Board/Fan Relationship

Comments

• edited March 2018
    In my opinion, a successful business woman wouldn't necessarily be on anybody's payroll.
    Then you're an employee.
    A successful businesswoman or man, by definition will surely be running their own business.
    Something she has never done to my knowledge.
    Spin.

Shes made another enemy by the way - this could get interesting.....
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/16/west-ham-karren-brady-london-mayor-rebuke-crowd-trouble-london-stadiu
  • MrsGrey said:

What do you want them to do to the roof? Do you want a fully enclosed stadium, or a retractable roof, or what?

Leave roof for a while
  • Macca85 said:

If they do that then in my eyes it’s been great business from us.

For the board, great business, but it will still leave us in an unsuitable stadium as I can't see G&S spending the cash to knock it down and build a new one. All it will do is make them more money when they sell us.

Knowing them they'll probably even accept covenants that stop the site being redeveloped in the future if it gets them a che deal ;doh </blo

Even so
    Will it last another 97 years without some sort of repairs,,, who pays them ?
  • It appears we are not the only club in London who doesn't know how to treat their loyal supporters well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5511231/CHARLES-SALE-Veteran-Spurs-fans-fury-ticket-plan.html
  • bbb

As I said, definition of terms.
  • Sorry bbb but can't agree with your definition. You're saying that a CEO of, for example, a FTSE company isn't a successful business person as he/she gets a salary?
  • edited March 2018
    Iron
    In your scenario - its not her company is it ? She may have either been appointed to that role, she may own shares, she may have been promoted. She is still an employee of another entity. Employee and businesswoman/man are a different thing to me. She's following somebody else's instructions , and has a job description.
    You've never risked your own money as an employee, you're not a risk taker.
    She did not start the business and take any risks along the way.

I've had my own businesses (went bust once), and I've been a main board director of a couple of other quite big companies.
    IMO, in the latter scenario I was always an employee, somebody else had done the donkey work and built the company up.

A woman running her own fruit and Veg stall in a market is a businesswoman, Brady is Sully's employee - all she's done is succesfully stay employed by him.

Good discussion though ;ok
  • edited March 2018
    Just an update for anybody who may be interested.
    The WHUISA group have been invited to a one to one meeting with David Sullivan on Tuesday next week, accompanied by somebody from the Football Supporters Federation to act as an independant observer.
    The members have each been given a choice of 8 questions to ask him from a large selection, covering - the stadium/Finance/Leadership/The team/the future. I've put in my 8.
    To those that are interested, I'll post an update when I get any feedback.

To have your say, please join up - only costs a £1 ;ok
  • To clarify.......

After she left school (4 A levels) Brady worked at Saatchi & Saatchi and LBC, the legend is that Sullivan was so impressed when she got him to buy £2m worth of advertising for the Daily Sport on LBC that he offered her a job. She was 19.

The somewhat less complementary story is that she asked her Dad (Terry Brady, no.865 on the Time Rich List, made his money in printing and property) to use his connections with Sullivan to get her a better job

She's been working for Sullivan ever since
  • Despite losing £20m a year or whatever if anyone suggested selling the London Stadium on the cheap the press would crucify them. It cost £762m to build and convert to football use, selling it for anything less would be political suicide.

The total Mayor's budget is about £16bn so £20m isn't that much overall
  • edited March 2018
    As Mrs g has already pointed out, they do find a way of taking it on, they will need to take on the debt too - which presumably they will shove into the club.

And if their transfer methods of signing the likes of Evra are anything to go by, I can’t really see them stumping up the cash to then make further modifications to make it it more into a football venue.

They will just stay as they are IMo
  • Macca85 said:

Apologies Mrs Grey i have retractable seating on the brain what i mean was we can do our own seating properly.
    With regards to my owners comment i meant d and s
    They will be quiet happy to see there landlords drown in debt as thats when the landlords will be desperate to sell at a low price.
    Thats when west ham will take advantage.

To repeat, the Mayor of London's budget is around £16bn, losing £20m a year isn't going to make them desperate to offload a £762m stadium for anything less than they paid for it.
  • So a £2b loss over the contract is going to be acceptable? ;hmm
  • Macca85 said:

Apologies Mrs Grey i have retractable seating on the brain what i mean was we can do our own seating properly.
    With regards to my owners comment i meant d and s
    They will be quiet happy to see there landlords drown in debt as thats when the landlords will be desperate to sell at a low price.
    Thats when west ham will take advantage.

To repeat, the Mayor of London's budget is around £16bn, losing £20m a year isn't going to make them desperate to offload a £762m stadium for anything less than they paid for it.
    Depreciation value will do it
  • Between now and the end of West Ham's lease there will be 23 elections for the Mayor of London, in theory we could have 23 different Mayors and none of them are going to risk giving their opponents a ready made advantage by being "the Mayor who sold the Olympic legacy".
  • As ;ok
    I remember a discussion on the radio few years ago “ what to do with millennium dom”
    Someone phoned up and said
    “ turn it upside down, and we can throw all our money in it, when we drive past”
    I don’t care what you say AS
    When the repairs bills start coming in , it will like an old council house, can’t justify tax payers money being waisted on it.
  • One of those Mayors may want to be "the Mayor who saved taxpayers money."
  • As ;ok
    I remember a discussion on the radio few years ago “ what to do with millennium dom”
    Someone phoned up and said
    “ turn it upside down, and we can throw all our money in it, when we drive past”
    I don’t care what you say AS
    When the repairs bills start coming in , it will like an old canci
  • IronHerb said:

One of those Mayors may want to be "the Mayor who saved taxpayers money."

Somehow I don't see The Sun, Daily Mail or any of the others covering it that way and as I said when the Mayor has a budget of around £16bn a £20m loss isn't much to pay to avoid any possible controversy
  • And there in lies the problem. £20m here, £20m there.
  • Viable or not there's no way they're going to be able to sell a stadium that swallowed £762m of taxpayers' money without facing a lot of political opposition

On top of that there's UK Athletics 50 year deal, even if the LLDC sold the stadium any buyer would have to honour that or persuade them to quit
  • The stadium will need major work
    When facts get out!

Ok
    How many times have you herd
    “ it’s not built for football stadium “

I thought it would be better then it was.
  • Macca - they won't be losing £2bn, they'll be losing £80m every four years then facing re-election when it possibly becomes someone else's problem
  • edited March 2018
    Mrs Grey,
    In one of your recent posts you stated that
    the London Stadium is owned by the
    LLDC and Newham.
    Newham withdrew their £45m before Xmas.
    They are still part of the SAG and are responsible as the local council for licensing of the stadium and events put on there.
  • Oh. ;hmm

So it's not a joint venture any more, but wholly-owned by whatever the LLDC is called now?
  • I thought Newham effectively wrote off their 45m?

E20 owns it, no? LS185 runs it
  • Saw in the paper how the spuds have increased capacity by 900 or so in there stadium by taking out the trophy cabinet and garage for open top bus to make room