Board/Fan Relationship

Comments

• MrsGrey said:

It's only an 'own goal' if one thinks it counts against the club in some way.

I don't.

Story: A Premier League team has gone away for warm weather training. Reaction ;tumbleweed

Others will
  • There are some training pics on the OS now, uploaded today.
    The beach pictures were on Twitter last night though.

It just a timing issue I know.
  • Both the old North Bank and South Bank used to have a song about not really caring what others thought.
  • Our Media set up is rubbish. End of.
  • Although there appear to be gremlins in other clubs...
    Tottenham have apologised for a "wholly unacceptable" survey question that asked fans in the United States whether "a woman's place is in the home?".

The survey, which was sent as an email, was headed "Calling all US Spurs fans: tell us what you think".

The responses available to the question ranged from "definitely agree" to "definitely disagree".
    Oops. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43397583
  • There are gremlins and then there is our media team.
  • True, Herb, but can you imagine the pelters if that had been our lot?
  • I haven’t got a problem with this especially if they come back and win
  • IronHerb said:

Our Media set up is rubbish. End of.

Look, I agree that the media team isn't top drawer. But in this instance I can't accuse them of being rubbish. How could the media team stop people on a public beach taking pictures and uploading them to the internet?

• Others will

Hence the 'if.'

• How about considering the fact that people have camera phones and twitter accounts. How about getting new etc. onto the OS sooner rather than later, which is their MO.
  • edited March 2018
    But if they want to put up photos from training, they can only do that when there has been a training session...

If you are suggesting that the players shouldn't have had any free time until a training session had been done and there were pictures to go up before any 'leisure' shots made it into cyberspace, fair enough. (I don't agree, but that's irrelevant.) However, how is this the media team's fault or responsibility?

Finally, it is my opinion that anyone who wants to be outraged, or annoyed, or otherwise disgruntled by these images... would have found a way to be upset even IF training images came out first. They'd have been miffed at images from the airport, the plane, the hotel or anything else that made it into the public domain.
  • I have noises with the warm weather break and downtime relaxation.
  • http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43397583

Spurs make the odd mess up aswell

;lol

Methinks someone at the 3rd party company that drew up the survey was being a little bit naughty.

They've probably been sacked by now.
  • IH are you suggesting they train 24/7 or just that after training they're locked away in cells with nothing to do.
  • At the end of the day, they will be judged on how they perform upon their return, i actuallly think that given the circumstances, the timing of this trip could not have been better.

I think that it would have been truly awful if they had to follow up what happened on Saturday with a cold Tuesday night game away to Grimsby.
  • edited March 2018
    And yes I do recall such a game, it was Grimsby away in the cup, it was a Tuesday evening, it was Valentine’s Day so I was in trouble before we even set off, it rained all the way there and all the way back, we lost 4-0 and when we got back to our car the side window was smashed and the radio nicked.

The only good news was that it wasn’t my car

Happy days
  • I am very thankful for this international break, i truly think that the Miami trip is just what the doctor would have ordered.
  • IH are you suggesting they train 24/7 or just that after training they're locked away in cells with nothing to do.

Should have read no issues.
  • I haven't seen the team in South Beach. Maybe they have a strict curfew ;whistle
  • This isn't the 80s USSR and this isn't Pravda.

Good stuff will get posted, bad stuff will get posted and stuff we couldn't give a stuff about will get posted.

Adjust your bovered meter as to whether you are bovered or not.

Because warm weather training should really be on the not bovered end of that dial.
  • Apparently, they went to Miami because Andy Carrol had complained that he'd already been to Dubai twice so far this year ;wink
  • DoF... I'm confused by the 'he'll be a yes-man' comments, the assumption being that someone in agreement with the Board will be bad for West Ham. Following this train of thought, a goodDoF will be someone who disagrees with the Board and/or is a dictator who does as he pleases with no reference to anyone else. Surely we don't want that. I'm pretty sure that the DoF will agree to a job description, and carry it out. This will include such terms as "consult" and "suggest" and will hopefully have long-term aims rather than short-term targets. It won't be a quick fix, and has nothing to do with the club's present crisis (avoiding relegation), but I think it's a step in the right direction. This isn't a dig at any individuals, just my take on the situation ;wave
  • edited March 2018
    I think there’s an in-between Kuching; someone with a vision and long-term plan tries to keep things moving in the same direction. Challenging the board doesn’t mean being their own dictator. They can also focus only on football priorities rather than other things associated with running a club.
  • In my opinion, the new incumbent will be a 'Director of nothing much' if he isnt handed a significant investment budget. One that isn't funded or reliant upon player sales in any one window.
    Otherwise we may be getting the same problems at transfer time,only with an extra person on the wage bill.
    Anything that ends our reliance on so called 'friendly' agents to get deals done would be a step forward for me.
  • I have absolutely no problem with their being on the beach enjoying themselves with some team bonding just so long as they're putting in the hard graft in the training sessions.
    They weren't responsible for what happened Saturday and had it not occurred who knows if we may have got back into the game and won it.

So they didn’t miss those chances and then go 0-1 down then?

Out of all the games we’ve gone behind in, we’ve won 1, drawn a few and lost loads, personally 4 fans on a pitch or not I don’t think we’d of come back

They’re responsible all right
  • Apparently, they went to Miami because Andy Carrol had complained that he'd already been to Dubai twice so far this year ;wink

He got to choose because it was his turn to hold the “whip” as well
  • edited March 2018
    Well, they weren't going to let Hart hold it were they?
  • I was just wondering,

Has a player ever missed a game because of sun burn....

Because you know it’s us...