At Home to Crystal Palace Saturday 14th Jan 3pm Kick off - London Stadium - Bring ya gum

Comments

• ;wahoo

Chinese take away for us.... nom nom nom
  • Suze (or anybody there) - what was the atmosphere like?

Reports are that it was a bit more electric.

Kind of shows that when the team does well, the ground will be buzzing and people forget it's no longer the Boleyn.
  • Just seen this on the Sky Sports commentary link of the game:

GOAL! WEST HAM 3-0 C PALACE (Lanzini, 86)

A terrific break from West Ham and they add a third to their tally with four minutes of the half to play.

Reid clears a cross from Remy at the other end and sets off Antonio on the break. He races down the middle of the park, and lays the ball of beautifully to Lanzini who continues the run.

Hennessey is again out far too early and cannot do a lot as Lanzini rounds him before slotting home into an open net, jumping into the crowd as he celebrates.

Is it me or is there something fishy about that last bit? ;hmm
  • Journalism at its best
  • Luke

It felt more 'together' if that makes sense. A more united place.

When there was chanting it was really loud. The acoustics are fab.

Lots more chatting with people you don't know on the way to the station too.
  • I do wonder whether Payetgate is the best thing that could have happened for the club this season ;hmm
  • From the BBC:

"Lanzini is booked for having the nerve to enjoy life by celebrating with some fans."

;lol

• it was encouraging to see Bilic have a plan B yesterday, too often for me that didn't seem to be the case.

But I guess it also makes a difference when you have a round peg for a round hole and can actually bring on a RB.
  • From the BBC:

"Lanzini is booked for having the nerve to enjoy life by celebrating with some fans."

;lol

Lanzini scores , slides on his knees, looks at the fans going ;wahoo and says to himself "I'm having some of that" and jumps in amongst them.

And why not?
  • Can I just sat that I don't care who was at fault.

It was a great day all round.

;wahoo

It really was. I had pizza followed by apple crumble and custard ;wahoo
    and you got on global TV looking a million dollars ;biggrin
  • The only goal that comes close to Carroll's recently is Deano's at Nobes's testimonial
  • People go on about the Rooney overhead as the best ever; it wasn't even the best at Old Trafford:

• MrsGrey said:

Lukerz, if you were a Palace fan watching that game, who would you blame for each of the goals? A serious question.

;hmm

I would've been very surprised if SA had said anything different. We shouldn't be shocked at least he's consistent he said the same many many times with us.

Personally I think it's what you get when you have a more pragmatic, defensive Manager. He knows there will of been somewhere in there that defensively they could've done more, whether it's the keeper (twice) or stopping the play/cross for Carroll, or even someone marking him?

It's ingrained in his DNA

Just my opinion mind

;ok
  • edited January 2017
    For me Carroll's overhead is better, he catches it properly, Rooney caught it at the start of the ankle/shin......not the top of the foot.

Rooney's is however better than Ashton's who had much more time to manouver himself due to Rio doing virtually nothing.

Ashton tweeted yesterday, "Just handing Carroll my crown he makes mine look like a tap in"
  • ;hmm so is carrolls our goal of the season or Payets agains Boro just asking ;biggrin ;biggrin ;biggrin
  • I didn't really rate Payet's goal v Boro.

Thought that was down purely to the pathetic attempt of the Boro back line who all seemed to have their laces tied together?
  • Boro ;biggrin
  • Izzy ;ok

If the situation had been reversed, I'd be complaining about how Antonio was left in acres of space for the Carroll goal, and the marking on AC was weak.
  • I do wonder whether Payetgate is the best thing that could have happened for the club this season ;hmm

We were discussing this on the way home and its hard to argue against it. We the fans needed something to make us feel protective over the club and team rather than being split about the ground, owners and squad.

What Payet did, turn his back on the shirt and the fans, then Bilic's frank and a little upsetting press conference galvernised us against a common enemy and not each other.

• Ashton tweeted "just seen Carrolls goal, make mine look a tap in".

Ashton s gaols at OT was so much bette than Roonies.
  • edited January 2017
    Ironic though that in a week where several STH have basically made it clear this club, the future and the project is not for them, it's taken the same attitude from a key player to unite fans to protect the club.
  • Sorry for coming late to the party!!
    United we stand
    Divided we fall
    A steady 1st half.
    What a 2nd half, brilliant
    Well done the fans
    Well done the players
    Well done the the coaching team
    coyi coyi

• steve said:

;hmm so is carrolls our goal of the season or Payets agains Boro just asking ;biggrin ;biggrin ;biggrin

I think Payet could have scored the goal of the millennium but after his "I will never play for you again" stuff it would never get voted goal of the season.
  • Luke, I have huge trouble understanding those fans who throw in the towel at the first sign of a little difficulty. For me you hold firm because circumstances always change.

and in the end you are rewarded.
  • edited January 2017
    Slavs response to questions at the after match press conference (Contains swearing)

http://tinyurl.com/jfv8pps
  • I had just seen that, brilliant!!

Also, Arbeloa was at the Carpenters Arms having pints with the fans during the game...

The new "Payet song" was sung at various locations.....

Not sure about this one, there was a small (no not a medium Suze) Payet 27 shirt layed just as you came in the ground, people were invited to use it as a "door mat", which many did, but some also spat on it......

That's OUR Shirt for crying out loud, I know they mean Payet but it's still our club shirt!!!
  • Not often I agree with Piers Morgan.....

For technique, skill, execution & power, I'm calling that @AndyTCarroll scissor-kick goal as the best in Premier League history.
This discussion has been closed.