Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• This is the whole issue. Proven scorers come at a premium. There is always an excuse to turn them down. Age, salary, injury record etc

Fact is we need one. Defoe is one.
  • 2nd division in Denmark? ;hmm ;puzzled

I have no idea what i was reading
  • edited May 2017
    Defoe is only going to be worth 10-15 goals if he's in the starting XI every game, he's not going to score anywhere near that if he's a substitute or used in rotation.

Begovic to Bournemouth for £12m according to Guardian
  • Ideal world for

Pickford - £15mil
    Batshuayi - £33mil
    Sigurdsson - £25mil
    Mamadou Sakho - £25mil
    Onyekuru - £7mil
    Defoe - Free
    Zabaleta- Free

Expenditure - £105mil

Get rid of:
    Sakho - £10mil
    Carroll - £10mil
    Valencia - £8mil
    Snodgrass - £5mil
    Randolph - £2mil
    Arbeloa - Free
    Calleri - Free

Probably recoup around £35mil for the lot of them at least so around net £70mil at the very maximum, with Pickford, Sakho and Sigurdsson luxuries so can remove one(or 2) of those 3 to cut the costs

Pickford
    Zabaleta Reid Sakho Masuaka
    Obiang Kouyate
    Antonio Sigurdsson Lanzini
    Batshuayi

Adrian
    Byram Fonte Ogbonna Cresswell
    Noble Nordtveit Fernandes
    Feghouli Defoe Ayew

Obviously wishful thinking but I think we should go big or go home
  • Iheanacho over both every day. Id be staggered if we got him
  • I agree iheanacho is probably the best option but he's not a realistic option unless on loan as bigger clubs will be after him if he's for sale
  • We always seem to have wish lists though. Our problem is that they quickly turn into barrels which we like to scrape from. I hope it's different this time round
  • edited May 2017
    If, and it's a big if, Iheanacho left City, it will be for a bigger club than us. The last couple of seasons we've at least had the carrot of Europa League football to dangle in front of potential signings, but this summer we won't even have that.

Defoe is a realistic target because his options will be a lot fewer than Iheanacho and Bats, for example. Same with Pickford; I reckon if Sunderland decided to sell he'd have the pick of a dozen interested PL teams.

I think we'll see a mix of experienced players, i.e. your Defoes and Zabaletas of this world, and youngsters from the European Leagues like Fernandes last year.

I mean, even if we had £30m to spend on a single player, how many £30m players would want to come to us? ;hmm
  • edited May 2017
    The only chance we have with him is if he wants to be in the 1st team every week. Bigger clubs will likely not give him that. (still would be staggered if we pull it off)

Also, these wish lists and gossip dont do us any favours. Go in, make a bid or 2 and either get him or not
  • edited May 2017
    We always seem to have wish lists though. Our problem is that they quickly turn into barrels which we like to scrape from. I hope it's different this time round
    But this a wish list the ES believes we have which we may or may not.

Sullivans silence recently, on transfers especially, is what most fans wanted but some are still happy to believe the rumours that they read.

Can't win.
  • edited May 2017
    115k a week for Defoe lol. He is a back up at best and paying that to him would be stupid. Sign Ihenacho pay him that and have him for years and as first choice.
  • Defoe would not be a back up to what we have available at the moment.
  • But has Iheanacho proved himself yet? It's one thing scoring when Silva and de Bruyne are laying chances on a plate but he would need to really work for his chances with us.

Just not sure.

Oh! Defoe will be going nowhere to be a back up.
  • Just taking a look at his stats for this and last season.

45 league appearances, only 12 starts, 1259 minutes.

27 chances created (1.9 per 90 minutes), 4 assists.

32 shots (excl blocked) (2.29 per 90 minutes), 59% on target.

12 goals (0.86 per 90 minutes)
  • edited May 2017
    To me that is a calculated risk worth taking on a player. He also has age on his side and being "ex City" he will have a resale on him even if he does flop.
  • None of Defoe bats or iheanachi will be joining us to play second fiddle.

Which means either we play two up front or even if we landed any of them it will not be more than one of them.

Which would also mean AC being sold I would say as I can't see the daves keeping him as a back up as his injuries are so random that he'd probably be crocked when called upon to cover the first choice striker.
  • I can't see that we would be going into negotiation saying "if you sign you'll be a sub". If I was and of Defoe, Iheanacho or Batshuayi, I would back myself to be the #1 striker over the other two.
  • When Ive seen Iheanacho, he's not been an out and out striker. Hes quick and skilful plus seems to be able to put the ball in the net from limited time. Yes, I know he'd get more chances and the ball at City but seeing him play off Bats or AC would be a decent level higher than currently. The gossip mentions his name and it'll mention many others we are very unlikely to sign. Doesnt stop me wanting them all though ;wahoo

#mmmmTransfers ;pizza ;porkpie ;burger ;cake
  • Rumours on twitter that Pablo Zabaleta has agreed a two-year deal with us, with an option for a third year. ;hmm
  • Rumours on twitter that Pablo Zabaleta has agreed a two-year deal with us, with an option for a third year. ;hmm

;hmm
  • Hamstew said:

Rumours on twitter that Pablo Zabaleta has agreed a two-year deal with us, with an option for a third year. ;hmm

;hmm
    ;hmm
  • That would be nice.
  • Hamstew said:

Rumours on twitter that Pablo Zabaleta has agreed a two-year deal with us, with an option for a third year. ;hmm

;hmm
    ;hmm
    ;hmm
  • Hamstew said:

;hmm
    ;hmm
    ;hmm
    ;hmm
  • He's not an upgrade of on what we have though....doesn't really make sense unless we intend to get rid of both Randolph and Adrian and get a ruddy and a new #1

#fixeditforyou
  • IronHerb said:

He's not as good as either Adrian or Randy so one could be off but not both.

he's still a ruddy good goalkeeper
  • Still, he's not better than either Adrian or Randolph

Still, he's a ruddy good goalkeeper
  • Heard rumours that Nolito is going to to real betis for 3.4m? For that price we should be going in for him. Looked decent at city when i saw him play better than Feghouli.
This discussion has been closed.