At Home to Crystal Palace Saturday 14th Jan 3pm Kick off - London Stadium - Bring ya gum

Comments

• FEGHOULI YOURE SOFIANE YOURE SOFIANE YOU BLOW MY MIND FEGHOULI
  • Amazing second half! What a win! I'm so happy for all the Hammers players.

At halftime at every game, we used to show the Antonio header from ******* *****'s panenka cross on the big screens.

There was no such occurrence today (wonder why?)

My guess is they'll replace that with Carroll's amazing goal!
  • ;wahoo ;handbag ;wahoo

• Hamstew said:

Screenshot_20170114-174827

Blinking love this bloke

1 fan in that pic seems to love him more! ;wave
  • That wasn't me ;whome
  • In case anyone hasn't seen the goal:

Yes. Yes. Yes.

;bowdown
  • I love Lanzini
  • Yeah, sure, Suz. ;sofa
  • For some reason, in my opinion, the best thing about today's match was KB's tweet afterwards. Great statement.
  • What was her tweet Munich.
  • Michail Antonio was in bed with flu yesterday, got out of bed pulled on his shirt & played magnificently today - that's dedication for you

(as tweeted by Karren Brady)

@thornburyiron

Didn't name him but it sure sent out a message.
  • Adam said:

At halftime at every game, we used to show the Antonio header from ******* *****'s panenka cross on the big screens.

I definitely meant a rabona cross. Not panenka! ;doh
  • Opta fact...

Michail Antonio is the first West Ham player to provide three assists in a Premier League game since Paolo Di Canio vs Coventry in April 2000.
  • 4-4-2

Andy Carroll's overhead kick was the pick of the bunch as West Ham saw off their south London rivals in emphatic style and push further away from the relegation zone. Who needs Dimitri Payet when the likes of Manuel Lanzini, Sofiane Feghouli, Michail Antonio and co. are in such great form?
    The London Stadium was sent rocking following Feghouli's first goal for the club, following good work by Antonio (who also set up the next two goals, too). Carroll and a sublime Lanzini chip rounded things off in style for the Hammers. Are you watching Dimitri?
    Goals: Feghouli (68'), Carroll (79'), Lanzini (86') ;biggrin
  • Yellow doesn't suit Tomkins
  • No it doesn't but he missed that sitter so his heart is still claret and blue ;biggrin
  • Massive result.....

Aside from THE goal what was so great to see was just how much everything matters to Carroll, his desire is amazing.

Winston Reid is the class that keeps the defence bound together and we need be grateful his attitude has always been superb, as his recent form will surely bring interest once again from the likes of Wenger as it did before.

Byram looks a full back even if a little eager and somewhat rash at times, If completely honest a lad with a good future who we are going to ask more than we would like of right now.

Lanzini may enjoy being the brains of the outfit now Payet has gone, but as well as he did today he is not in Payet's league in my view, but he is in our league which will hopefully mean he stays.

Collins always Collins and will never let anybody down.

We will need not get carried away as Palace were very ordinary and had nothing once they went behind and do not look like finding goals, we will need be able to break down teams better than that to see out this season in a way that places us back on the progressive ladder we finished last on.

For today however a brilliant result through a proper team effort which was so much needed after a hard week and that we found that performance gives me even more faith in Slav. He has come through some hard challenges this season, some arguably of his own making and some not, he is rising to them and that shows class. He also has Andy's desire as well clearly as at 3-0 the camera focused in on him in conversation with his number two and his manner and gestures were that of a man trying to work out how to come back from 0-1 with two minutes to go. I am sure he is enjoying it tonight however, and so he should.
  • Extraordinary turn around after an appalling 1st half. Well done Bilic for going 4 at the back and giving Byram the chance. Never thought I'd say this but even Feghouli played well in the 2nd half, trying to do some Payet-esque dribbles and good crosses. Antonio gave his all, yet again, and Obiang was superb in front of the defence, especially his distribution. I second the motion for him as HOTY.
    Onwards and upwards.
  • Great Result, happy for Slav after the week he has had and well done to Antonio and Feghouli, we might just now keep him so he can continue to find his feet and sure that he is decent player.
  • Someone looks happy..

IMG_5327
  • Love him!!!!!!! ;biggrin
  • It's catching...

IMG_5328
  • For the first time the stadium rocked, and why not? Carrolls goal was just brilliant and Lanzinis chip was perfection. The change to a back four gave us the balance we have been screaming out for and Feghouli showed why other teams are interested in him.
    All in all a great day day for us. Upwards and onwards.

COYI
  • What is the running order?
  • Munich

We're 4th on MotD
  • Just out of interest as didn't get to see the game (fantastic result), was Ogbonna off, Bryam on tactical or injury?
  • Tactical as far as I could tell. Palace playing with only Benteke up front so there at the back was overloaded. Byram coming on sent Antonio up front with AC and allowed Feghouli more freedom on the right hand side.
This discussion has been closed.