At Home to Crystal Palace Saturday 14th Jan 3pm Kick off - London Stadium - Bring ya gum

Comments

• He could be right, they're have been plenty of great goals over the years and I for one believe it's actually better than PDC's

;run

There are a lot of folk out there who won't accept any of it though, because of who it was.

Here's the decider for me, when you play a football game on a playstation or Xbox or whatever.......when you look at some of the advertising etc, then wasn't it always the "Overhead kick" that was bigged up? Perhaps I'm just old but back in my day that was always No.1

;ok
  • Just listening to BFS after the game reminds me of what used to bug me about him, he seems to watch a different game to me.

He says they gifted use the goals, really.... not seeing that myself.
  • Slizzy I saw the shirt and do not approve.
  • For you Vorse, now go and wash your mouth out....

IMG_0033
  • Imagine if Pogba scored that Carroll goal yesterday? ;lol
  • Nah! I'd rather imagine it was Carroll.

Oh! It was. ;wahoo
  • Yep, they would be playing that every day from now until eternity.....

It was a thing of beauty for sure.
  • Andy Carroll made the ESPN top 10, lifetime goal achieved. De, de, de... de, de, de.
  • Imagine if Pogba scored that Carroll goal yesterday? ;lol

Sky sports would melt.
  • Just watched the goals again.

They were all rather good, weren't they ;biggrin
  • That goal is without peer this season without a doubt. The ball had almost reached Canning Town by the time the keeper had thrown his hands up.

And the fact that it came from someone who you fear might get injured just by sneezing makes it all the more remarkable.
  • edited January 2017
    I don't like him sliding on his knees either, I always think he'll leave one of them behind.
  • Lanzini's goal was also sheer class, finishing like that at that pace after running the whole pitch ;bowdown

He's got so much talent and now needs to start taking control of our attacking play, he could be a huge player for us over the next few years if he does.
  • Only problem for Lanzini is he isn't 100% effective at left midfield he's much better through the middle but atm especially gonna have to fill the a Payet void

He's good enough to be an asset even if he isn't at his best position
  • Agreed, he must play in the middle ;ok
  • edited January 2017
    Champo

I'd put Antonio on the left when we're playing one up top. Lanzini through the middle and Feghouli on the right. Sorted.
  • I agree although I'd like to see Antonio close to Carroll like he was yesterday

Lots of options for Bilic it's up to him to see how they are gonna fit in (and Ayew to be back in Feb he'll struggle to get back into the team)
  • Not often I agree with Piers Morgan.....

For technique, skill, execution & power, I'm calling that @AndyTCarroll scissor-kick goal as the best in Premier League history.

This gives me a real dilemna. But I'm going to have to doubt the brilliance of the goal now as nothing will ever convince me that Piers Morgan has an ounce of honesty or truth in his body
  • But everyone make mistakes....
  • edited January 2017
    I've always thought PDC's goal was the best ever based on the timing to meet Trev Sinclair's diagonal cross-field pass, the athleticism (remember he was sprinting to get into position) and the sheer audacity of it.
    However, having watched Carroll's goal again (and again and again-can never get too much of a good thing ;biggrin) , I'm putting them both on a par with each other. ;clap
  • I think Di Canio's is better, because I have never seen anyone score a goal in the same manner (same as Giroud's actually). Carroll's was one of the best bicycle kicks I've ever seen, but I have seen a number of them. The uniqueness of Di Canio's sets it apart, for me.

But, I don't think I've ever seen such a sweet connection.
  • PDC for me ;ok
  • Alderz, you're right about PDC and the uniqueness of it.
    Maybe I need to reconsider ;hmm ;biggrin
  • Carroll's is almost too perfect technically. A bit of rawness and ingenuity about PDC's. Giroud's as well ;sofa
  • Girouds not worthy of mention compared to our two lads ;biggrin
  • edited January 2017
    The thing with Giroud's is that he himself admitted it was a fluke, he wasn't trying to pull that off specifically, more a 'flick a foot out and see what happened'.

PDC's was awesome, the angle, the judgement, the uniqueness of the kick.

But Carroll's was very special. The ball from Antonio wasn't even that good, it was behind him and he was unable to head it. It's not like Antonio thought "I'll set this one up for him to scissor kick".

;hmm
  • Garth Crooks:

"the Hammers did actually manage to muster some atmosphere in this makeshift football graveyard"

;lol he really has nothing nice to say about us
  • That is the problem with Garth Crooks (ex Spurs!), one week you can praise him for digging out Mike Dean and then the next ...... ;doh
  • edited January 2017
    Comments about Dimi moved from match thread to Dimi thread ;ok
This discussion has been closed.