West Ham vs Bournemouth on Monday

Comments

• Hamstew said:

Yeah I'm sure the camera panned to him on the bench showing his shoulder to someone?

Actually I remember that
    Someone (another player) was translating for him to one of the medical team, it looked like to me at the time. (Can't recall who it was, though.)
  • edited October 2022
    MrsGrey said:

Someone (another player) was translating for him to one of the medical team, it looked like to me at the time. (Can't recall who it was, though.)

Was it Emerson?
  • Would make sense as born in Brazil and has dual nationality 👍🏻
  • Not sure Fornals deserves a spot in the starting line up in his recent performances
    Just my opinion of course…
  • Not sure Fornals deserves a spot in the starting line up in his recent performances
    Just my opinion of course…

Completely agree
  • With Paqueta injured the alternative is Lanzini or Downes?
  • Lukerz said:

With Paqueta injured the alternative is Lanzini or Downes?

Against Bournemouth, IMO it should be the more creative player…
    Little Gem 💎 for me
  • Lukerz said:

Little Gem 💎 for me
    Lanzini isn't a creator anymore, IMO. Against Bournemouth I expect we'll see Fornals in the No10 role and Benrahma wide left.
  • All those words just to say feeling better
  • edited October 2022
    I think it's along the lines of there being a big improvement, and he can now move without pain.
  • 5 days ago I had the news that moved me the most in all this time in football, a not so normal injury, some ligaments in the clavicle region torn, fissure in the cartilage of the first rib…Many doubts, fears! But above all much prayer and gratitude to God!

Today 5 days after this news, I feel a great evolution and most importantly, movements without any pain!
    Thank you God, for taking care and protecting me!
    We keep working because our goal is big and WE are going to get it 🇧🇷🙏🏽

Basically yes.
  • Or in 70's Carry On speak... ''Ohhhh me clavicals! Matron!"
  • Lukerz said:

Little Gem 💎 for me
    Lanzini isn't a creator anymore, IMO. Against Bournemouth I expect we'll see Fornals in the No10 role and Benrahma wide left.
    Not sure I agree about Lanzini, and just think Fornals form doesn’t warrant a start at the moment..
    Agree he’ll probably start and trust he can recover his lost form ⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • edited October 2022
    Also, how annoying is it that this game could’ve been played today but instead has been moved to Monday for Sky, when we play next Thursday in the ECL?
  • It's just like a Saturday - Tuesday split ,which when we're in the CL will be quite common. 😃
  • edited October 2022
    Yeah true but don’t we also play Man Utd next Sunday?
  • edited October 2022
    The way some of the results are going, the relegation race could be very tight. With most teams having played 11 games we’re only 2 points from the relegation zone.
    Moyes gets so defensive against the top 6 teams that we’re probably not going pick up many points against them. So far, 1 out of a possible 12. Brighton and Brentford always seem to have the better of us. Newcastle will probably fall into that category this season.
    That is my long winded way of saying this game is a “must win” game or we are well and truly in a relegation battle.
  • I don't see how you can be in a relegation battle in October, perhaps if you are bottom with one point and being cut adrift from the rest.
  • Can't agree.

We are only a third of the way into the season.

Far too early to talk about relegation battles, imo.

Would be just as reasonable to say we are 3 points from the top half of the table, so a win will put us well and truly in a top 6 battle.
  • I would say that tomorrow is hugely important, in as much as you are at home against a newly promoted side. If you can’t take 3 points in games like these, it leaves you wondering when you will take points.

But there is no way, IMO, we’ll be in a relegation battle come May.
  • edited October 2022
    I think tomorrow is about trying to maintain a bit of momentum after a very slow start in the league. Ok, we lost at Anfield but there's no disgrace in that, but after only getting a point against Soton a win will help our move up the table.

I agree that it's unlikely we'll be in a relegation battle come May, but confidence is a fickle thing and, despite the boost some relatively easy European wins have provided, I do think a win tomorrow could be very important to our season.
  • With the results today were down to 17th, gotta get the full 3 points as we'd go up to 10th

Shows how tight it is already
  • We won’t be in a relegation battle but should we even be having to have such a discussion. Only two teams have scored fewer than us and they’re obviously both in the bottom three. We need to get a few three pointers on the board
  • We won’t be in a relegation battle but should we even be having to have such a discussion.

We don’t have to have the discussion though?
  • On the other hand only four teams have conceded less than us.
  • That may be so but they’re all in the top 6. With goal difference tight goals scored become important.
  • We won’t be in a relegation battle but …..

I don’t know if our form ….. 11 points from first 11 games of this season and 11 points from our last 11 games of last season ….. justifies such confidence.
    Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think (hope) that we’ll get relegated but unless we get some more points on the board in the near future, it could be a very nervy 2nd half of the season for both the players and us, the supporters.
  • We're currently in a relegation battle with 2/3 of the PL currently. A couple wins can change the landscape a lot but performances will need to improve twofold.

3 points at home against a newly promoted side is a must.
  • After 11 games the new signings should have adjusted. We don’t just need a win. We need to win big. Tme for the near misses to go iin.