January 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Daniel Levy is the worst to deal with

£13mil for Ryan Mason
    £8mil for Pritchard
    £8mil for Carroll

How much will Tripper cost....if he's affordable I'd much prefer him to Jenkinson he's much better defensively and just in general is a better player, and sill only 26
  • Snodgrass smells of Downing.
  • edited January 2017
    Levy will ask for silly money for Trippier despite him being a back up. The normal Spurs TF way which will basically waste some of that 24/7 time Sullivan and co apparently spend trying to secure deals. Trippier would be a very decent signing so its a case of mentally trying to dismiss it as it is highly unlikely to come off.

Jenkinson, to be frank, isn't worth chasing IMO

Fonte will go to Everton I reckon. They've got money burning a hole in their pockets and he knows Koeman/vice versa. Us putting in a 4M bid is hardly likely to alter that. Ginge is nearing fitness as a back up and I'd prefer we promoted Oxford into the team rather than buy someone like Fonte. If Oxford is that good then he'll show it in the first team soon enough without us paying a lot of money for a 30+ year old on the decline

Blind faith says I still believe we'll get Hogan and he will band 'em in for us ;biggrin
  • Has that Jinxed dude ever got anything right?
  • Was hoping we'd have Hogan signed for the game on Saturday. Give the crowd a bit of a lift.

Sullivan probably offering 50p up front and 13m over 20 years
  • Apparently Palace/Sam are in for Jenkinsen for just 3m, if true that seems like a steal, he is only 24 and I think he is pretty decent.
  • I think he's good enough for us.

My fear is we'll bid low for Trippier, then be forced to negotiate with Levy who will have no intention to sell him to us, and then lose out on Jenkinson or Iorfa, who are perhaps more realistic targets.

Don't get me wrong, I hope we are in for Trippier because I've always rated him, but I think we're doing something into the wind if we think Spurs will let him go for anything close to what we're prepared to pay.
  • edited January 2017
    If we offered £3m for Jenkinson here's what would happen:

;lol ;lol ;lol
  • They'll be offering £5m for Snodgrass next...
  • Surprised Arsenal aren't paying Palace to take him.
  • Ian Abrahams (talkSPORT)
    Transfer News - I'm told Scott Hogan should sign for West Ham in the next few days
  • Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi, 23, has been told he has no chance of leaving Chelsea this month amid reported interest from Swansea and West Ham. (Daily Star)
  • The Dave's need to put forward a straightforward cash offer of £10m for Defoe and stop playing silly games. It might not get the player but it should at least bring them to the table
  • I wonder if Batman regrets his summer choice of club given the amount of game time he hasn't had ;hmm
  • I think we have enough goals, if 10m is being used I would prefer it spent on Trippear tbh.

A team is built on the defense a strong backline and the rest will follow.
  • Agree if we get Hogan and Snodgrass we need RH back of his quality ;ok
  • I don't think we need Snodgrass at all, personally
  • Depends, Alderz. If we let Feghouli go to Roma, we only have Antonio and Payet to play in the wide positions. If Bilic decides to use Antonio up front, or even right back, then we have no wide options.

I’d take Snodgrass, but he isn’t a long term fix, IMO
  • edited January 2017
    We do need a proper winger, otherwise we may as well sell Andy, who we utilise appallingly under Slav.

Just not sure Snodgrass is that 'proper winger'.

Snodgrass replaces Feghouli.
    Hogan relaces Zaza.

It just doesn't scream 'next level' to me, which is what we were teased.
  • We won't get next level in January. I think the board know they dropped the ball in the summer (Tore gone, Zaza gone, Calleri gone, Feghouli rumoured to be going) and I think all they can do is patch for now.

Hogan is a prospect and I hope we get him. Snodgrass can do a job for us for the rest of the season and maybe beyond, but it's in the summer where the board need to push on.
  • edited January 2017
    OCS - normally I would agree. I think we all know that Jan is not the time to buy and if it was all rosy we could just carry on with no incomings or outgoings.

But when you make such a mess of one window (I honestly don't feel one signing is worth keeping), I think you have to be prepared to get out £20m and attempt to make it right. We need a RB and ST, maybe a WG, and should be willing to go up to £20m-£25m for them, especially when we haven't splashed out on Zaza, which I assume we aimed to do and budgeted for?

As you say, Tore, Zaza, Feghouli and Calleri have all been exiled more or less. So, at the very least, they need replacing, otherwise why did we bother signing them initially? Then we've got Sakhalin and Masuaku on the long term injury list and Kouyate and Ayew away for ACoN. All the while we have two massive games coming up against Palace and Boro. 4-6 points and you can safely tick this season off as secured, but take 0-2 and we're right back in the mix at the bottom.
  • This is the question Feghouli or Snodgrass on the wing ?

Snodgrass 2016 23- 9 goals Feghouli ..... 1 goal in the Europa group and injured
    most of the other premier games .

Snodgrass is more likely to score and assist in my opinion and can take a free
    kick good with his left foot. ;ok
  • I think the summer window was a strange one. None of the signings have worked out as yet, but at the time I was genuinely excited by Ayew, Feghouli & Tore, and felt that Nordtveit was a good addition too.
  • Didn't we spend a club record £20m on a winger in the summer?
  • I think Ayew is best deployed off a striker.

Somebody with his scoring record is wasted as a winger, and he got most of his goals for Swansea when up front.
  • Ayew. Winger? Striker? No10?

Not sure any of us really know.
  • Not sure the club know either, or Slav, which is probably why he's not worked out yet.

Sums up our business.
  • Agree Ayew looks good in a free role behind the striker last season he played very well when behind Gomis whatever his name was , he's no winger imo
    this has been the problem with Bilic he puts square pegs in round holes too many times for me , some games we have had all our attacking players on by the second half it all looks a bit like and Avram Grant last 20 minutes panic management .
  • In regards to the need to replace the players we signed and are now leaving, we should remember they would bought in to help us cope with the demands of Europe.

As such we don't need to replace them in Jan, if we make Europe next season we can look to get in players in the summer.

Tore, Zaza, Feghouli and Calleri if they do leave then I would say 2 in, a winger and a striker if possible.

But a RB we didn't buy in the summer and let one go as such it's the position we are the most depleted.
This discussion has been closed.