January 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• West Ham and Brentford have had a breakthrough in talks over the transfer of Scott Hogan. The Hammers have offered about £13.5m in total for the 24-year-old striker. (Daily Mail)
  • That Irish Times article says that Payet wanted to leave because we haven't grown as a club by signing a striker. I thought it was family reasons? Maybe this is why people find the family reasons excuse hard to accept.
  • Maybe his wife was so upset that we signed Calleri and Zaza instead of Lacazette that she moved back to Franr in protest... ;hmm
  • Alderz

I was more interested in the strikers they've signed than the connection to Payet.
  • still don't think we are signing anyone before the Boro game I expect deals to come after game in the run up to the City game on 1st Feb when window shuts.
  • edited January 2017
    alderz said:

That Irish Times article says that Payet wanted to leave because we haven't grown as a club by signing a striker. I thought it was family reasons? Maybe this is why people find the family reasons excuse hard to accept.

Broken promises last summer.....

Then the family issues after........(it's not an excuse)

IMO

We've gone from Bacca, Bats and Lacca to snodgrass and Hogan
  • Izwt

In my opinion they would have tried all they could to get those three, barring offering fees the selling club couldn't refuse.

What they did is overestimate the attraction of West Ham to players in that category

The players they are now targeting probably reflects them shifting their expectations back to reality
  • Excuse

"Seek to lessen the blame attached to.."

Seems to me that the family issues are pretty much exactly what the dictionary tells us an excuse is, whether true or not.

(Yet again, I will firmly voice my opinion that the family issues are real, but the behaviour following is unacceptable.)
  • Which nobody has denied
  • Mornington Crescent.
  • ;biggrin

You never to fail to cheer me up young man ;star
  • #TheAdeEffect ;biggrin
  • Putting smiles on people's faces and busting onion bags since '98

;cool
  • ;lol ;lol ;lol

;bowdown

;carew
  • ;nonono That is monstrous.
  • Aint it though ;lol
  • Is Rav doing a deadline day special alongside Ade ?
  • Hopefully announcing him ;lol
  • Hopefully announcing him ;lol

....As a replacement for Jermaine Defoe at Sunderland as Defoe rejoins the Hammers ;wahoo

• ANTONIO SET FOR NEW DEAL

There’s been plenty of talk about Dimitri Payet’s future, but how about some good news for West Ham fans?

The Guardian reports Michail Antonio is set to sign a new long-term contract worth £70,000-a-week, doubling his current wage.

The five-and-a-half-year deal comes as reward for a fine campaign – Antonio has scored eight Premier League goals so far this season.

Interest from Chelsea has reportedly prompted West Ham to act now to secure Antonio’s long-term future.

• That's good news, imo.

He works so, so, so hard for the team, and is also incredibly effective too. Love him

;carew
  • Not just us:
    Everton's £10.4m deal for Standard Liege striker Ishak Belfodil has stalled and may now be abandoned.

The move was close to completion at the end of last week and the 24-year-old was awaiting clearance to fly to Merseyside from Standard's warm weather training camp in Spain to complete the formalities and undergo a medical.

Belfodil, however, has been frustrated as reports in Belgium suggested the move has become tangled up in financial complications and is now likely to be scrapped completely.
    Phil McNumpty on BBC Sportsday thread. http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/38250935
  • Phil McNumpty ;lol
  • BREAKING NEWS: Sky sources: @HullCity reject £6m bid from @WestHamUtd for Robert Snodgrass. #SSNHQ

Sigh. Still wasting our time with this one. Average.
  • Still no Hogan...
This discussion has been closed.