The UK is Out - New PM - and whither now for Article 50

Comments

• I'm thinking of declaring London as an independent state.

We voted to remain.

My neighbouring borough is hillingdon and they didn't
    Then they can't come to my party.
    Did I read somewhere that Barking and Dagenham were 62% leave?? Is that correct?? Not sure where I read it
  • Dunno.

Too cross to see straight this morning.
  • ASLEF

Gideon's hopes of being PM are toast after the IDS affair. No chance for him - he was lucky to still be in number 11.

That might be what the papers say but it's the Tory MPs who get to decide which two candidates go through to the leadership ballot.

• ASLEF

Now ontop of the IDS thing he was also firmly remain. So his credibility has been whacked twice. I think the party will take a different direction TBH
  • Johnson

May

Osborne

• Do you have a spare room? ;biggrin
  • edited June 2016
    Yes.

Not sure for how much longer, as the £ has tanked so our income has just tanked too.

Still, 2 yrs should be long enough for us to sort out grey's Irish passport, sell our London house, and relocate our UK base to Edinburgh. By which time they'll be independent.

See a problem, solve a problem. ;biggrin
  • Christchurch voted 58.8% to leave, of that 58.8%, probably 90% of them wont actually be around to see the fall out from what they have done.

I'm happy to admit that I don't really know or understand the whole EU politics and how we do or don't work with them. I don't understand how the various trade agreements or the millions of other things that go on between us and the EU.
    But I shouldn't have to know, it's not something that your everyday person should worry about.

There are professors who have spent their lives studying this stuff. Some of the brightest people in the country, who do actually know how it works, when they come out and say "Leaving is a really bad idea" then that's what we should have listened to.

It's not what Farge or Cameron or Beckham or any other big name says, but what people who actually knew what they were talking, those people who have spent entire careers studying this.

I now just dread my daughter growing up in a country, where around 51% of the population agree with a man who thinks "better pay and maternity leave for women" is a bad idea.
  • Farage just said the 350 million. Isnt going on the NHS
  • On the plus side;

The sun DID rise.

The earth HASN'T stopped rotating on it's axis.
  • Now immigration is under control I would like to confirm that crack head Pete from the job center is getting the job the immigrant was taking from him and his gonna be your new GP from next week.
  • Col

Well, that's true, but I don't recall having seen anyone suggest otherwise.

On the negative side, the pound is at its lowest trading since 1985, which was forecast...
  • And as Boris takes control, we finally understand that they wanted to control our borders so they could stop us from fleeing.

Credit; Frankie Boyle.
  • Boris island is coming
  • Grey

I will re-read the list of disasters that was meant to befall following a vote to leave.

I may be some time.....
  • Col

No rush.

You've got years to look forward to most of them... ;wink
  • Now immigration is under control I would like to confirm that crack head Pete from the job center is getting the job the immigrant was taking from him and his gonna be your new GP from next week.

;lol

Does Crack head Pete work nights?

• I believe we are still a member of the EU for a minimum of two years.

Today we are in the EU. Tomorrow we will be in the EU.

It will be interesting to see if there is still an EU to leave on leave day.
  • edited June 2016
    No Yeold.

He has other things to do.

He's not keen on working Saturday's either.
  • Brilliant!
  • ASLEF

Now ontop of the IDS thing he was also firmly remain. So his credibility has been whacked twice. I think the party will take a different direction TBH

According to the BBC two days ago 185 Tory MPs were Remain compared to 138 Leave with 7 undecided so Osborne wasn't alone, neither was Teresa May. Boris, Gove and IDS could have made more enemies than friends in Westminster where it actually counts
  • edited June 2016

I believe we are still a member of the EU for a minimum of two years.

Today we are in the EU. Tomorrow we will be in the EU.

It will be interesting to see if there is still an EU to leave on leave day.

We might not leave at all, the referendum is not legally binding and whoever succeeds Cameron as PM could decide to ignore it.

Oh, £100bn plus wiped off the FTSE and the £ is $1.33 from $1.48, biggest fall ever and lowest level since 1985
  • edited June 2016
    Serious question to those who voted to leave.

Did you read or research any independant studies which showed we would be better off leaving the EU?

What did you base your decision on?
    What was a deciding factor for you to vote leave?

I am honestly interested.

• So 330 Tory MP's will select 2 candidates to put forward to 150,000 Tory party members to decide my next Prime Minister. ;weep
  • Herb

The Great British democracy, hard at work...
  • You gotta love it Grey, you gotta love it
  • edited June 2016
    It's the Great British Democracy that has got us in this mess. I elect people to make these important decisions on my behalf, given that they're more knowledgeable on the subject and much better placed to make an informed decision.

Instead I had Yorkshire Mick in the office voting Leave to avoid the South Downs being used to house Syrian refugees.
  • I feel very sad and despondent this morning.

At this time I am blaming Cameron, he called the referendum for the wrong reasons, fear of his right wing back benchers and Farage. It has now gone completely wrong and there is nothing he can do about it, apart from resign and disappear to a comfortable retirement, leaving the rest of us with a badly damaged country. History will not be kind to him.

I have never liked referendums, if they are used it should not be for something so vital, perhaps issues such as daylight saving time or fox hunting.
  • Moojor said:

Serious question to those who voted to leave.

Did you read or research any independant studies which showed we would be better off leaving the EU?

What did you base your decision on?
    What was a deciding factor for you to vote leave?

I am honestly interested.

My late senior family members fought in 2 world wars to stop us kowtowing to German Imperialism..my late uncle, an RAF fighter pilot, before he died, said keep an eye on the Germans and dont trust the French,the Russians wont be a problem.
    Also I dont like being told what to do by unelected nobodies. My home is my castle and is a euro free zone..and my cucumbers are curved. I have nothing against my fellow Europeans but I dont recognise that blue rag and wont be branded a racist because I fly the cross of St George....I am not for hounding any section of society, but you live here , you respect our traditions, our culture and our way of life. We are tolerant and fair, if you have done nothing wrong you have noting to fear.
    I think you get my position now
This discussion has been closed.