January 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• I wonder if we will ever sign someone.
  • No, never ever ever.

• Hamstew said:

I wonder if we will ever sign someone.

Screenshot_2017-01-18-13-38-33_1

• ANTONIO SET FOR NEW DEAL

The Guardian reports Michail Antonio is set to sign a new long-term contract worth £70,000-a-week, doubling his current wage.

The five-and-a-half-year deal comes as reward for a fine campaign – Antonio has scored eight Premier League goals so far this season.

Interest from Chelsea has reportedly prompted West Ham to act now to secure Antonio’s long-term future.

That's fantastic news

That's him off to Chelsea in July then..
  • when is his loyalty bonus due?
  • Not just us:

Everton's £10.4m deal for Standard Liege striker Ishak Belfodil has stalled and may now be abandoned.

The move was close to completion at the end of last week and the 24-year-old was awaiting clearance to fly to Merseyside from Standard's warm weather training camp in Spain to complete the formalities and undergo a medical.

Belfodil, however, has been frustrated as reports in Belgium suggested the move has become tangled up in financial complications and is now likely to be scrapped completely.
    Phil McNumpty on BBC Sportsday thread. http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/38250935

It would be similar to us except for the fact that Everton have already signed a forward in this window who has already played and scored for them.
  • edited January 2017
    We were reported to be for Belfodil in 2012 I thjnk
  • How many other PL clubs have made signings?

Genuinely curious as I haven't looked into it ;hmm

Seems like not very many at all, I think it's just a difficult window all round.
  • You're right of course, Jorderz ;ok

However we have one forward gone and another forward (type) player on strike another striker out till march and our hopes being pinned on AC not getting injured. Hence I guess why many are getting fidgety..
  • alderz said:

We were reported to be for Belfodil in 2012 I thjnk

Where did you hear that Alderz??

Please don't answer that one, I don't want to get caught up in that debate

;lol

#bantz
  • Belfodil

;nonono

made up name..
  • Daffie's little brother. ;biggrin
  • Belfodil

;nonono

made up name..

Talking of made up names

VILLA KEEN ON HOURIHANE

Sounds like a knock off Harry Kane

#rollup#rollup
  • lol barracks

I just remember hearing the name mentioned when he was at Inter. I think he has scored like one goal in half a season at the time and we were all underwhelmed
  • You're right of course, Jorderz ;ok

However we have one forward gone and another forward (type) player on strike another striker out till march and our hopes being pinned on AC not getting injured. Hence I guess why many are getting fidgety..

Don't disagree, just think almost every other set of fans probably feels the same, or at least those outside the top 6.

We're far from alone, it isn't just our owners being useless, I think it's just a terribly difficult window to buy anybody for anything except a terribly inflated price.
  • edited January 2017

Talking of made up names

VILLA KEEN ON HOURIHANE

Sounds like a knock off Harry Kane

#rollup#rollup

Conor Hourihane, Barnsley central midfielder, 5 goals and the most assists in the Champo, 11. Takes free kicks, penalties and corners. Also likes to take shots from outside the box
  • Jose Fonte having medical tomorrow, after fee agreed between WHU and Saints, according to Jinxed on KUMB.
  • ;hmm

Isn't Jinxed rubbish at being right?
  • Also, if it's true, what does it mean for Oxford ;hmm A loan, presumably
  • More to the point what does it mean for oggy as Reid has been performing a one man show in many games
  • edited January 2017
    I can see Oxford being thought best to go out on loan for a bit more development - he was supposed to get that from the last loan but was mostly crocked. So we might imagine he hasn't made the progress that was anticipated.

But do we really need another CB? We already have Ginge as our 'veteran'.
  • A cynic (not me) would say that is what we do - have one or two positions in which we have a critical need and yet go and buy a player in another position on account of the fact that it's a "good deal" ;hmm
  • Reid, Collins, Ogbonna and Oxford.

Plus Kouyate and Nordtveit that can play there.

Fonte's a decent player, but wholly unnecessary, IMO.
  • What is it with Slav that he is obsessed with padding out the squad? that's what got us in trouble in the summer. He does know we were knocked out of Europa I hope and he is not recruiting for the later stages of a competition he is no longer in.

Oxford needs some pitch time, if he is that much of a prospect then surely we can get into a place where we are safe from relegation and let him play. If he was able to start against Arsenal in Slavs first match then surely he can play a part this season.

• Reasons for another CB:

1) We are now sometimes playing 3 at the back.
    2) Collins, Reid, Ogbonna are our main defenders.
    3) Oxford is still only 18
    4) We probably want Kouyate in midfield to get the best out of him.
  • According to Ex on the radio show, Hogan, Fonte and Snodgrass are the most likely signings this month, but Slav is delaying the decision as to whether to sign Hogan ;hmm
  • So......still no sign of a right back.
This discussion has been closed.