Board/Fan Relationship

Comments

• I was half expecting Suze to sort them out with a stiletto, I think the board should get suze in to sort them, she scares me :)
  • Please for one minute believe me the events today have appalled me but not shocked me with society as it his but I do believe our board will never turn this hatred of some now so maybe it’s time to sell up not because of today but for the future of the club gold loves
  • All these fans who want the owners gone - who have they got lined up to replace them? I'm finding it extremely bizarre that this minority of fans are trying to drive the owners out when nobody else is even trying to buy the club.

Is it regime change at all costs? Our owners might be far from perfect, but if the disgruntled fans think they couldn't sell to worse, think again. There are plenty of owners across the leagues who spend no money and who have dragged clubs all the way down the leagues.

And interestingly these 'fans' behaving as they did today are so ignorant that they can't recognise how that kind of behaviour is going to make West Ham look in terms of attracting a different owner.

Why would any 'decent' wealthy owner want to take control of West Ham when sections of its fans act like animals, treat their fellow fans with contempt, attack their own players and hound out the current board when things aren't done exactly as they want them to be done? What a proposition that is for somebody looking to spend their millions.

Clueless, reckless and, while berating the board for perceived selfishness, completely oblivious to the implications of their own behaviour in terms of making progress, either with this set of owners or with presenting West Ham as a worthwhile investment for anybody else.
  • Perhaps they can just “change” for the better and that would be enough?

But do those other owners promise this and that and to such a degree?

They take out 12m in interest and loans and the yank puts in 9.5m interest free, perhaps he is the one
  • In my view today was unfortunately always gonna happen at some point with these owners. The same happened at Birmingham.

I don't agree with the pitch invasions but chanting about being unhappy with the board and the way they've run the club is fine by me.
  • The glazers took out 31 mil in one year and mortgaged Man U for £570 million

And invested in the Team to an extent that they can challenge for top honours nearly every year. They are not asset stripping Man Utd, they are adding value to their 'brand'.
    Probably because they don't need to make any money out of the club personally - they already were successfull in their franchises in the USA
  • edited March 2018

The glazers took out 31 mil in one year and mortgaged Man U for £570 million

And sold their stadium to mkve us into an unfit for purpose athletics stadium on the promise of taking them to the next level?
    Have you seen the goings on in the last set of accounts and the recent transfer window.
  • To those who want the owners out - who is going to buy the club? Overall they have done a good job but let themselves down by being too vocal at times. personally i would rather loose the small minority of fans who have tarnished the club and think that loutish behaviour will bring new owners in. I will never give up supporting this club who I have followed for over 60 years. I hope that anyone who invaded the pitch , was involved in fighting or abuse gets banned for life. How did any of that help our players on the pitch, help to sell our club to any prospective buyers (if there are any out there) or help to attract families or children who are the future of our club. The owners have their faults but I hope that they see this difficult time through.The team, manager and staff need all the support we can give right now and I am sure that is what the very real WHU fans will do.
  • What happened to day has sadly happened all too often with many protests.

A small percentage behaves idiotically and that takes all the headlines and ensures the conversation is about their antics rather than the original grievance. It used to happen on almost every march for almost any cause in the 70's and 80's in that a march would happen, a sincere demonstration of opinion, and usually towards the end a very small element would start smashing things and fighting the police ensuring all the headlines were about a violent demonstration.

• I struggle to understand how the board can be blamed for our players not taking their chances in the first half. If we had gone in at half time 2 up it would have been a different 2nd half. But the muppets had to have their 5 minutes of fame, ignorant stupid low life fools. Do you honestly think you helped? History will forget you, and you will have to find something else to do on a Saturday. The Daggies could do with your cash, but I wouldn’t wish your support on them. Naff off, don’t come back. ;ok

