January 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Lot of images of Martinez training with the first team maybe we are willing to see how he fairs (probably in a cameo) against palace

If he looks good then he can come into the squad if everything looks overrated we'll stump up the cash for Hogan....I hope
  • ZAZA TO LEAVE WEST HAM

Simone Zaza has accepted an offer from Valencia, according to Sky in Italy. 

The Juventus striker, currently on loan at West Ham, will move on loan to the Spanish side for 2m euros, with an obligation to buy for an extra 16m euros.

Some good news at last
    Zaza for now
  • edited January 2017
    Then he will go on loan elsewhere with an option to buy for a packet of gravel and so on until he has an option to buy equivalent to the value of Payets morale compass
  • Good luck to Zaza, hope he does better in La Liga than he did in the Premier
  • I felt bad for Zaza, tbh. He came into a struggling side with a lot of pressure on his shoulders and clearly wasn't cut out for it. Not much you can do when you just aren't good enough.

Honestly, I'd be very surprised and disappointed if we didnt sign Hogan for the sake of £2m
  • Alderz

That first paragraph started out very kind. By the end of it, not so much!
  • Haha Adam I tried
  • SSN saying we're still in talks with Brentford about Hogan ;hmm
  • OCS, that's Bert Hogan the plumber
  • Carlton Cole is looking for a new club. Kismet.
  • edited January 2017
    Loyalty is his middle name.

• It's not really.

;yercoat
  • MrsGrey said:

It's not really.

;yercoat

But if you asked him, he'd change it.
  • I believe that if Costa goes to China or others follow suit, the creation of a European super league will be highly likely ;weep
  • West Ham want to sign Swansea's Gylfi Sigurdsson to replace wantaway attacker Dimitri Payet.
  • Done deal

Source sky transfer centre

BROWNE PENS HAMMERS EXTENSION

19-year-old forward Marcus Browne has pledged his future to West Ham, signing a new contract to keep him at the club until 2020.

Browne has been rewarded with a new three-and-a-half year deal after blossoming for the U23 side this season, appearing in all but one fixture this year.
  • £20m for Sigurdsson
    sweepy23 said:

I believe that if Costa goes to China or others follow suit, the creation of a European super league will be highly likely ;weep

Okay you're going to have to explain the logic behind that cos I'm not sure how the two are connected
  • Werent the Chinese govt supposed to be curbing wages/fees? If so, a short term exodus of players and lining of their pockets will happen. The power base of football will always stay in Europe I reckon
  • £20m for Sigurdsson

sweepy23 said:

I believe that if Costa goes to China or others follow suit, the creation of a European super league will be highly likely ;weep

Okay you're going to have to explain the logic behind that cos I'm not sure how the two are connected
    The logic is smacking anyone in the face.

Because the big European clubs have spoken about it in the past.

Because the big European clubs will want to be able to keep their best players and to do so need greater earnings.

The public and tv audience do not want to watch championship players.

Costa is not old, not a has been, he is prime meat at the top of his game. This is worrying.

A European super league would bring a huge tv deal and even greater viewing figures.

There may be a billion plus people in China but in Europe there are 730m and billions would watch it.

If China continue to strip the best players out of Europe there will be a backlash.

The premier league is successful due to its worldwide coverage and the belief it is the best league in the world.

If the best players leave it is an inferior product and the clubs will lose money in tv, sponsorship, ticket prices etc

If we think that the owners of the clubs will not and do not worry about the product of the premier league and their clubs revenue you need to wake up.

It's called business and competition.
  • bazWHUusa said:

Werent the Chinese govt supposed to be curbing wages/fees? If so, a short term exodus of players and lining of their pockets will happen. The power base of football will always stay in Europe I reckon

I hope so!
  • In order for the Chinese league to be a success it needs to a to audience .china may have a billion people but a lot of them are poor in rural areas I can't see them forking out for to packages. Does anyone in Europe watch Mls . The money will always be in Europe long term as it's the richest part of the world per head of population for football
  • Siggurdson always said he would be the perfect buy for us and i think with his range of passing and movement the bigger pitch really would suit him. However he loves Swansea and they like Sunderland and Defoe and like Hull and Snodgrass are not gonna sell him for 20m.
  • In order for the Chinese league to be a success it needs to a to audience .china may have a billion people but a lot of them are poor in rural areas I can't see them forking out for to packages. Does anyone in Europe watch Mls . The money will always be in Europe long term as it's the richest part of the world per head of population for football

Correct but if the best players have gone and the football diminishes less people will watch.

Today the boards of Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, City, Spurs and United are talking more than ever about a European league and this will be another piece of ammunition.

Fingers crossed I'm wrongs don't wrong for a long time.
  • You know at first glance I'd be happy for a European supper league, with the big moneyed clubs gone we may get a more even playing field for the rest of us.
  • Can't agree with you on that one Suze, unless you meant supper. Then I'm with you. ;lol
  • UEFA don't want a Super League (unless they were running it) as it would reduce the value of the Champions League, the national FAs don't want it as it reduces the value of their leagues and the clubs don't want to be the ones left behind with reduced TV incomes.
  • Okay, here's a question; who were the three English clubs that Berlusconi approached when he first suggested a Super League in the late 80s?
This discussion has been closed.