Liverpool, at home, on Wednesday 26th April 19.45 BST

edited April 2023 in Match Threads
Not getting any stick from Expat and Steve for my tardiness today. Hoping a good result at Anfield midweek will get me to my 7th thread next weekend ( you're welcome ) =) COYI

Comments

• We are at home brother.
  • Oops very sorry , I was writing it as the 5th goal was being VAR'd.
    Will I get the sack for that? Who would risk it ?
    Please could someone with the ability please correct it for me please
  • You’re right Brother Liverpool are away =)
  • We are at home brother.

Has anyone ever seen thorn and Hulk Hogan in the same room?
  • Comfortable home win!
  • Will hope that bad, sloppy Liverpool turn up and we continue our upturn in form and goals. If that happens we are putting our feet up and watching the other teams be worried about relegation. It'd be lovely (obv) if we are just coming into goalscoring form for the semi final. A final (and a win) for the younger members to watch and celebrate would be special. Now I feel like I've covered hopes for the reast of the season!
  • Not out of the question Baz, Liverpool will not be so gifting as Bournemouth but we have the wind in our sails now and Liverpool are very in and out this season. Points are definitely achievable.
  • This could go any way: Liverpool really want the win, suspect Hammers would be happy with a draw. My feeling is that their players don't pull together yet, whereas the West Ham lads are back to being a family again. That could make all the difference. COYI!
  • Not out of the question Baz, Liverpool will not be so gifting as Bournemouth but we have the wind in our sails now and Liverpool are very in and out this season. Points are definitely achievable.

You did see Forest give Liverpools defence the run around on Saturday didn't you?
  • Go into this with renewed optimism....damn you West Ham

A terrible Leeds performance aside,their away form hasn't been particularly good and Forrest gave them a tough game at Anfield

Would love a point here still, but 3 isn't out the question

They do still have the personnel to turn it on and thump teams as we've seen a few times this season

1-1
  • alderz said:

We are at home brother.

Has anyone ever seen thorn and Hulk Hogan in the same room?
    This def deserved more love.. brother

• edited April 2023
    Fabianski
    Coufal - Zouma - Aguerd - Cresswell
    Soucek - Rice
    Bowen - Paqueta - Fornals
    Antonio

Areola, Ogbonna, Kehrer, Emerson, Downes, Lanzini, Benrahma, Cornet, Ings
  • edited April 2023
    Fabianski
    Coufal - Kehrer - Aguerd - Emerson
    Soucek - Rice - Paqueta
    Bowen - Antonio - Fornals

This is a free swing, and although I'd love to see us get at least a point, I'm getting increasing worried about Zouma's ability to stay fit, so he gets rested for this one. I can see the argument for Cresswell, as we're likely to be under a lot of pressure for this one, but it's Emerson for me, but I agree Fornals should be given a PL start finally.

Semantics on the 4-3-3 v 4-2-3-1; we'll likely be pushed back most of the game so it will be more of a 4-5-1 anyway.
  • Would rather Obgonna than Kehrer at the back
  • edited April 2023
    14 points taken from our last 7 PL games, btw.

Should attack this & be confident. Sit in shape & press hard when in shape, attack on the counter with intensity.

Liverpool are 9 points off the top 4. Makes you wonder whether they believe they can get that back.
  • Lukerz said:

Liverpool are 9 points off the top 4. Makes you wonder whether they believe they can get that back.

In their heart of hearts, I think they must know it's unlikely, although they've got a relatively easy run in it has to be said.

• Liverpools defensive capacity of late is there for all to see. However, its their cqpacity to score bags full thats the worry for me

• Semantics on the 4-3-3 v 4-2-3-1; we'll likely be pushed back most of the game so it will be more of a 4-5-1 anyway.

Think we should start 4-3-3, and let us do the pressing from the off, and get them on the back foot.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Liverpools defensive capacity of late is there for all to see. However, its their cqpacity to score bags full thats the worry for me

Only six teams have conceded more goals (10) in the last six games than Liverpool - Fulham, Bournemouth, Forest, Spurs, Saints and Leeds

But

Only four teams have scored more goals (12) - City, Arsenal, Newcastle and Villa
  • edited April 2023
    We are at our best when we sit in our shape but we press aggressively when teams come into our half. Our worst performances are when we sit off & just stay in our shape, passively. We are much better when we defend aggressively (still sitting deep) & then we are direct with our attacking play & try & go through the lines of the pitch quickly. We did that against Arsenal & Bournemouth & showed signs of it v Fulham where our turnaround started. Hopefully we can do that tomorrow.
  • Newcastle are getting at the opposition as soon as they get the ball and giving them no chance to settle and pick a pass. We’re probably not expected to get anything from this game so don’t show Liverpool the respect we normally do as we’ve proved before it doesn’t work. Just get in their faces from the off. If we lose so be it but allowing them to play their game will do us no favours. Just my opinion.
  • Matchday

COYI ⚒
  • Firmino and Kieta still injured

Klopp said about Konate "we need to see how it is with him but at the moment I'm rather positive"

Joe Gomez and Joel Matip were on the bench at the weekend
  • Let's hope Konate makes it. 😉
  • Respect the point

• Unchanged:

Fabiański, Coufal, Zouma, Aguerd, Cresswell, Souček, Rice ©, Paquetá, Benrahma, Antonio
    Subs: Areola (GK), Cornet, Downes, Fornals, Ings, Kehrer, Lanzini, Ogbonna, Emerson
  • Unchanged, and hard to argue against that.

Cresswell may well be targeted by Salah, so Benrahma may have to do his fair share of covering again.

Weirdly looking forward to this one 🤔
  • Matip in for Konate otherwise same as against Forest
  • Antonio has played a lot ,hope he stays fit
  • Only one goalie on the bench? Risky.