January 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• From what the Brentford fan said last week, Hogan was 1st choice, got injured and Gray took his chance. I'd rather we got Hogan. I'm not saying Gray is no good but he's hardly been scoring by the bucket load. Plus, as mentioned, Burnley arent going to sell him anyway. I had a look earlier and noted Hogan was a sub ( then saw the comments posted here which backed up that he's not being played because he's going to be transferred or his heads not right ). I am impatiently waiting for some Hogan to West Ham updates after last weeks news. I'll be disappointed if we dont get him but, as a West Ham fan, i've been disappointed once or twice before and I'll get over it ;whistle ;wink ;wahoo
  • Agreed, Hogan was the player they rate above Gray and they should know
  • Baz ;ok Big game for Brentford and Hogan didn't come on, even when they were one down.

Could suggest we're getting close. Hopefully we'll get it done next week.
  • Im guessing they're resigned to letting him go and he's also expressed a wish to do so. It's been speculated that Watford have also bid. If he goes to them over us then ;doh ;wahoo I've been totally confident we're going to get him for a while. But these last few days have made me question that I may not be right 100% of the time ;wink
  • I gave that one up the moment I got married
    ;wink
  • Chicago, ;lol

But I always have the last word with my missus, it's usually "Yes, dear" ;biggrin
  • Zaza to Valencia appears to be a done deal according to the Valencia twitter site

https://twitter.com/valenciacf
  • Right, so we need a striker to replace him. Clearly Martinez isn't that man given Calleri is preferred to him.

That Hogan at Brentford looks pretty useful...
  • FEGHOULI TO ROMA?

Roma coach Luciano Spaletti says then Serie A club are still working on a deal to sign West Ham winger Sofiane Feghouli, but the Hammers are reluctant to lose him with Dimitri Payet's future uncertain.

Feghouli started and scored against Crystal Palace yesterday.
  • I think he's a keeper. For now.
  • I'd really like to keep Feghouli. He had a couple of very promising runs yesterday and looks as though he's getting closer to understanding the pace of the league.

With some signings the club have to show more patience and give them a chance to learn, not sell them after 6 months and then start again. Hopefully Feghouli can grow into being a dangerous player for us if given more time.
  • He's struggled for fitness and form this season but now he's finally shaken off the injuries and have in his limited few appearances grown into the team and looks a real threat surely we won't sell him now

This team lacks pace and real wingers and this guy hugs the touchline uhich opens gaps something that's needed in the current system
  • Yeah, we can't afford to let Feghouli go, IMO. Starting to show some form and with no Tire or Payet, we have very few wide options now.

Give Feghouli the chance to make the right wing his own.
  • Good luck to him ;ok
  • Will remember him for this

• Closer than his penalty though ;lol
  • It's a shame that's what he'll be remembered for, but he literally did nothing else memorable.
  • MrsGrey said:

I think he's a keeper. For now.

Mrs Grey, I don't think he is a goalie.
    ;lol
  • Feghouli didn't get a single start in the Premier in 2016, just three in the Cups and Palace was the first time he'd played a full 90 minutes of league football.

If he goes it will be a shame but you can understand why he might feel as if he's been ignored and undervalued while he was here. A bit like Tevez and Mascherano under Pardew.
  • But wasn't he injured for a lot of that time?
  • edited January 2017
    He missed the first four games and made his comeback on 17 September, came on for the second half against West Brom when we were already 3-0 down.

Over the 13 games between start of October and the end of December he managed a total of 72 minutes of Premier League football

• JAGIELKA ON THE MOVE?

Everton defender Phil Jagielka is set for discussions about his future amid interest from Sunderland and West Ham, according to the Daily Mail.

Jagielka, 34, is club captain, but manager Ronald Koeman is reportedly seeking a younger centre-back either in January or the summer.

Jagielka joined Everton from Sheffield United in 2007.

• He'd be an excellent buy for us (five years ago) ;whistle
  • Jagielka will be 35 in August, if Defoe is too old for DG then so is Jags. Let's wait until the summer and if Palace gets relegated we can buy Tomkins back for half price
  • edited January 2017
    Sky say we've agreed an initial fee of £9m for Hogan, but that we are only willing to pay 3m in add ons, whereas Brentford want an additional £6m. Watford and WBA interested.
  • What we gonna do... Brother...
  • plus payet ;biggrin
  • If he sings for Watford or WBA I will ;facepalm
This discussion has been closed.