Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• WHUFC_news is quoting from an article by football.london which was quoting from an interview with Sen360.fr from last Wednesday although I've not been able to find the original article with Google

http://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/players/kouyate-hits-out-admits-doesnt-13207610
  • My biggest fear ahead of this transfer window was losing Kouyate, who I think could fit into a lot of teams.
  • Lost in translation I reckon
  • Man City are trying to buy Aubameyang (Sky). Iheanacho is definitely not staying at Man City.

Aubameyang, Aguero, Jesus, Sane, Sterling, Silva, De Bruyne, Gundogan. How can they fit all these players in their team?! It's insane!
  • Well, they don't defend much. ;biggrin
  • Who's Trevor Elgram?
  • Hamstew said:

Who's Trevor Elgram?

Braderz ;hmm
  • Hamstew said:

Who's Trevor Elgram?

Braderz ;hmm
    ;hmm
  • As for Kouyate, there aren't many squads/teams he wouldn't get in. I dont want him to go but I wouldn't blame him if he did
  • Thing with Kouyate (thankfully) is while he's an immense player and probably among our best 3 players his limitations in his passing game is what's going to help us keep him as the top top teams want that little bit extra in terms of on the ball comfort

Don't see how he fits into any top 6 team except maybe United (mourinho would like him)
  • I think he's exactly what Arsenal are missing.
  • Sell our only fit striker. Good Idea

Don't worry Yeold, A C should be back by Xmas. ;whistle
  • Kouyate saying he complained about being played at right back when there was a fit defender we also had snodgrass Antonio feghouli not being happy at being played out of position . I hope Slav has got the message now !
  • Hope we make some headway with signing a decent striker...
  • I think he's exactly what Arsenal are missing.

Probably, but he can't pass so they won't sign him. He'd disrupt their style of play too much.

I agree with Champo on this one. Can't see any top clubs going for him. It's a bit like the Antonio situation for me. Great for us, but would big sides really want them, not in my opinion.

• What esk said ;ok

He might have the power and pace Arsenal need from CM, but he can't pass well enough. Wenger doesn't sign people who can't pass.
  • Reports that Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea are interested in Oxlade-Chamberlain. I'd have been quite keen to have him at West Ham, but I suppose if those clubs are interested we don't stand much chance. (And I know it isn't a priority position, but still.)
  • I'd take Ox in a heartbeat.

But yeah, won't happen.

(Ps, is this for the transfer thread? ;hmm)
  • edited June 2017
    Oh yeah. Got muddled. I had a couple of threads open in different tabs ;doh

Fixed now ;ok
  • The trouble with Ox is that if he goes to one of those he will be in the same position of never playing. He needs to be a starter somewhere for at least a couple of years before going on to somewhere bigger.
  • Ideal window for me atm would be:

Strikers
    IN: Giroud, Iheanacho
    OUT: Enner, Fletcher(loan)
    -Giroud, Iheanacho, Carroll, Sakho

Wingers:
    IN: Onyekuru, Adama Traore
    OUT: Snodgrass
    -Antonio, Ayew, Onyekuru, Feghouli, Traore

Centre mid/attacking mid:
    Ok for now, anyone that leaves (rumours of nordveit being off) needs replacing. And if a decent player becomes available in the more attacking role then that would be good but not a priority IMO...
    -Lanzini, Ayew, Fernandes, Noble, Obiang, Kouyate, Nordveit, Cullen

Full backs:
    With the arrival of zabaleta, we look ok there now.
    -Zabaleta, Byram, Masuaku, Cresswell

Centre backs:
    IN: maybe Kone or Smalling as I do t think Collins and Fonte should be played together as they are too slow and if Reid or oggy get injured we could do with cover. If not hopefully young Burke can step up.
    -Reid, Ogbonna, Collins, Fonte, Kone, Burke

Keeper:
    IN: Hart if the wages can be reduced. If not, maybe just a younger prospect to replace spiegel.
    -Hart, Adrian, Randolph
  • edited June 2017
    That's a squad of 30. A few are young enough not to have to be named but not 5, I don't think? (Also, that squad is potentially struggling with home-grown players - especially if the youngsters are doing double duty of being HG and adding to the 25 named players ;hmm ).
  • If we got Hart, Smalling, Iheanacho, Giroud, Onyekuru and Adama I'd be amazed.

What a match day 18 we'd have though:

Hart
    Zabaleta Reid Ogbonna Cresswell
    Kouyate Obiang
    Antonio Lanzini Onyekuru
    Giroud

Adrian, Masuaku, Smalling, Fernandes, Ayew, Iheanacho, Carroll
  • Wait. This isn't FIFA18? Damn...

Hmmm... ;hmm Not Kone then. Go HG or not at all there.

Hart I can take it or leave it.. but if he comes, Randolph or Adrian (preferably the former) would have to go...

Is iheanacho HG?
  • Only thing we got going is that its a World Cup Year so players like Giroud need regular playing time and if they want to stay in the PL we are one of the more attractive higher wage paying mid table clubs. (assuming the top 6 don't sell to one another)
  • I have said before that Giroud would be an amazing signing for us, I remain somewhat surprised that Arsenal did not make more use of him, especially last year, and appear comfortable letting him go.

He came off the bench and saved the day for them so many times, although Arsenal are good to watch and they have the pretty stuff down pat, at the end of the day, Giroud knows how to stick it into the onion bag.
  • I've said categorically that Giroud would never come to us.

This would be one case where I would be delighted to be proved wrong (but I really don't see it...)
  • Whatever the case, even if Giroud would come to us, there's no way he will be coming before Arsenal sign a replacement. Wenger is way too careful for that.
This discussion has been closed.