Liverpool, at home, on Wednesday 26th April 19.45 BST

Comments

• Wow how did we keep that out?!
  • Ings for Antonio is not the right sub here. No way he can do what Antonio does. Cornet would be better, surely.

No matter, Liverpool lead.
  • Damn. Good header from Matip
  • That was very bad marking
  • 1-2. Benrahma’s man swatted him out the way.
  • edited April 2023
    It’s been coming for a while. Antonio daydreaming and letting Matip have a free header. Going to be tough now.
  • Everybody looking around and marking fresh air.
  • Why was Benrahma marking Matip and when he ended up doing it, why did he completely let him go?
  • Poor marking at that corner. Rice misses the header, and Matip completely unchallenged.
  • Completely on his own
  • Ings and Cornet for Antonio and Benrahma
  • Why was Benrahma marking Matip and when he ended up doing it, why did he completely let him go?

Complete mismatch. But yeah, Benrahma should have at least tried.
  • Ings for Antonio is not the right sub here. No way he can do what Antonio does. Cornet would be better, surely.

Was just typing Fornals for Benrahma and Cornet for Antonio when they score.

• Unstoppable header but how much space did he find himself in, Benny let him go but I doubt he could have done anything about it as it was a clear mismatch

No matter, Liverpool lead.

And that's why. Antonio wins that ball ahead of Allison.
  • Our comms said how well suited Antonio is to the lone striker role and he is, the problem is that we continue to play the system irrespective of how well suited our striker is.

Ho hum
  • We're looking very leggy now. Can't see a way back.
  • do we still think 36 points will be enough
  • Breakaway chance, but Cornet's shot is wild.
  • We’ve been chasing most of the night so it’s understandable. Our goal was the only shot on target, Bowen’s didn’t count.
  • We’re still a threat on the break. If we can keep them out, I think we’re good for at lease one more chance
  • Breakaway chance, but Cornet's shot is wild.

That's the Cornet I thought we were signing.
  • do we still think 36 points will be enough

Got to get there first...
  • Remember when Cornet joined Burnley and seemed to score from every shot? Can we have that guy back?

But I still stand by that it's a positive that there is always a good chance when he comes on. I think he creates those.
  • Once again, Cornet got himself into a decent position and fluffed his lines, he just needs one of those to go his way to settle him down,
  • Yeah, he's not had his shooting boots on since his injury.
  • Forget the game in hand as it’s at City so we need points from the others. Don’t want to go to Leicester last game needing to win.
  • Half decent chance for Soucek there
  • I sooooo want Soucek to get one of those, he really deserves one