January 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Liverpool Everton and Forest?
  • Two out of three
  • IronHerb said:

Can't agree with you on that one Suze, unless you meant supper. Then I'm with you. ;lol

;lol

Not sure what I meant....
  • Which one was wrong
  • Forest was wrong. Not Villa either
  • i would think Man Utd
  • You would think wrong
  • But it was a London team which narrows it down a bit
  • And the winner is Preston. Liverpool, Everton and Spurs were on Berlusconi's list as the top clubs in England. Ten years later it would have been Arsenal, Man U and someone else.

Funny game, football.....
  • edited January 2017
    Well, Stoke 3-0 up until Defoe again scores for Sunderland. If the lad isn't sick of it by now he never will be. For goodness sake Daves get in there with a decent offer. I for one am sick of this ;tumbleweed
  • You watching this game though....

He's not gonna score if we can't give him the service
  • Agree WHU but I just feel with all the negativity a decent signing might give the players a lift. God knows it would me. ;ok
  • 1 hour later. Then again. ;biggrin
  • Right, so right back is sorted, the defence is sorted and we don't need any strikers as goals are coming in floods

So no signings required, right??

;lol
  • Absolutely baracks. ;clown
  • and some people would've cashed in on Antonio.......
    ;whistle
  • Right, so right back is sorted, the defence is sorted and we don't need any strikers as goals are coming in floods

So no signings required, right??

;lol

Don't let the Davids read this otherwise it will give them ideas.

;lol
  • edited January 2017
    Scott Hogan was an unused sub today. 2 and a half weeks to go...

Edit: Just saw your post, McHammer. So there was no need for mine!
  • seen we only have 1 more game before the window closes against Boro next week then we have an 11 day break till Feb 1st against City.
  • Great minds Adam!
  • Slav must've seen how much better Carroll looks with a partner, the Hogan deal makes sense hes a natural goalscorer which we still lack can't let today overshadow the deficiencies in the squad

Also worth noting that Byram may have done well today but again their are question marks over his long term ability. Does he have enough to be a regular for a premier league team? I rate him and hope he can stay injury free but he didn't exactly inspire confidence at the beginning of the season

Obviously their isn't enough for huge amounts spent but don't want the club to stall because of today......need to make sure we are prepared for when things go wrong (which they usually do when you're reliant on Carroll)

I'd personally love for us to try for Trippier just can't see Spurs being willing negotiators especially with Walker being linked to City constantly

Difficult buying players with the knowledge that Kouyate and Ayew will be back soon
  • In order for the Chinese league to be a success it needs to a to audience .china may have a billion people but a lot of them are poor in rural areas I can't see them forking out for to packages. Does anyone in Europe watch Mls . The money will always be in Europe long term as it's the richest part of the world per head of population for football

Packages in other parts of the world aren't as expensive. In Bangladesh I paid about £3 a month for a package that included Star Sports (the Asian version of Sky). In very remote rural areas, they'll probably still have a communal place to watch, which advertisers could even encourage and sponsor. Finances aren't necessarily a barrier, the market just works a bit differently.
  • edited January 2017
    Mirror reporting we've bid £15m for Andre Gray ;hmm
  • lol Burnley will not sell him though i rate Andre Gray. I think if Burnley want to kick on he is a player they need to build around more than anyone.
This discussion has been closed.