out to the last knockings of the transfer window, no matter how early we go... Batshuayi all over again?
  • Make the offer, if accepted throw terms at him or ask what he wants.
    Agree or disagree then move on.
  • Can we get Dimi back for a couple of games? Just so I can give him a Chinese burn and stamp on his toes.
  • There's always the other side of the coin, too, that you can end up having to sell a player for less than their true value because he forces a move (ala Payet). At least with the buyback clause, there is a fixed return which would represent a profit and hopefully a good price based on his current potential.
  • Latest rumour is us making a bid for Tadic.
  • Good little player.... don't really see a need for him though

He's 28 answer coming off a fairly average season in a position we are pretty stocked for in terms of numbers

If we are gonna go for players they have to improve the XI and don't really see that in Tadic right now
  • MrsGrey said:

Of course, he could decide to sit it out to the last knockings of the transfer window, no matter how early we go... Batshuayi all over again?

I'm sure I read that Slav said after our long pursuits of Bacca, Lacazette and Batshuayi last summer we wouldn't go down the road of waiting and waiting for a deal to be done. If the deal was going nowhere we would move on to our next target.
  • Tadic plays the left side of a 4-2-3-1 better than Ayew.

I think he fits our style of play more than Ayew does.

Ihenacho

Tadic Lanzini Antonio

That would be a decent front 4.
  • He disappears a lot imo.
  • IronHerb said:

He disappears a lot imo.

Is that why they call him the magician

;run
  • His favourite cake is a scone
    ;run ;run
  • I think Snodgrass is likely to go tbh. Any of the promoted clubs would be interested, as will sides like Burnley. Not sure he ever 'fit' here. And the beauty is we're still likely to break even on him if we sell him now, but less likely in 6 months if he has another underwhelming period. I'd move him on. We have options wide and are likely to bring in at least one more.
  • herb, good! ;ok
  • edited May 2017
    Where has this clamour for Iheanacho come from? No real regular playing time, not proven and the service here would be nowhere near as good as at City. £25m?!
  • and who is and is in our price range. This is a risk worth taking looking at his goals to minutes, has pace, has strength. Has the attributes to be a very good striker looking on other teams forums it seems a general consensus of those who are linked.
  • Lukerz,

He's young, a good finisher, quick and strong, scores all kinds of goals and has done it in the PL.

I think people weren't talking about him much because they didn't think he'd be available to come to West Ham. That may still be the case, but I don't blame people for being hopeful about signing him.

I know it's a risk, also. I'm not saying it's a guaranteed success, and I don't think anybody is. But when £20 million gets you Ayew, I can justify similar for somebody who is younger and has time to improve further.
  • We only really need four main attributes when it comes to getting a striker who will improve us

1. Knows how to score in this league
    2. Isn't permanently crocked
    3. Doesn't go on strike
    4. Actually wants to come to us

Now Defoe could easily tick all these boxes too, but on balance if iheancho agreed to join us he ought to be the one we should go for

Or Javier Hernandez

Or even better, two out of the three!

• Hernandez + Iheanacho would be a dream ;pray
  • And in the grand scheme of things fairly cheapish.....doubt it'll be more than £30/35mil for the 2 of them

Only problem is both are similar players in that they are poachers who's build up game isn't their strongest aspect

Either way given our current options i'd give an arm and a leg to get em in
  • Apparently Olympique Lyonnais have offered Bayer Leverkusen €12m for Hernandez as a replacement for Lacazette
  • Think Hernandez would be a snip at €12m, or a little over £10m, especially when you consider Defoe, at nearly 35 by the time next season starts, was about £6m as a signing on fee. Iheanacho would be great, even if we turn out to be a stepping stone for him, as we would have a good striker for a couple of years and then a profit on resale. The pair of them would represent brilliant business, unlikely, but here's hoping ;pray
  • edited May 2017
    Who are our senior Home Grown players? I'm wondering how we are doing on our quota ;hmm

Noble, Carroll, Cresswell, Antonio, Byram, Randolph, Nordviet, Collins, Fletcher

... makes 9, so that's 1 over the minimum requirement.

• Is Snodgrass not included because he's Scottish?
  • if we sign inhenacho does he not count as homegrown ?
  • It would depend on how old he was when he joined City: HG = to have minimum 3 years with an English (or Welsh) club BEFORE turning 21

For this next season he'd not have to be listed on the squad list, as he would count (I think) as U21 since he would be 20 on the January of the year the season starts.
  • edited May 2017

Is Snodgrass not included because he's Scottish?

I'd imagine so.

He wasn't listed as HG (when he was with Hull) on the official Pl squad lists https://www.premierleague.com/news/84136
  • Inhenacho joined City January 2014 so he's got his three years already and he won't be 21 until October.

Lyonnais finished 4th so they get Europa League making them that bit more attractive than us
This discussion has been closed.