At Home to Crystal Palace Saturday 14th Jan 3pm Kick off - London Stadium - Bring ya gum

Comments

• Nope.

Home win.

I'm telling ya....
  • Ginge is available for the Palace game, according to the OS ;hmm
  • ;ok Posted yesterday on 'injury' thread
    MrsGrey said:

He and Reece Oxford both got some match time ;thumbsup

Dunno about the yellow, though. ;biggrin

Oh, and Ginge is training with the 1st team again. Says the FA Cup game came just a bit to soon for him to be ready to play.

He hasn't has ANY match time, though, since his injury. So won't have much more than... what... 45 mins in him? Bench, imo.
  • Ginge doesn't need match time. He just needs to stick his fluorescent head in the way of things.
  • OutcastLondoner fluorescent head ;lol
  • Sorry Bad feeling about this game point will do me ..

Big sam would have studied all our weaknesses and Nordviet at RB is the biggest weakness we have ..

Surely any manager worthy of managing a Premiership team studies their opponents' weaknesses? Yet we have still won a few games while fielding those weaknesses. Right?
  • But lost a lot more
  • edited January 2017
    Well, Sam may have been studying the weaknesses of his opponents, but he's not actually playing.

Meanwhile the players, with the benefit of all his insights, haven't won a game since he took over.
  • With Bilic having said that Payet doesn't want to play for West Ham and I can see massive boos for him in this game. This is not going to be good for this match and may affect the players. I'm now worried about this game.
  • If he's not playing?
  • Then my comment is moot ;biggrin

But I'm not sure I believe the rumours of him refusing to train and play.

We'll have to see.
  • And in other news, Antonio is ill (didn't train today, has a fever).
  • Adam, from the Graudian:
    Bilic also said Payet is refusing to play for the club against Crystal Palace this weekend.
    ;angry
  • What next ? lets please get some good news on here ;ok

no Payet and maybe no Antonio still think a point will do me.
  • This is a good opportunity for the fans and players that actually want to be here come together. I don't want Payet anywhere near the team now. I mean, what kind of atmosphere would that create.

Antonio will hopefully be ok, but he is a bigger miss than Payet.
  • olds ;ok spot on .
  • This is a chance for the players who do want play to lay down a marker that shows that West Ham is not a one man team and that no one is irreplaceable.
    Needs everyone to put in 110% effort and Slav needs to pick his team very carefully because as Brookings said on another thread the problem with Bilic he puts square pegs in round holes too many times.
    ;scarf
  • It's ok that Antonio might not be available, I read on here that we won't miss him so it's all good.
  • not from me you didn't alderz , I think that was luke ;lol
  • It's funny. At the beginning of the season I thought we had too many wingers/CAMs: Payet, Lanzini, Feghouli, Tore, Antonio, Ayew, even Sakho.

For this game, we're looking at Lanzini and maybe Feghouli (although we're looking to get rid of him as well).

What a fantastic start to the new year!
  • alderz said:

It's ok that Antonio might not be available, I read on here that we won't miss him so it's all good.

;hmm

Not really necessary tbh but fair enough.
  • Maybe I should have added ;run on the end
  • ;wave

The Payet discussion had spread across threads, so I've tried to consolidate all the Payet-specific comments on his own, and retain here only those that are linked with the match line-up.

Let me know if one of your comments has gone astray, and I'll fix it.
  • With that bombshell I guess its going to be

Randolph
    Nordtveit Reid Oggy Cress
    Noble Obiang
    Fernandes Lanzini Antonio
    Carroll

Adrian Byram Oxford Feghouli Quina Fletcher Calleri
  • MrsGrey said:

;wave

The Payet discussion had spread across threads, so I've tried to consolidate all the Payet-specific comments on his own, and retain here only those that are linked with the match line-up.

Let me know if one of your comments has gone astray, and I'll fix it.

I had one disappear, but I had just heard about the Payet thing and assumed I had inadvertently sworn.................. ;biggrin
  • Might be worth putting Martinez on the bench for this one . I am hoping the furore will mean the team pull together and we get a win . I am definitely going to the pub beforehand now ;cider
  • Antonio is ill as well

Big Sam is going to love this

Need to get Lanzini in as the playmaker now he's the future
  • Give Antonio some night nurse he will be fine ;whistle
  • I wonder if we have a recall option on Samuelson ;hmm
This discussion has been closed.