West Ham vs Bournemouth on Monday

Comments

• edited October 2022
    Was worried it was gonna be ruled out, the interpretation appears different every game.

Amazed there's only 4 mins added. 2 lengthy injuries, plus the VAR check which wasn't quick either.
  • Goals are only ruled out if the handball player directly scores. Not sure why VAR even looked at it.
  • Got away with one I reckon. Kehrers arms weren't in an unnatural position but that slo mo reply showed it looked like he used them to 'pass' it on. A decision for us when plenty have gone against us. Hoping we'll pick them off after the break and make it comfortable.
  • Lukerz said:

Goals are only ruled out if the handball player directly scores. Not sure why VAR even looked at it.

Unless it's deliberate, surely?
  • We are 1 up....but can't in all honesty say I've enjoyed it, suppose that's the way it goes.
  • MrsGrey said:

Is there a commentator worse than Martin Tyler?

…..and paired with the bias of Alan Smith!
  • Bazshuayi said:

Got away with one I reckon. Kehrers arms weren't in an unnatural position but that slo mo reply showed it looked like he used them to 'pass' it on. A decision for us when plenty have gone against us. Hoping we'll pick them off after the break and make it comfortable.

Doesn’t matter about natural position or not for attacking teams. I think lukerz might be right though
  • Was worried it was gonna be ruled out, the interpretation appears different every game.

Amazed there's only 4 mins added. 2 lengthy injuries, plus the VAR check which wasn't quick either.

Should have been double that I reckon.
  • we're not scoring are we.

Er…..

• Good job we can defend
  • MrsGrey said:

I have Efan Ekoko with Tyler
  • This is the rule.

Deliberate handballs are still and have always been an offense.
    Incidental contact (more on this below) is only an offense if it's done by the player who scores the goal. In other words, you can't score with your hands, you can't control the ball with your hand and then score, etc. but you can have incidental contact with your hand and assist a goal, start a counter-attack, etc.
    The area of the arm that can commit a handball offense is from the bottom of the armpit and in a ring around from there — this is what we commonly refer to as the shirtsleeve because it's the area often outside where the shirtsleeve ends. Does this mean that longer sleeves are a benefit? Possibly.
  • Terrible half .but guess we will take it
  • Classic Benrahma so far, gets a rare start & flatters to deceive
  • MrsGrey said:

Yes.

Ekoko's best comment so far has been, ' players always get injured at this time in the season '.
  • What event last year caused the rule to be changed this year ?
  • Mike dean is my new hero at the var
  • edited October 2022

I missed this. I was going on the rule from last season.

So today's was judged incidental, rather than deliberate.

Funny, before they changed the rule for last season, to remove all aspects of judgement, there were often calls for exactly that. Remove all debate.

Do they did.

Then there were calls to change it again.

They need to stop tinkering. And accept that where there's a judgement call, there will be disagreement.
  • MrsGrey said:

Same here.
  • I bet their players won't be on the ground half as much now they're losing
  • More to the point we scored in the first half……just.
  • MrsGrey said:

Same here.
    To clarify,I’ve got Hutchison with Alan Smth. Just agreeing that Tyler is bad, but we’re stuck with Smith 🤦‍♂️
  • What was Johnson doing putting the ball out for a lost boot.
  • Do we not use goals at Rush Green.
  • Very optimistic effort by Benrahma there, especially as Rice was open.
  • Benny gonna get hooked soon. Some wasteful shots which I don't think Moyes will like.

Very comfortable at the moment, but we need to score at least one more I feel.
  • What was Johnson doing putting the ball out for a lost boot.

I think he thought the player had stopped because he was injured.

He seemed to be saying ' he's gone down'
  • Crikey, that could have been red for Lerma.
  • How was that not a red card?