Cress 6.5
    Rice 7.5
    Paqueta 8
    Soucek 5
    Bowen 7
    Antonio 6.5
    Benrahma 6
  • edited April 2023

If the penalty was given it wouldn’t have been overturned, but saying that I’m not 100% it should have been given.
    Liverpool aren’t what they were, and we perhaps could have done a little better.
    All in all, a decent performance against a top 6 at best team..
    Oh well … can’t win them all

Definitely looked like hand to ball to me
    That’s exactly it…
    If it was given it wouldn’t have been overturned, but not given it’s a whole can of worms I guess, that’s the system for you
  • Aguerd showed quality tonight.
  • Aguerd showed quality tonight.

I think he suits when we play a higher line as he’s extremely quick. He’s not a “low block” sort of player
  • Did I hear that the Chief VAR official is Neil Swarbrick who is retiring at the end of this season due to a few cock ups on his watch? No more needs to be said!!!
  • I don’t think it’s at all likely that two of Forest get 5 more points than us, Leicester get 5 more points than us, Everton get 7 more points than us, or Southampton get 11 more points than us, personally.
  • Both Coles and Crouch think it's a pen.
  • For offsides VAR checks whenever a goal is scored regardless of whether the ref and/or lino disallows or allows it. Whatever they think doesn’t come into it purely because it is a matter of fact even if it’s down to millimetres.
    For penalties it is subjective so VAR seems to be reluctant to overrule the ref unless, in their opinion, it was a clear and obvious error. I don’t think the word obvious should come into it and it seems designed to protect referees.
    If they can’t, and they seem incapable of doing so, clearly define the handball law then I think the way VAR works in penalty situations needs to be revamped. It was stated tonight that the handball law was changed so that if you fall and handle it’s not considered handball but Thiago didn’t fall, he lunged at the ball and then juggled it.
    Maybe next season will be different when if it goes through VAR reviews and discussions with the ref will be available to the crowd.
  • Hamstew said:

Both Coles and Crouch think it's a pen.

Because it's a pen.

I wish Ings had just planted his leg and let Tiago go through him. It was a reckless challenge, he wasn't in control and he trapped the ball with his arm.

Matip's take was my favourite. When asked if it was a penalty he said, 'it didn't look like it to me, but I didn't see it'.
  • alderz said:

I don’t think it’s at all likely that two of Forest get 5 more points than us, Leicester get 5 more points than us, Everton get 7 more points than us, or Southampton get 11 more points than us, personally.

So may be disappointed as they want Forest to be relegated 😉.
  • I know that two wrongs don't make a right etc but I remember getting away with a situation lile this against Chelsea when Soucek handled. The arguments I have heard/read about why it wasn't given then were exactly the same as now.

Sure I wanted a point or three but after that display I went to bed thinking that the team gave it everything, didn't make it easy for Liverpool and should be proud of themselves.
    This is the kind of display we had been crying out for all season. Sure, we lost, but the attitude was right.
  • Wasn’t the head of VAR the VAR ref on this one?
  • Lukerz said:

Wasn’t the head of VAR the VAR ref on this one?

Yes, Neil Swarbrick..
    In fact I seem to think he was the VAR for the home game V Chelsea with the Soucek
    “Handball”, at least he’s consistent…. Poor 🤣⚒️
  • The latest super computer predicts us finishing in 14th place on 41 points with a -11 goal difference.
  • Lukerz said:

Yes, Neil Swarbrick..
    In fact I seem to think he was the VAR for the home game V Chelsea with the Soucek
    But didn't he get a rollicking and some time off after that decision?
  • edited April 2023

Lukerz said:

Yes, Neil Swarbrick..
    But didn't he get a rollicking and some time off after that decision?
    Yeh, he certainly had a few weeks off after that, but still think the Soucek "handball" was more clear cut than last night, last night's has even split pundits views unlike the Soucek one, just IMO of course...
  • do we still think 36 points will be enough

Comfortably.
  • Forget the game in hand as it’s at City so we need points from the others. Don’t want to go to Leicester last game needing to win.

But every game is a must win isn't it?
  • Lukerz said:

I don’t think it was a penalty. For me wasn’t a clear error from the ref & not sure where he was meant to put his hand.

Well, not on the ball for sure.
  • I know that two wrongs don't make a right etc but I remember getting away with a situation lile this against Chelsea when Soucek handled. The arguments I have heard/read about why it wasn't given then were exactly the same as now.

Sure I wanted a point or three but after that display I went to bed thinking that the team gave it everything, didn't make it easy for Liverpool and should be proud of themselves.
    This is the kind of display we had been crying out for all season. Sure, we lost, but the attitude was right.

But I seem to remember Chilwell handling in the same game. 🤔
  • Thiago lunged in, missed the ball with his tackle, and instead it bounced off his arm twice. When you look at this screenshot (from the Athletic) it is absolutely blatant. The guy threw himself into a tackle and didn't get the ball, and instead he trapped it with his arm and stopped it from progressing in the penalty area.

• Also, Klopp saying "but I can see why Moyes would think differently" is about a big an admission of "we got away with one there, lads!" as you're going to hear from a Premier League manager.
  • The latest super computer predicts us finishing in 14th place on 41 points with a -11 goal difference.
  • Am I the only one bored of Benrahma?
  • Lukerz said:

Am I the only one bored of Benrahma?

Much of last season he was on the bench with Fornals starting, and it felt as though, because he often looked bright (often against tiring teams) in his cameos that he'd be brilliant if he was getting starts. He's had plenty of starts this term, and although it's clear he has plenty of ability, he is also often poor with decision making, shooting and crossing 🤔🤔🤔. A very frustrating player imo.

So no, you're not the only one bored of Benrahma.
  • I think for the amount of ball he has a game, he’s been awful. Knocked in a few penalties, yes, but so wasteful.
  • He started this season really well but usually got hooked by Moyes, much to everyone's annoyance. It has now turned around 180 degrees and playing poorly he starts every game. 🤷‍♂️
  • I may be in the minority, but I enjoy watching. True, he makes some poor decisions, but he is not afraid to take on the opposition. If he was as good as he can be, all of the time, he wouldn't be playing for us. I'll just continue to enjoy the good parts of his game.
  • I may be in the minority, but I enjoy watching. True, he makes some poor decisions, but he is not afraid to take on the opposition. If he was as good as he can be, all of the time, he wouldn't be playing for us. I'll just continue to enjoy the good parts of his game.

I enjoy the good parts of his game, like where he danced between 2 defenders yesterday, but I'm incredibly frustrated by much of the rest of his game, like when he then chipped the ball straight to Allison.
  • The thing with Benni with his tricks is he makes me think of Payet (and what might have been).
    If he was only half as good .... sigh