Liverpool, at home, on Wednesday 26th April 19.45 BST

Comments

• Never a penalty. He only used one hand.
  • Intent or closeness to the previous strike of the ball are not reasons for not awarding a penalty. It hit his arm, and his arm was away from his body, it's 100% clear and 100% a penalty. Both ref and VAR completely bottled it. Typical Sky 6 bias.
  • Despite the result, the last couple of weeks have been the most fun I’ve had watching us in a long time. Really entertaining, looking dangerous, defending well. I’m really excited about what this team can do next season - and the more it goes in the more I’m in favour of just keeping Rice for another two years and letting him go on a free.
  • We played reasonably well, again a little passive at times but generally we were quite good & certainly much better than a month or two ago. Could’ve easily got a point on another day. I don’t think it was a penalty. For me wasn’t a clear error from the ref & not sure where he was meant to put his hand.
  • edited April 2023

Not a pen for me either.

Entertaining game and I think we could've easily came away with a point which is a shame but a closely thought contest nonetheless

No different from the one given against Antonio

liVARpool again

Grrrrrrrrrrr
  • A good watch, not bothered by the result, we're not going higher than 11th. Just need 1 more win.
  • Lukerz said:

.....not sure where he was meant to put his hand.

Against his body, those are the rules.

• Intent or closeness to the previous strike of the ball are not reasons for not awarding a penalty. It hit his arm, and his arm was away from his body, it's 100% clear and 100% a penalty. Both ref and VAR completely bottled it. Typical Sky 6 bias.

Puts Liverpool back in the top six. Simple as that for me. I am absolutely convinced if that was Soucek’s arm in our box a penalty is given.

Good performance from us, particularly considering the run of games we've had. Still not out of the woods though, so a bit of pressure on the Palace game.
  • Forest winning puts it into the mix i reckon 36 might not be enough
  • edited April 2023
    Games are running out, though. Down to 5 for some.
  • Anyone else a bit dubious about how and where they draw these lines?

Im still waiting to see it again! Normally they show it for about 5mins! 😂
  • Thiago handled the ball 3 times I reckon. Ref got it wrong. VAR didn't do their job.
    Same old same old. Getting bored of it.
  • Ref gave us nothing all game, definitely a penalty for me. Their first just inside the post, Bowen just offside - small margins! Rice was excellent but he misjudged the flight of the corner for their second goal. Where's the Palace thread ?
  • I guess that cancels out the Soucek handball from earlier on the season.
  • Clearly a handball that also gained possession
  • What a goal by Paqueta and what a pity Bowen didn’t cut his toenails!
  • edited April 2023
    MIAHammer said:

I guess that cancels out the Soucek handball from earlier on the season.

No, that one cancelled out our wrongly disallowed goal against Chelsea earlier in the season against the same opponents.
  • Palace is a huge game now. Win & we’re safe, IMO.
  • We’ve 6 games left but 4 of those are away and of the 2 at home one is against Man U who we rarely beat so Palace has become really important again with City and Utd to follow straight after and then the ECL.
    I don’t want to be going to Brentford and Leicester needing at least 4 points.
  • The thing with the penalty is there appears to be no consistency, we’ve seen those given and also turned down. Can we please have some clarity F A ? Personally I don’t think that type of “handball” should be given
    Regarding the game, no complaints from me. We had our chances but in truth Liverpool were in control for most of it,but it was a decent enough display from us.
  • The drop in our game when Ings replaces Antonio is a bit worrying. Ings is very good in the box but we've reverted to a tactic that doesn't often get the ball in the box.

I do think Antonio has played well lately, and we've missed him when he hasn't been on the pitch. Something that needs to be addressed in the summer. Again.
  • We’re not going down. Don’t worry about it.
  • edited April 2023
    You know its handball when you think 'we got away with one there' .
    That is what all Liverpool fans, players and Klopp will be thinking for sure.
  • The amount of times he handballed it I thought I was watching basketball.
  • Lets just beat those rats from Croydon on Saturday
  • If the penalty was given it wouldn’t have been overturned, but saying that I’m not 100% it should have been given.
    Liverpool aren’t what they were, and we perhaps could have done a little better.
    All in all, a decent performance against a top 6 at best team..
    Oh well … can’t win them all
  • How many times has Benarahma neglected his defensive duties? He failed for Liverpool's second goal. I expect he would be replaced by Fornals for the Palace game. We need to win that or would be back in the quagmire again.
  • edited April 2023
    Lukerz said:

We’re not going down. Don’t worry about it.

Admire your confidence, but no way am I making that assumption. We're not out of this yet, IMO.
  • If the penalty was given it wouldn’t have been overturned, but saying that I’m not 100% it should have been given.
    Liverpool aren’t what they were, and we perhaps could have done a little better.
    All in all, a decent performance against a top 6 at best team..
    Oh well … can’t win them all

Definitely looked like hand to ball to me
  • Moyes is fuming 😄

He's right though. At Anfield (for Liverpool) it's given. 110%.