Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Nordveit gone to Hoffenheim
  • I've said categorically that Giroud would never come to us.

This would be one case where I would be delighted to be proved wrong (but I really don't see it...)

Blimey grey, i'd normally associate your glass as being largely pretty full!!

Why wouldn't he sign for us? He's not THAT outstanding so that should surely put him our range. He's also not wanted by his club and allegedly wants to stay in the same city
  • WBA in talks with Southampton over Rodriguez.

Worth a punt from us? Goal-scoring wide player? Always thought he was decent.
  • baracks

I think he's good enough for pretty much any Champions League side (outside the very top teams), and assume that if he were available some of them would be in for him, and given the choice he'd go to one of them.

I've seen the 'wants to stay in London' thing and if that were true it would probably give us a chance, but I am reluctant to get my hopes up on substantiated rumours.
  • He's not going to a top 6 club and we are really only behind Everton for the rest of the league

Maybe a team in France would take him but probably on smaller wages

I'd absolutely love him but personally can't see it happening

If we had a season like the 15/16 season again maybe but right now it doesn't seem likely
  • Is it me or is £40m for Salah a joke? Must be fake news?

LFC surely aren't spending that much on a guy who failed in the PL only a year ago?
  • Marseille would be interested.
  • Not looking great. Kouyate has a pop at Bilic too:
    http://kumb.com/story.php?id=131360
  • £40m is silly money
  • West Ham are in talks with Pedro Obiang over a new deal, as AC Milan, Sevilla and Everton circle, according to the Mirror.
  • Is it me or is £40m for Salah a joke?

The joke will be crystallised when he arrives at West Ham for £15m a year later
  • Not looking great. Kouyate has a pop at Bilic too:
    http://kumb.com/story.php?id=131360

I like Kouyate but if he doesn't want to be here then ;wave
  • Twist - seems like he's edging for a move to me
  • edited June 2017
    Twist, agree ... BUT ... I'd like to see the original interview. All too often the websites and other sources that (re)report at second hand what was said elsewhere skew their articles to fit an 'angle' or agenda. Or exacerbate a distortion.

I mean, even if you go back to the original/primary report, you can find that they have cherry picked and quoted out of context. So the 'chinese-whispers' version isn't necessarily going to to fair and accurate.
  • I'm starting to sense another "hey guys I've got something for you. It's about one of our players...." situation ;hmm
  • It's all nonsense imo. He didn't have a pop at Bilic, he just said he wasn't happy playing out of position.
  • Adama Traore off to Chelsea
  • To then go out on loan with all the other chelsea youngsters!
  • I wouldn't miss Kouyate all that much to be honest. Think he's majorly fizzled out.

Good player, but he won't get a game for a bigger side than us. If he wants to find that out for himself, then I say good luck ;ok
  • Traore to Chelsea has been in the pipeline for ages, to be fair. I'm sure people will say it's one we've missed out on, but the reality is he's been linked with Chelsea since January.
  • Is it me or is £40m for Salah a joke? Must be fake news?

LFC surely aren't spending that much on a guy who failed in the PL only a year ago?

Not getting games at Chelsea doesn't really indicate much.

The fees being spoken about this season are generally all ridiculous.
  • OCL ;ok

And to back up your point, I see that Spurs want £45m for Walker
  • Something to bear in mind, HN was a home grown player, so will need to be replaced by one in the 25. Obviously if Cullen takes his place that will be great, but he is young enough to not even be included, so I'm not sure what will happen there.
  • Hart on Loan will probably cover it. If rumours are to be believed.
  • alderz

AfaIk you can include an U21 player as one of your 8 HG players, it's just that you don't have to include them to play them.
  • Blimey, how much would they want for a Runner? oh I see, sorry ;yercoat
  • Calleri and Arbeloa had places in he squad no? Thats 2 spots already open for non homegrown options

HG: Randy, Westley, Byram, Collins, Cresswell, Noble, Antonio, Carroll

NonHG
    GK: Adrian, Spiegel
    DF: Fonte, Masuaka, Ogbonna, Zabaleta
    MF: Kouyate, Obiang, Lanzini, Feghouli, Snodgrass
    AT: Sakho, Valencia, Ayew

U21: Fernandes, Cullen, Burke, Fletcher, Rice, Makasi, Browne, Martinez, Holland

So we have 14 spots of the 17 taken already so we have 3 spots and that's including Valencia and Sakho (and maybe Snodgrass) likely to leave.....don't think we have a problem

Ngl looking at the squad right now it does look a little thin
  • Westley's gone. And I'm almost sure Darren Randolph doesn't count as HG.
  • I think Westley has left the club?
This discussion has been closed.