January 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• edited January 2017
    lol

I keep an eye on KUMB quite a lot, purely because of the two 'verified' ITK's they have who the entire forum respect. I repeat 'verified'. These aren't blokes who claim to be ITK and spout off anything, because the forum discourages that and has banned users who have been WUM ITK's. They are verified with the site management.

He's got more than 1 right, I can tell you.

But if you don't read the forum occasionally, you won't know. ;whistle
  • edited January 2017

Lose Collins and you lose a massive part of this club, IMO

Although, there is a rumour Spurs are looking to nip in last minute, after the Vertonghen injury.
    For Ginge or Fonte...
    Fonte ;wink
  • That Sky article says the reason is to 'bolster defensive ranks' as we have only 'three senior central defenders'.

Which doesn't quite fit with the rumour elsewhere of Ginge to Palace ... because then we'd have .... 'only three senior central defenders'. ;puzzled

• On the one hand we have lots of defenders at our disposal, reid, oggy, Collins, the two Reece's and kouyate who can play there

On the other end our defence is one of the leakiest around so you could argue having all those resources isn't actually working
  • When I see the way that Payet has behaved, it makes me want people like James Collins at the club. I think it's important to have that core to the squad. People that are going to roll their sleeves up and work very hard when the going gets tough.

I'm not saying Fonte wouldn't do that, or disparaging him in any way, because I think he would be an excellent signing and would strengthen our first XI immediately. I just think getting rid of Ginge to bring him in would be a huge mistake
  • I don't read the KUMB forum, so wouldn't know, you're right ;ok

However, verified by KUMB management means... what exactly? Who runs KUMB, Slaven Bilic? ;wink

On Fonte, I think he's a good defender but I would be surprised if it meant selling Collins. I think the idea must be to get Kouyate back into midfield instead, and have Collins as back-up ;hmm
  • Alderz ;ok agree

Fonte is the exact sort of signing we should've made six months IMO.
  • Lukerz

In an ideal world, yes, but up until a month ago Saints were trying to get him to sign a new deal. Until he handed in his transfer request he didn't seem to be available to anyone other than the biggest clubs.
  • edited January 2017
    I don't want to lose Ginge, even if his not playing his attitude and influence to the squad is huge, the last time we sold him we got relegated....

BFS brought character back into the squad. I feel like we are losing that foundation again, talented players but without a few rocks that keep the attitude together.

Nolan / Tomkins / Collins / Noble - Maybe not the most talented but you want them in the trenches.
  • I think most of us would have said CB is almost the lowest possibly priority for us before this.

But then, we have conceded an awful lot of goals this season, so I'm a bit ;hmm
  • Buy Fonte ;ok
    But IMO not at the expense of letting Ginge go ;ok
  • If anyone was to be moved on, I'd prefer Ogbonna. Collins should be with us until he retires or has to drop to the Championship.

I'm worried we're going to lose Oxford to someone promising him game time though. How much has he played this season? 1 game?
  • Certainly agree with that Vorselaarhammer, there is a need to have players like Collins on the bench for seeing out games and filling holes should they come. He will come on cold and throw himself into everything and rally every player on the pitch with his own attitude alone. You would not imagine he is on relatively big money and so he definitely should remain in my view. He is never going to have the class of Reid but will let nobody down.
  • I think oggy is a gonna if fonte joins
  • edited January 2017
    ginge ;weep

In that interview Antonio did a while back, the answer to the question 'Which of the team hates losing THE MOST', was 'Ginge'. Hates it!
  • outcast, ;ok re Oxford.

I'd like him to go on loan to a reasonably good club (but not so good that he doesn't play regularly.)
  • I think oggy is a gonna if fonte joins

;pray
  • edited January 2017
    Expat, is that a prayer for him to stay or go?
    Personally, I'd prefer Ginge to stay and let Oggy go.
  • Barracks I agree with you. We'd also probably get more for him than Ginge, although I agree with others that I'd far rather hang on to Collins ...
  • Stay I hope
  • edited January 2017
    NEoldiron said:

Expat, is that a prayer for him to stay or go?
    Personally, I'd prefer Ginge to stay and let Oggy go.

To go, rather keep the Ginger Ninja ;ok
  • Fonte fee being reported by C&H (I know) as £10-12m.

Not at that price. ;hmm
  • On Oxford,

I'm fairly sure he signed a long term deal a couple of months ago, so losing him is unlikely at the moment. I think that, at 18, he can't really expect to be in the first team, though I would like to see him feature more than he has.

As MrsG says, a loan to a good Championship / League One club to get some experience would be a good move, IMO. Maybe Bradford? They've done good jobs with both Burke and Cullen, and playing at that level against some experienced pros and a few battering rams can only be good for him.

I like the idea of working with Bradford more, tbh. 4/5 years ago we sent everyone on loan to Colchester and they hardly got games and nobody really developed. At Bradford they seem to really bring the lads on a long way. Fast becoming my second team, tbh.
  • Would like us to keep Collins as he has the best beard since Slav shaved his off ;lol
  • IronHerb said:

Fonte fee being reported by C&H (I know) as £10-12m.

Not at that price. ;hmm

for a 33yo CB.... ;nonono

• CALLERI ON THE MOVE?

West Ham loanee Jonathan Calleri is on the verge of joining Las Palmas, reports Marca.

The Argentina striker joined the Hammers on a season-long loan from Deportivo Maldonado in August but has managed only two outings for Slaven Bilic’s side.

He is set to trade London for the island of Gran Canaria, with Marca reporting that negotiations between Calleri’s agent and Las Palmas are so close that a deal could be announced imminently.

Las Palmas appear to have fended off competition from Sao Paulo, who were also keen on Calleri, while the 23-year-old spurned interest from Alaves, Leganes, Sampdoria, Galatasaray and PSV.

Calleri is set to join Las Palmas on a long-term loan deal that will last well beyond the summer.

• edited January 2017
    In his presser earlier, Slav was asked about Calleri. According to club twitter, he answered: : "@Jocalleri always gives 100 per cent. He is not playing at the moment but we have to see what will happen and listen to the player."
  • Hogan,snodgrass and fonte(but not for 12m ;nonono ) and i will be a happy hammer
This discussion has been closed.