Liverpool, at home, on Wednesday 26th April 19.45 BST

Comments

• Oh dear
  • Poor, he'd shouldn't be scoring there.
  • edited April 2023
    Yep, well struck but poor closing down on our part, so far looks like it will be a good game to watch, I am less concerned about the result.

I just want to see our recent improved performances continue
  • Twice now Liverpool players have won the ball by going through the back of West Ham players. Thought that wasn't allowed.
  • City score.
  • This has been a really good half hour of football. A really fun watch so far.
  • We got away with one there, bit of a keystone cop moment in our defence
  • Scare there, Jota hits it over from close range.
  • I know I might be jinxing him here, Emerson may consider himself unlucky to lose his spot, but to be fair, Cressers has not put a foot wrong these past few games
  • Settled into a bit of a pattern now. Liverpool have the ball, we low-block and look to break.

Just not getting too many opportunities to do so.
  • Game started briskly, probably not a surprise but I feel that some of the energy has fallen away
  • Swap Benrahma with Fornals at half time.
  • Swap Benrahma with Fornals at half time.

….know we now why Fornals was so upset at the weekend'
  • edited April 2023

Swap Benrahma with Fornals at half time.

Or Cornet. I know he has fluffed his lines in front of goal so far, but at least he's got in goal scoring positions in pretty much all his recent cameos. His pace against a high back line could again see him have a chance or two. Although he may be used to replace Antonio later on I guess.
  • edited April 2023
    Makes me laugh when players do the “what me ref” soucek clearly handled the ball there
  • Living dangerously here and we just can't get hold of the ball. Need half time.
  • We just can't get the ball atm.
  • And now Antonio misses an easy through ball to put Benny in.

Decision making poor again
  • And now Antonio misses an absolute sitter. Got to take these chances.
  • How have we not scored there? Hahaha
  • And now Antonio misses an absolute sitter. Got to take these chances.

Actually, great defending.
  • Poor by Antonio, he shoulda slipped Benrahma in much earlier.
  • How did Antonio not score?
  • What a goal that would have been OMG - good defending at the end to deny Antonio but my word that would have been a real team goal
  • How did Antonio not score?

VVD got there first
  • Good game, this. Either side could be ahead at half time. Can't see it ending 1-1.
  • That was the most entertaining half of football I think we’ve had this season
  • Happy to go in level at HT despite taking the lead. Agree with OCS, can't see a goalless second half.
  • Really good half, lots of endeavor and I am enjoying it, Benny guilty numerous times of poor decisions when better options appear on, this is game for Fornals so hopefully we will see a change.

No complaints, we rode our luck a couple of times but we also created a couple of decent chances ourselves, I think our tight schedule is telling on us and we will have to make a number of changes.