West Ham vs Bournemouth on Monday

Comments

• edited October 2022
    Gary O'Neil has started the same XI three games in a row

Neto
    Fredericks Mepham Senesi Smith
    Christie Cook Lerma Tavernier
    Billing Solanke

He has shuffled the formation around since he took over from Scott Parker, starting out with 4-2-3-1 then switching to 4-4-2 with an unsuccessful experiment with 5-3-2 last time out against Saints which delivered O'Neil's first loss.

The only major absence is captain CB Lloyd Kelly who has been out with an ankle injury for the last five matches and is likely to be unavailable until after the World Cup. He has been replaced by Marcos Senesi who joined from Feyenoord in the summer and was awarded his first cap for Argentina in May

Billing is currently top scorer with 3, all scored in the last 7 under O'Neil. He played as a CM/DM under Parker but plays further forward under O'Neil. CF Dominic Solanke has the most assists, 3, also all coming in the last 7.

Ignoring the 9-0 thrashing at Anfield Bournemouth have still not kept a clean sheet away and conceded 9 goals in 4 away matches

The bookies like 1-0 (6/1), 2-0 (7/1), 2-1 or 1-1 (both 8/1)

I'm off work for two weeks so I will be down the William for this one. It will also be the last live match I get to watch until Palace on Sunday 6th as I'm off to deepest, darkest West Virginia so I feel I deserve a decent result!
  • Our performance second half against Liverpool was very good. We just didn't score which has been a problem in a number of our games this season.
    Fancy Scam getting a couple tonight. We will win this one.
  • If Liverpool can beat this lot 9-0 then anything less is underwhelming 😜
  • Yup we’ll need to score at least 9 or the “ we’re as good as Liverpool “ lot on SM will be saying “Moyes has taken us as far as he can” will be blowing steam out of their ears.
  • Absolutely 👍🏻
  • These Monday 8pm games are the worst
  • I think Thursday 10pm ko in Bucharest tops that.
  • Lukerz said:

These Monday 8pm games are the second worst

• Lukerz said:

Lukerz said:

What about a cold rainy night in Stoke?
  • Lukerz said:

These Monday 8pm games are the third worst

• Lukerz said:

Lukerz said:

I’ve done that, hugely character forming I tell ya.

• If no Paqueta (murmurings he may be involved), then I’d play Benrahma off of Scamacca, not on the left. Fredericks will be able to use his pace to sort Benrahma out.
  • Slacker said:

Lukerz said:

Lukerz said:

I’ve done that, hugely character forming I tell ya.

So have I. Don't think it did much for my character but the local police kept us behind as they do & they also said it was my fault if it resulted in me getting a parking ticket!
  • Lukerz said:

If no Paqueta (murmurings he may be involved), then I’d play Benrahma off of Scamacca, not on the left. Fredericks will be able to use his pace to sort Benrahma out.

I couldn't ever imagine worrying about Fredericks in opposition because his passing is generally pretty poor, but his pace is a certainly an asset at both ends. If we play Benrahma centrally - and I hope we do if Paqueta is out - then it'll probably mean Cresswell and Fornals on the left, both of whom are pretty slow. I'd almost be tempted to play Antonio wide left to keep him occupied (physically it would be a complete mismatch)

I would imagine Paqueta will be on the bench, so I think we'll see:

Fab
    Johnson Zouma Kehrer Cresswell
    Rice Soucek
    Bowen Benrahma Fornals
    Scamacca

Or, if Dawson is fit, Kehrer at RB (which is my preference at the moment).
  • It would be great for Dawson to be available, ideally we see:

Fabianski
    Kehrer - Dawson - Zouma - Cresswell
    Soucek - Rice
    Bowen - Benrahma - Fornals
    Scamacca

Downes could well come in for Fornals & we play a flat 4-3-3 with Benrahma on the left. Personally, I think we’ll see the above side.
  • From BBC
    "West Ham have never lost against Bournemouth under David Moyes."

Well there it is then - loss.
  • Bournemouth's run of 15 Premier League away matches without a clean sheet is currently the longest in the division.

Another fact from the BBC.
  • Any other omens that this is a nailed on away win?

I actually feel confident for this one, so there's another.
  • edited October 2022
    Fabiański, Johnson, Kehrer, Zouma, Cresswell, Rice ©, Souček, Bowen, Downes, Benrahma, Scamacca
    Subs: Areola (GK), Randolph (GK), Coufal, Fornals, Antonio, Lanzini, Ogbonna, Coventry, Emerson

Unfortunately still no Dawson.
  • 4-3-3 then.

Fab
    Johnson Zouma Kehrer Cresswell
    Rice Downes Soucek
    Bowen Scamacca Benrahma

I like this a lot.
  • edited October 2022
    No Dawson or Paqueta on the bench... Shame
  • The midfield and front look okay .but the defence is a concern
  • Bournemouth same starting XI for the 4th game in a row

Right, I'm off down the pub
  • I’ve had a hectic somewhat average day and really would love that to change with a WHUFC win… COYI ⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • edited October 2022

No Dawson or Paqueta on the bench... Shame

They wouldn't have featured on Thursday anyway, but hopefully we've enough to beat Bournemouth without them and they'll both be recovered in time for Sunday 🤞🤞🤞
  • We've played 84 Premier League matches on a Monday, more than any other team; a somewhat surprising stat given we've not been ever-present and certainly haven't had as much coverage in the seasons we have been in the PL as the Sky 6 although, in fairness, teams in the CL can't really play on a Monday evening. Still an odd stat though 🤔🤔🤔
  • Closer we get to the game the more worried I become
  • Any players left in the squad who played with Gary O'Neill?

I'm thinking only Cresswell... And Nolan too?

I'm off to Wikipedia and will be back shortly.
  • edited October 2022
    No, Cresswell joined after he left. Nobody, then.

Just feels like Cresswell has been around for ever.