January 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Has anyone seen this about the 100 most valuable players?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38635387

Snippet from the bottom:

"West Ham midfielder Michail Antonio makes the list at 100, with a value of £31m."
  • alderz , beats my ham and cheese ;lol
  • Football has gone mad , and how can Pogba who is average imo be worth more than the 96m Man unt paid for him .. I meeen if you had a choice of that top 10 would
    you really pay 126m for pogba ;ok
  • Football hasn't gone mad, well not over that pointless and meaningless exercise anyway. Who exactly is going to pay £216m for Neymar? NO ONE not even the Chinese (or the Daves)!
  • alderz - it also lists Bellerin as worth €70.3m/£62m, Otamendi € 63.1m/£55.5m...

.....and Jon Stones is worth €48.9m/£43m. Jon Stones?!??!?!?

Laugh, I nearly.........
  • If you look at how they calculate the value, a big factor is how much they have cost in the past. Since Man City (allegedly) paid more than that for him, their algorithm has actually had him LOSE value. ;lol
  • edited January 2017
    That means Stones has dropped in value by £7m! Pretty much the only one!

Edit: Mrs Grey's too quick for me.
  • Indeed, minus £4.5m in five months, that's a devaluation of 900k per month.

I'd have thought it would have been more than that......
  • Mrs G, all they are doing is following the "Levy" way of negotiating transfers. He has even made a profit on the cranes they bought to build their new stadium. ;whistle
  • Well Fortune, I've heard that Real Madrid are interested ;biggrin
  • Thats great news if we wait until the summer we can pick up a right bargin ;wink
  • Would prefer paying the English premium for Hogan. We've done alright at bringing players from the Championship and from what my Brentford-supporting FIFA buddy says, he has the attributes to adapt.
  • Braithwaite's goalscoring record isn't particularly inspiring, and he hasn't played over here before. I'm with Outcast
  • West ham reject second bid from Marseille. Believed to be £20m. The first bid was £19m.

#cheekygirls
  • They are following the Davids approach to negotiating...

The next offer will be for 7M and a pack of jaffa cakes...
  • edited January 2017
    Jaffa cakes you say? If they change their offer to 7 million packs of Jaffa cakes, I say take the offer. Mmmmm, Jaffa cakes.
  • Tweet from David Gold

David Gold‏ @davidgold

With a number of top Premier League players holding clubs to ransom is it time to close the January transfer window? dg
    4:42 AM · Jan 16, 2017
  • If he's only worth £20m I think we should go in for him.
  • Zarate to Watford ;nonono
  • Somebody ought to tell DG that the transfer window isn't controlled by the Premier League, it applies to all the leagues in Europe although considering the amount of time we've spent playing in Europe its understandable that he might have forgotten about them......
  • Someone also ought to tell Dave that he has the Jan transfer window to thank for being able to offload Zaza
  • Sunderland and West Ham have been put off by Leeds United's £15m valuation of striker Chris Wood. (Sunderland Echo)
  • Chris Wood ???? - I would be over the moon to have a another Kiwi in the squad but lets get real - Nice bloke but hardly a premier league striker - In fact until this season struggling in the Championship - surely his international captain will be close enough to the action to tell the Daves that.
  • I reckon im worth about 3.2 million at todays prices!
  • edited January 2017
    3.2 million what? ;hmm
  • Open to offers from the floor!
  • I could probably do that in Hob Nobs, Ginger Nuts and Rich Tea.

Exchange rate with Jaffa Cakes is crazy atm, so can't offer those.

This discussion has been closed.