Board/Fan Relationship

Comments

• To clarify, Clueless Hugh didn't write that, he's just chosen to publish it on his site.
  • IronHerb said:

Don't worry about the Glaziers. Although the fans didn't like their take over and they borrowed against the club Man U are going from strength to strength financially. Shows what can be done.

My point it the glaziers put nothing in and take a lot out yet fans complain when our board take interest on loans . Man U will always makes loads of money I don't think the glaziers have done anything special. man u have not been great compared to their spend I would be expecting a title challenge not that I give a monkeys about Man U . I don't for the record think our board have done a great job talk forcing them out of the club like Birmingham is poor imo. Look where Birmingham are now that could easily be us if they are forced out sold to the first bidder to come along. Ideally I would like someone like the American to buy them out maybe buy the stadium and invest in the team but I don't really see that happening

• edited March 2018
    Could be worse.... Lille fans attack own players !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43364162
  • Man utd and Liverpool are really venture capitalist deals. Put X amount in with the hope of taking XXX out.
  • Could be worse.... Lille fans attack own players !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43364162

Could be even worse.... PAOK owner invades the pitch with his bodyguards and A GUN.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/pistol-packing-paok-owner-invades-pitch-after-late-winner-chalked-off-20180312-p4z3y1.html
  • Alderz ;lol That`s my brother in laws Greek team. He has been to a few games, there is a whole "next level" of passion. The atmosphere looks something else. I think, like me, he may in future stick to watching my daughter on a Sunday afternoon. A far gentler affair. West Ham and PAOK, some people have all the luck. ;lol
  • But the guy not only invaded the pitch, he took his bodyguards along with him. ;lol
  • Greek football is insane.

I would never go to a game.

On Sunday, 30 masked men went into a cafe-bar in Piraeus where patrons were watching that match on TV, attacked the customers and smashed up the place. They fled on motorbikes before the police arrived.

A short time ago, the govt announced immediate and indefinite suspension of the league here.

Of course, the Cup final (between those two very teams, AEK and Paok) may still go ahead ;doh ;lol
  • IronHerb said:

But the guy not only invaded the pitch, he took his bodyguards along with him. ;lol

Twice, apparently.
  • Would have been interesting to see Nobes reaction to him. ;whistle
  • Apparently the board have offered to pay for a police presence inside the stadium for the remaining home games

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/12/west-ham-pay-police-london-stadium-lldc
  • May not be sufficient. The SGSA have called for a ground capacity reduction in particular closing off sections around the directors box.
    Also if we can't guarantee that there won't be a repeat the FA has said the ground will have to be closed for the remaining home games.
    We are going to have a tough job getting through this but at least we have three weeks.
    One good thing is that no action will be taken over Nobes.
  • If they reduce capacity, what will happen to people who have season tickets there, I wonder?
  • Tbh, at the moment I would reckon that playing behind closed doors or away from home might actually help the players and keep us up!
  • The chances of our being able to increase capacity to 60k and then 66k as envisaged are pretty well scuttled for quite some time I would imagine.
  • There are still idiots on social media and even the BBC site saying all those protestors should have invaded the pitch and it would have made the board sit up and take notice. Sure fire way to get the ground closed.
    If they had IQs above those of a tree stump they would realise that by their actions the chances of someone willing to buy the club are pretty well zero. Why they would believe a buyer would take us over and then pump money into the team and build a new stadium is beyond belief.
  • Personally I am very disappointed about what happened at the match on Saturday, but not surprised. Like many I am totally against anyone running onto the pitch. It achieves nothing and doesn't help the team.

Now in regards to the protests, I am all for them, AS LONG AS THEY DO NOT ENDANGER ANYONE'S HEALTH. The throwing of the coins and any throat cutting signs are just sick and totally out of order.

One of the things the owners did not take into consideration were the platforms in front of their box. No other ground has this in the premier league and I don't believe any other ground has this in the football league. There's a reason for this.

Now I think the big question for me is how do we move on from here. The fans can't force the owners out and the owners can't let this continue. So therefore in the same way Sully promised us a ten point plan, I am going to set out my, back of a fag packet, ten point plan on how to bring the club back together again. (If they are allowed to do this without consent of the LLDC)

1) Remove Karen Brady from her position
    2) The owners should appoint a CEO of West Ham who runs the club and controls the day to day operations
    3) Jack Sullivan should be replaced as MD of the Ladies team and someone with experience should be put in place. Preferably a female.
    4) All loans should be on an interest free basis
    5) The owners should have zero communications with the fans
    6) The club should state that they will no longer be negotiating with fans
    7) The club should appoint a young manager whom also controls recruiting/scouting
    8) Any press releases should not be done in front of expensive cars/houses/helicopters
    9) The crest should be returned to its last origin
    10) The CEO should present a new, realistic, ten point plan

Anyway this was my 5 minute consideration. Does anyone else have a different 10/5 point plan that could help with unity? Personally I am not fussed about the crest, but I believe many are.

Don't shoot me please. Its only a debate.
  • I do like some of your points, namely points 2 3 4 5 6 8 10.

The problem is, the owners won't go for it.

• Sweepy23 ;clap

A lot of good stuff in that post!
  • I do like some of your points, namely points 2 3 4 5 6 8 10.

The problem is, the owners won't go for it.

Indeed....All 3 of them are control freaks ;nonono
  • All 3 of them are control freaks
    I take it that is based on your close personal or business relationship with each of them, as opposed to just a random slur based on well-I-reckon, stands-to-reason amateur psychoanalysis.

• Indeed....All 3 of them are control freaks ;nonono

We have 3 owners? ;hmm
  • MrsGrey said:

If they reduce capacity, what will happen to people who have season tickets there, I wonder?

There will be unrest ;whistle
  • MrsGrey said:

We have 3 owners? ;hmm

Not that I'm aware of Mrs Grey. Just 2 owners and Ms Brady running the ship.
  • Karren Brady has worked for Sullivan since she was 19, while he's there she's not going anywhere. I'm pretty sure I read him saying that he has no intention of selling up and that his kids would inherit his shares.

I don't subscribe to the Times so I wasn't able to read the article but we will have to continue at the London Stadium because we signed a 99 year lease, unless there's a release clause then we're stuck there regardless of who owns the club in the future
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43380242
    Beeb reporting WHUISA are going to ballot their members on holding a march.

• The cancellation of a march on Saturday was claimed as one of the triggers for crowd trouble against Burnley.

I keep reading this as cancellation of a match. If only.
  • I don't see the point of a march, if the intention is to make the board aware of the discontent some fans are feeling then I think they got the message on Saturday
  • Aslef, the board will say there was a small minority of protesters - no more than 1% - and therefore unrepresentative. In my opinion, if there were to be a march it would have to be at least 10 times as many people for the board to take it seriously.