Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• We were rumoured to be interested before he went to City but were outpriced.

£3.4m would be a steal, IMO
  • It's £3.4m to go back to Spain though, I think I read. He looked good then totally disappeared from the squad. I reckon he's homesick and City are letting him go on the cheap but only back home
  • Chris Wood from Leeds for 15 million today's rumour ;hmm
  • Reid should have an idea of how good he is. Also, he says his sister is technically better than him ;hmm
  • Dont shoot the messenger - this from Jinxed on KUMB : Carrol for Sturridge - Straight swap/ Zabaleta nearly 'over the line'/ Looking at Wilshire ! ;wahoo
  • I think if that happened we would need to hire another 10 medical staff ;lol
  • There's absolutely no way LIverpool want Carroll.

Also, Chris Wood would not be a good signing, IMO. He has had one season.
  • edited May 2017
    Alderz
    If Liverpool qualify for Europe, they will need a bigger, more adaptable squad. Used as an impact sub, he could be useful to them....??
  • Dont shoot the messenger - this from Jinxed on KUMB : Carrol for Sturridge - Straight swap/ Zabaleta nearly 'over the line'/ Looking at Wilshire ! ;wahoo

;lol

;pray

;hmm

In that order
  • Nolito would be a steal, Betis aren't a big club or a particularly good one (14th in la liga)so i'm sure we can tempt him

Think he was frozen out by pep, many players have, but he previously hit double figures in his previous 3 seasons on Spain and started life at City pretty well

His goal haul of 4 this season would still set him in our top 5 goalscorers, and he has played 500 minutes LESS than Andy Carroll and Ayew who only have 7 and 5 respectively

He's also a left winger who'll allow Lanzini to play more centrally as we don't really have a left winger atm (Ayew prefers being central, Antonio, Feg and Snodgrass all prefer the right)
  • ;kanye

No way will Carroll be swapped with Sturridge
  • bbb

Given his injury record, Klopp's style of play, the fact he flopped there once already, and the fact that Sturridge fits them a lot more style wise, I don't see it at all

• m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39973999

Is this not an admission of tapping up by Klopp ;hmm
  • ;hmm Depends if they went through the clubs?
  • A bit left field but how about a bid for Marko Arnautovic? I reckon he would be perfect for left side of a three.
  • good player but I think he has bigger ambitions than us and Stoke. Seems like someone who wants to be in a "European" playing time, so cant see him joining us even if Stoke decided they wanted to sell which I don't think they would.
  • Aeronautic signed a new 4-year deal in the summer. If he'd wanted to leave Stoke he could have gone to Everton who were offering £12.5m or he could have let his old contract run out this summer and gone on a free.

• m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39980308

Pickford available.

For £30m.

Perhaps not then...
  • edited May 2017
    Pickford will be available for less in a couple of seasons when he makes a couple of mistakes and the press decide he's awful, after hyping him up.
  • Like Butland? ;hmm
  • West Ham forward Andre Ayew, 27, could quit the Premier League club to rejoin former side Marseille, despite only signing from Swansea last summer - according to his father, Abedi Pele. (Le Parisien - in French)
  • Everton are willing to sell Republic of Ireland midfielder James McCarthy for £20m to offset their summer spending, with Newcastle, West Ham and Crystal Palace interested in the 26-year-old. (Mail on Sunday)

West Ham boss Slaven Bilic is targeting a top-six finish next season - with a return to the Premier League top 10 a minimum ambition. (Evening Standard)
  • Would happily sell Ayew if we could get the sort of money we paid or near enough, but wouldn't want spend the fee on McCarthy as don't like him and not worth that sort of money. I don't mind keeping Ayew as I think he has ability and may come good but just as likely to be a nearly player as he has been this season, he has looked the part and provided brief moments of high quality, but it never really came to anything resembling a 20m signing.
  • McH
    Il est possible qu'André (NDLR : Ayew, son fils, aujourd'hui à West Ham) revienne à l'OM un jour. C'est un enfant du club, formé à Marseille.
    For me, that is 'he might do, one day', rather than a current possibility.
  • McCarthy is another sicknote, not as good as Kouyate, Obiang or even Noble and not worth anywhere near £20m. A poor man's Jack Wilshire.

I wouldn't be bothered if Ayew went but as Grey points out that's not what Abedi Pele said
  • Bats has scored two today, which is his fourth goal in three games.

Going nowhere now I'd say.
  • just about to type the same thing ;hmm
  • How about a sneaky bid for Harry Kane ;biggrin
  • If Conte had kept him on the bench the last few games Bats would be ;wave Now even if he's sold it'll be hard for us to be the ones who get him.

At least Iheanacho stayed goalless ;biggrin
This discussion has been closed.