West Ham vs Bournemouth on Monday

Comments

• Gotta be a penalty
  • Penalty!

Who's missing today?
  • What's taking them this long? And why on earth get the ref to look at it again? Pen all day long 365 days a year.
  • WE HAVE SCORED A PENALTY
  • I think that’s a little harsh, personally.
  • With these 2 decisions, it almost feels like we're playing at Anfield or Old Trafford :)
  • Proper penalty kick
  • Bazshuayi said:

With these 2 decisions, it almost feels like we're playing at Anfield or Old Trafford :)

Surely we'd never be getting either decision there. 😉
  • alderz said:

I think that’s a little harsh, personally.

I mean, by the letter of the law, I guess it is a penalty, but yeah, harsh from the defenders point of view. Not a lot else he could do with his arms.
  • At least we can relax a little bit for injury time.
  • Alan Smith is an ass! He thought the Johnson one was probably a penalty and thinks our one was not.
  • 20 shots only 4 on target, and one of those was a penalty.

This is what we need to get better at.
  • It’s a penalty based on what we’ve seen this season, have to keep your hands down
  • Alan Smith is an ass! He thought the Johnson one was probably a penalty and thinks our one was not.

I thought the Johnson's could have been given, to be honest. His right hand seemed to move towards the ball.
  • MrsGrey said:

20 shots only 4 on target, and one of those was a penalty.

This is what we need to get better at.

about half of those were from 30 yards out
  • Top half baby 😊😊😊
  • Does Coufal’s cross go into the box if it doesn’t hit the players outstretched hands which are in an unnatural position - Yes so it’s a penalty based on the new rules. If he keeps his arms by his side then there isn’t an issue.
  • I'll be honest, if those calls went against us tonight I'd have been pretty annoyed. Really could have gone either way.

Important three points, but another underwhelming performance.
  • No relegation
    For the claret and blue

Just celebration...
  • Honestly, I think that was an awful game to watch. I thought Zouma's should have been ruled out, I thought neither of the penalty shouts should have been given, and I thought Lerma should have seen red.

That said, we were comfortably the better side for 80 minutes, particularly until we got to about 30 yards out. I don't think Downes is the answer as the most advanced midfielder, and a midfield of Downes, Rice and Soucek isn't giving enough creativity. I'm surprised we haven't seen Fornals or Benrahma in behind Scamacca.

Scamacca was poor, btw, but I do think he seemed pretty isolated, and in the recent games where he has looked good he has started to have a decent link up with Paqueta, so hopefully he'll be back soon too.
  • edited October 2022
    The ref/VAR got it all right, today, for once

We were poor, but we’ve been on the end of some controversial calls this season
  • Worrying that we are not scoring from the chances created. We dominated by fired blanks. Both of our goals had a touch of luck about them, but a win most welcome. Up up and away.
  • I don’t know about you but I don’t think the quality of our chances we create is very good, hence why we don’t score many
  • Antonio needs to stop going to ground and start bullying.

Chalk and cheese tonight, him and Scamacca. Constantly looking for freekicks which he must know he almost never gets.
  • Lukerz said:

If anyone knows anything about football, they know Luke is right.
  • Yikes that was ugly
  • Well that was a lot more nervy than it needed to be until the pen.The way we started that second half it looked we could run away with it.
    Weird game.
  • edited October 2022

Lukerz said:

If anyone knows anything about football, they know Luke is right.
    I guess I don't know anything about football then.

Johnson's wasn't a handball. I think the one for our pen is harsh, but I see why it's given. I think Kehrer's handball is pretty deliberate the more I see it. It's the almost scooping action.
  • edited October 2022
    alderz said:

Honestly, I think that was an awful game to watch. I thought Zouma's should have been ruled out, I thought neither of the penalty shouts should have been given, and I thought Lerma should have seen red.

That said, we were comfortably the better side for 80 minutes, particularly until we got to about 30 yards out. I don't think Downes is the answer as the most advanced midfielder, and a midfield of Downes, Rice and Soucek isn't giving enough creativity. I'm surprised we haven't seen Fornals or Benrahma in behind Scamacca.

Scamacca was poor, btw, but I do think he seemed pretty isolated, and in the recent games where he has looked good he has started to have a decent link up with Paqueta, so hopefully he'll be back soon too.

All of this.

I couldn't quite work out what Downes' role was. He looked uncomfortable tonight but if he was asked to play the Paqueta role, then it's completely understandable.

I think Fornals would have played that role, or wide left with Benny at 10, but his form has been dreadful of late. Need Paqueta back for United.