The UK is Out - New PM - and whither now for Article 50

Comments

• I voted Remain, anything Boris thinks is a good idea must be wrong.

Well he thought us moving in to the OS was a brilliant idea.....
  • Madrid ;ok

Think your right about this not being 'the end of it' - in my view 'the genie is well and truly out of the bottle'.
  • Have to admit, I was trying to wait and see which way Luke was going to go and be guided by his decision but he hasn't shown up today so sadly I had to make my decision alone
  • Can we have a picture of Rav suit and tie, placed on this article please......

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36602702

As I scrolled down the pictures, my first thought was that it appeared really scarey as to who are involved from all angles in being leaders in the UK.

Really, really scarey
  • Ironmike/Madrid

You are both right - the Scotland vote was supposed to put that issue to bed once and for all....

;hmm

;lol
  • edited June 2016

Have to admit, I was trying to wait and see which way Luke was going to go and be guided by his decision but he hasn't shown up today so sadly I had to make my decision alone

He's busy rubbing out X's on voting papers at the moment ;lol
  • Can we have a picture of Rav suit and tie, placed on this article please......

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36602702

As I scrolled down the pictures, my first thought was that it appeared really scarey as to who are involved from all angles in being leaders in the UK.

Really, really scarey

;lol

Hopefully there won't have to be any 'transfers' to report
  • It really really is a bit worrying, everytime I see a post by you, my brain automatically flicks to your suit/yellow tie number.....

Every
    Bloomin
    Time

;lol
  • edited June 2016
    WG3JXSL7KECC

#referendumhype
  • You've got that picture saved and backed up, haven't you? ;lol
  • MrsGrey said:

You've got that picture saved and backed up, haven't you? ;lol

;biggrin

#wallpaper
  • #weddinghype ;wink ;carew
  • Madrid there will be no new treaty or reform. Junker and merkel have both stated that all negotiations are finished. The EU really needs reforming but it's never going to happen. Reform would not be in the interests of Germany and its lapdog France.
  • edited June 2016
    Just had confirmation from our proxy in the UK - both mine and Grey's votes are in.

I'm sure she was only joking when she said she backed Nige for a win.

;puzzled
  • edited June 2016

the thought of Johnson as PM terrifies me

I wouldn't worry too much. Tory Party rules for electing a new leader are that if there are more than two candidates the MPs hold a series of ballots with whoever gets the least votes being eliminated until there are only two left.

Boris is popular with the media but he's not quite so well regarded by his fellow MPs, a lot of them remember he lied to the party about his affair with Petronella Wyatt in 2004 and he's hardly been inactive on the extra martial front over the last twelve years, too much of a liability for a future leader.

Its more likely that Osborne will take over from Cameron with Teresa May or Liam Fox as outsiders.
  • Cameron ill go down as worse decision maker ever..lets have a vote?
    Osbourne too posh for most
    May, worse Home Secretary I served under, she has demoralised the Police Service
    Fox hiding in his lair presumably, not been seen much

lets have a Polar Bear as Pm...
  • If we vote "OUT" does that mean we have to take Ned & Glynnie Kinnock back ;weep
  • ASLEF

Gideon's hopes of being PM are toast after the IDS affair. No chance for him - he was lucky to still be in number 11.
  • MrsGrey said:

Just had confirmation from our proxy in the UK - both mine and Grey's votes are in.

I'm sure she was only joking when she said she backed Nige for a win.

;puzzled

Yeh, I bumped into your proxy earlier - I said I'd offer to "take care" of yours and grey's slips to save her from getting drenched in the rain. She gladly accepted. Hope that's ok?? Only trying to do a good turn after all....

;hmm
  • edited June 2016
    MrsGrey said:

The Leave have issued a lot of information in leaflets (anything up to 6 page A5 pamphlets) and even did an 8 page metro style news paper, all of which make well thought out and compelling arguments to leave,

They put their BNP money to good use, then. ;hmm

Did they include the 'Turks, coming to rape our white women!' line.

A vote winner with a certain demographic?

Metro Style, you say.

Like this?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/eu-referendum-brexit-immigration-what-it-means-facts-live-updates-newspaper-advert-leave-remain-a7095191.html

well thought out and compelling arguments
    Go on then. Persuade me ;biggrin
    No point in trying with people who have views like yours, why do you assume the BNP is involved? Are you implying that you think I am a BNP supporting Racist? At least I am open to listening to both sides of the arguments without pre-judging anyone, as far as I know in all the information I have been given by the leave campaign in my area - none of it was supported by or with BNP money.

Don't know where you got that line from (about the Turks) but it appears in none of the literature I have been sent. Also I used to work for a company owned by a Turkish Cypriot and still keep in contact with him and some of the others who I worked with, so I would not think that and find it offensive you would assume I do.

FYI , they took every issue from immigration, the economy, trade, the impact on jobs and others and to be fair not only put their view but also the remains which they then countered.
  • edited June 2016

No point in trying with people who have views like yours, why do you assume the BNP is involved?

I don't 'assume' it.

A former BNP member donated £600,000. Fact.

Are you implying that you think I am a BNP supporting Racist?

No. I have no idea if you are, or not. I can't imply something if I don't believe it.

But some who are part of the 'Leave' lobby are. Fact.

At least I am open to listening to both sides of the arguments without pre-judging anyone,

I am not PRE-judging anyone.

I am, however, forming ideas and judgements based on information in the public domain. Isn't that basically the point?

Don't know where you got that line from (about the Turks)

From Farage - not part of the 'official' Vote Leave, true, but a very public face of the Brexit campaign: “if we are prepared to accept ... young males, from countries and cultures [he was referring toa point he made earlier about Turks] where women are at best second-class citizens then frankly, what do you expect [referring to sexual molestation and harrasment of women]

so I would not think that and find it offensive you would assume I do.

I didn't assume t and didn't say that you do. I asked if the 'Leave' literature repeated or alluded to this public statement which has been made as part of a case for Leave.

You have obviously made you mind up anyone who wants to vote to leave is a right wing racist.

Nope. You are still assuming things i never said.

• MrsGrey said:

You've got that picture saved and backed up, haven't you? ;lol

Yep....

I mean, no err......*cough*
  • (clown......HAM!!! Clown please)

• Yeh, I bumped into your proxy earlier - I said I'd offer to "take care" of yours and grey's slips to save her from getting drenched in the rain. She gladly accepted. Hope that's ok?? Only trying to do a good turn after all....

;hmm

No worries. Those crosses are being rubbed out even as we speak. ;whistle
  • Luke. Stop it Luke ;lol
  • woman reported to Police for handing out pens outside a polling station??? unbelievable?
  • Ironduke

Not as unbelievable as her reason for doing so.

• I voted for Nobes using a green crayon.

This discussion has been closed.