Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Ruddy couldn't even get in the Norwich team.
  • He's not as good as either Adrian or Randy so one could be off but not both.
  • If we go into the season with Randolph and Ruddy as our keeper options I will be very concerned.
  • If we want a keeper I'd go all out to get Pickford IMO ;ok

I think he'd cost too much for us. I can see Sunderlands holding out for £15m plus and we won't pay that for a 'keeper.

If De Gea goes to Madrid, Pickford goes to Old Trafford, I reckon
  • Mourinho won't put a kid in goal.
  • Of the Premier League keepers who could be on the move, I think the one for us should be Begovic, personally.
  • I see where you're coming from. But I hate him. Time waster.
  • Ruddy couldn't even get in the Norwich team.

Ruddy started the first two games, was injured, when he came back he was on the bench, was restored to the starting XI, was put back on the bench and then played the last six games. In total he was between the sticks for 29 games out of 51 this season
  • Still, he's not better than either Adrian or Randolph
  • Agreed but Adrian could be gone in the summer, he still hasn't signed an extension
  • 2nd division in Denmark? ;hmm ;puzzled
  • Belguim 1st division?
  • Division 3 in Austria?

I don't know what we're doing here ;hmm
  • Yes but we got Sakho from a lower European league right? And he worked out ok?

Apart from always being injured

And going on strike when not injured

;hmm
  • I thought the guy in Lukerz link plays in the belguim 1st division
  • From Wiki:

"Königliche Allgemeine Sportvereinigung Eupen (often simply known as Eupen) is a Belgian association football club based in the city of Eupen in the German-speaking Community of Belgium, in the province of Liège. They first reached the Belgian Pro League in the 2010–11 season and gained another promotion to the first division in the 2016–17 season"
  • I wonder why they are often just known as Eupen?
  • Henry Onyekuru plays in the Belgian 1st Div but he's a winger rather than an out-and-out striker.

His 22 goals were in all competitions, he only scored 12 in the league, finishing as 7th top scorer

Perhaps C&H ought to do a bit of Googling before he posts his articles

Sakho came from Metz who were French 2nd Div champs at the time
  • Gossip Column:
    Bournemouth are willing to offer Jermain Defoe a three-year contract worth £115,000 a week. The 35-year-old Sunderland and England striker is soon to be available on a free transfer. (Sun)
    £115,000 per week ;nonono
  • Something else on the Gossip Column says that Derby will let Tom Ince go for £10m in the summer. I really like Tom Ince. He is quick, scores goals, and is still only 25. I think he could be good addition to our squad at a (relatively) low price.
  • edited May 2017
    No way should we be trying to compete with Bournemouth for Defoe if those figures are true.
  • Wasn't it reported that Michail Antonio's new contract was for £55k pw? would we really give Defoe more than twice the salary of the Hammer of the Year?
  • I can definitely see Bournemouth wanting Defoe.

I can see the attraction of Bournemouth for Defoe.

But I'd like to think we're a bigger draw for him. Would we match that reported offer though? ;hmm
  • I get the 115K because hes a free but who's seriously going to give a 35 year old a 3 year contract? A club that has an 11K capacity too ;hmm Just a little bit skeptical
  • edited May 2017
    Bazshuayi said:

I get the 115K because hes a free but who's seriously going to give a 35 year old a 3 year contract? A club that has an 11K capacity too ;hmm Just a little bit skeptical

TV money has made stadium size irrelevant
  • Well the evening standard are reporting he wants £100k per week but £6m signing on fee!!

This is supposedly because that is what we were prepared to pay Sunderland 6 months ago.
  • Re; Eupen and Henry Onyekuru

He scored 12 in 28 in the first part of their league competition, where the top scorer had 20, but lots of those above him had 14.

He has scored 6 in 7 in the 2nd round of games (which doesn't involve the top 6 teams.)

If the emphasis on the release clause is true, then it suggests we would be considered as a stepping stone which could be OK if the clause was big enough to make it worth our while if he turns out to be any good.
  • Defoe is worth 10-15 goals a season.

How much would you have to pay to get one of those?

But 3 years? That does seem like a lot.
This discussion has been closed.