At Home to Crystal Palace Saturday 14th Jan 3pm Kick off - London Stadium - Bring ya gum

Comments

• edited January 2017
    For me Lanzini is now the main man that we look to build our football around.

Play him as CM / AM in the middle of the pitch with Pace on either side.
  • Let’s try the diamond:

Randy
    Nordtveit Reid Ogbonna Cresswell
    Obiang
    Noble Fernandes
    Lanzini
    Carroll Antonio
  • Why couldn't nordtveit refuse to play
    ;whistle
  • Randy
    Byram, Reid, Collins, Cresswell
    Obiang, Noble, Oxford
    Browne, Lanzini
    Carroll

Subs:
    Adrian, Ogbonna, Nordtveit, Fernandes, Quina, Fletcher, Martinez

Get the heart back into the team.
  • Randy
    Nordtveit - Reid - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    -- Noble - Obiang -- Lanzini --
    - Feghouli - Carroll - Antonio

Sub: Adrian, Collins, Oxford, Arbeloa, Fernandes, Martinez, Fletcher

Bit of a weak bench but feel Fernandes isn't physical enough for this game but if Antonio is ill and our he should come in and would like to see Browne to come in

The Payet thing was that gonna help a all but would've liked to have Kouyate and Ayew available to make up for his loss
  • The only physical players in your team are Reid, Ogbonna, Obiang and Carroll so not sure how Fernandes is considered lightweight. ;hmm
  • Luckily for us Feghouli is not considered good enough to make Algeria's ACON squad ;lol
  • ;hmm

Well he's been injured for most of the season so not altogether surprising.
  • Randolph
    Antonio - Collins - Reid - Cresswell
    Feghouli - Noble - Obiang - Lanzini
    Fletcher - Carroll
  • Why couldn't nordtveit refuse to play
    ;whistle

Because you wouldn't notice the difference.
  • edited January 2017

Why couldn't nordtveit refuse to play
    ;whistle

Harsh.....

Especially when you could've also included....

Zaza, Tore, Arbeloa and Feg.
  • not really none of the others play anyway izzy ;wink
  • I can hear big sam's team talk now " attack there right side the RB is rubbish "
  • Randy
    Byram, Reid, Collins, Cresswell
    Obiang, Noble, Oxford
    Browne, Lanzini
    Carroll

Subs:
    Adrian, Ogbonna, Nordtveit, Fernandes, Quina, Fletcher, Martinez

Get the heart back into the team.

Terry Westley said there were about 50 scouts from lower league sides watching Browne at the U23 match on Monday, apparently Northampton Town have made an offer and if its settled today he can play against Bristol City on Saturday. Coventry are also after him.
  • -------------------RANDOLPH----------------------
    --------OXFORD-----REID----OGBONNA--------------
    -ANTONIO--OBIANG---NOBLE----LANZINI---CRESSWELL--
    ----------------CARROLL---FLETCHER----------------

Subs:- Adrian, Collins, Fernandes, Nordvedt, Feghoui, Browne, Martinez

;scarf ;scarf ;scarf ;scarf ;scarf ;scarf
  • If Collins, Oxford & Byram are fit to play, start all 3 IMO
  • Randolph
    Collins - Reid - Ogbonna
    Byram - Noble - Obiang - Cresswell
    Antonio - Carroll - Lanzini

Could be possible
  • edited January 2017
    Looking at that back 3 (Luke's and TWC's) just hits home even more that we should have tried to keep Tomkins. Ogbonna, as I and others have already said, has been woeful lately. ;hmm
  • Oddly I am now more optimistic of a positive result on Saturday after today's payet revelations... ;hmm
  • That is odd. ;biggrin
  • back in the game

Made me ;lol

from here https://www.theguardian.com/football/picture/2016/dec/28/david-squires-on-football-in-2016

(The Hodgson/Iceland one also made me ;biggrin )
  • baracks - it has me too, tbh. I feel like I've been waiting for Payet to be brilliant all season and been regularly let down, whereas now I feel like we'll have 11 players working hard for each other.
  • Funny but I like Ogbonna, thought he was immense last season, and no worse than most this season. And the "penalty" against Man City was probably a worse decision than Feghuolis sending off. On saying that, I also think we were mad to let Tomkins go. I am just hoping that Slav discovers a system (that doesn`t include Payet) pretty darn quick and sticks to it. I think 3 at the back, if you can make it work, is a very versatile system, and after the Nordveit Experiment (sounds like a quatermass story) I`m hoping not to see him in a back 4 again. If Big Andy plays I hope he has someone playing off him as most of his flick ons and lay offs are pretty much wasted otherwise. I like the look of TWC`s team. I do hope we beat Palace and get a bit of our pride back. I am also hoping that Bilic gets a rousing reception and a song or three. Going for a season changing/defining 3--1 victory. ;champagne ;scarf
  • I'm not sure our defence will be able to achieve a -1 ;biggrin

;yercoat
  • edited January 2017
    IH, I've got the door .............. off you go ;biggrin
  • This Payet thing is a bait and switch by SB. Big Sam will be planning for a WHU team without Payet and then boom at the last minute we'll name Payet as playing.
    ;pray
  • ;biggrin
  • The squad will come together

Andy to batter a big Sam side

Here we go!

Come on you IRONS!!!

• SCHLUPP'S PALACE MEDICAL

Sky Sources: Jeffrey Schlupp ishaving medical today in central London ahead of a move to Crystal Palace from Leicester.

We understand every attempt is being made to get him registered in time to play for Palace at West Ham tomorrow – but player and club are “up against the clock.”
This discussion has been closed.