Liverpool, at home, on Wednesday 26th April 19.45 BST

Comments

• Soucek heads over from a corner, 2 seasons ago he was scoring those for fun. Just can't buy a goal atm.
  • He’s had a decent game today he just needs a bit of luck
  • That was probably the chance.

Frustrating second half.
  • Good chance for Bowen too. We’ve got goals in us, and I can still see us sneaking something here.
  • Tonight was a free hit which we look like missing, Sunday week is another with Man U so we need something on Saturday and home to Leeds.
  • Bowen just didn't strike that one cleanly.
  • HAS to be a handball surely
  • Handball. Surely.
  • No penalty. I'd like to say that's unbelievable, but against this lot it really isn't.
  • I have no idea how that’s not a penalty
  • edited April 2023
    That should have been a penalty- short distance but his arm ended up controlling that ball
  • Surely a penalty on first viewing, I'm still waiting for a replay.
  • Steve McManaman says it’s not a penalty and he also says it’s not his Liverpool bias
  • If Thiago doesn't handle it, it falls to Ings. It's so maddening.
  • That has to be a penalty.
  • This ref has lost the plot
  • Not a pen for me
  • Absolute disgrace, how has VAR not given that? Hit arm, check. Arm away from body, check. It's a penalty.
  • The West Ham player was through if it didn’t hit his h and.
  • Our comms said it, if given, no way would VAR overturn it, so……
  • Lukerz said:

Not a pen for me

Given at the other end though. 100%
  • Lukerz said:

Not a pen for me

Curious, for what reason?
  • I expected us to lose tonight, but I think we gave a really good show of ourselves. We played really well, we’re in a rich vein of form, and if we keep doing what we’ve been doing since the Arsenal game we’ll comfortably stay up
  • Not a pen for me either.

Entertaining game and I think we could've easily came away with a point which is a shame but a closely thought contest nonetheless
  • Not surprised we don't get the decision against the big six
  • Well that was a good watch, could have easily got something out of it but overall, a great performance against a good team, happy to see that debacle against Newcastle in the rear view mirror.

Many decent performances but Rice was outstanding - natch
  • I'm getting so sick of these calls. He's literally trapped the ball with his arm. It's a penalty all day long. For us or against us.
  • For me, that is 100% a penalty. That said, it’s less of a penalty than Soucek’s handball against Chelsea a couple of months ago that we got away with.
  • We played well and should have at least got a point. A clear penalty denied. Liverpool player moves his arm to the ball. We also had other chances.