Oops, did I say that out loud.
  • I was saying at the match today, I’m sure there are billionaires all over the world watching the match thinking “wow what amazing fans, running on the pitch and abusing the owners, we must buy this club straight away”
    ;doh
    I’m so angry about it, I didn’t agree with the march but respected it as at least it was peaceful and organised, today was a total embarrassment in my opinion, the people who ran on probably will get high fives and bought a pint from their mates but I hoped they get banned for life and realise they don’t represent me or many others! ;angry
  • It's a pity they can't or won't be prosecuted. Maybe a criminal record may bring them to their senses, those that haven't already got one that is.
  • Well, where to start.
    Four people ran onto the pitch over three occasions. One of them got a good hiding on his return to the stand. Not neanderthals, not thugs, just plain stupid.
    Around 2-300 gathered under the director box and vented their dissatisfaction. Not pleasant but a protest.
    West Ham will get hammered for this in the media but, imo, no points deduction.
    Noble will get a ban, and rightly so imo. If only he had shown that passion during the game.
    To say it is nothing to do with the board is wrong. They thought they had bough the fans off with their meeting with the RWHFAG but misjudged the mood and so todays nonsense happened.
    Not a good day for us but the club will move on. If it has got GSB a little nearer the door then good.

And yes we had flags flying pre game and at half time. ;wahoo

But they spend money on transfers and compete at a way higher level than us
  • Ironherb, why do you think Noble deserves a ban? I think that idiot getting thrown to the floor got the biggest cheer today.
  • Clacton, I agree and know that if it had happened in front of West Ham legend, Bobby Moore, he would have done the same as Nobes and more.
  • Because it was violent conduct and I believe by rights he should have got a red.
  • It’s violent conduct against someone who is on the pitch illegally though. Why politely ask someone to leave when they’re big enough to know it’s against the rules and if it’s affecting the team in a very important game.
  • IronHerb said:

Because it was violent conduct and I believe by rights he should have got a red.

Do you not think the players should be protected mate from these scum for want of a better word, there’s ways and means to go about things I detest the board but detest these Neanderthals more, I lost my mum last week an 89 year old season ticket holder at Notts county I don’t want sympathy but I watched my mums club go into administration the debacle they had with Munto finance and Sven I watched my mum put money into a pot to buy Glenn roeder and lose it and become a shareholder because of it, I mention this because a month before she died she told two of my brothers who by the way are forest fans that West Ham were her second favourite club and I’m embarrassed, ashamed and relieved she didn’t see that debacle today I swear. As I said don’t want sympathy at all football was her life even having her ashes scattered at meadow lane and funeral Monday just glad she isn’t around to witness today because we’d be debating that all night
  • In 1989 Cloughie punched Forest fans who'd run on the pitch, afterwards the fans apologised to Cloughie in person on live TV then had to give him a great big kiss

I'm sure Marky Mark would settle for just an apology
  • The player never attacked Noble.

I think the law states that it's a red for violent conduct and it doesn't matter who it's against.
  • In 1989 Cloughie punched Forest fans who'd run on the pitch, afterwards the fans apologised to Cloughie in person on live TV then had to give him a great big kiss

I'm sure Marky Mark would settle for just an apology

On my grandsons life the guy was my best mate at school still in contact today and he’s a Celtic fan 54 years old and never goes to a forest match since
  • If this continues, I believe the owners will genuinely assets strip the club (pocket the Lanzini sale and more). Then sell up to the worst investor possible.
  • Asset strip what exactly?

The ground?

The squad? Who would want to pay serious money for any of them?

• But they spend money on transfers and compete at a way higher level than us

They bought the club by borrowing against the club some Man U formed their own club in protest and Man U have always spent more than us u can't really compare . The glazers take millions a season out of the club which they bought but they don't really own .
  • Don't worry about the Glaziers. Although the fans didn't like their take over and they borrowed against the club Man U are going from strength to strength financially. Shows what can be done.
  • The Claret and Hugh propaganda machine rolls into swing...

http://www.claretandhugh.info/an-open-letter-to-gold-and-sullivan/
  • That was a funny read, my best bits was 'you are the professionals here'

If that's true bring back Bodie and Doyle

He also wants them to file a lawsuit against an guy with a banner ;doh