Slaven Bilic named as West Ham Manager (09.06.15)

Comments

• Rightly or wrongly it looks like it influenced their proposed decision to sign joey Barton

And Diouf.
  • Anyone seen any odds for Martin O’Neil? I just think that we were close to him before and if Ireland don’t qualify for the WC I could see him coming
  • Lukerz said:

NO SHORT TERM / TO THE END OF THE SEASON TEMPORARY APPOINTMENTS.

NOT Pards.
    NOT Gus.
    NOT Moyes.
    NOT PNeville.

A proper - 3 seasons contract or there is no point sacking Bilic.

We all agree with this.

But it’s not what’s gonna happen.
    Well, not all of us. ;whome

I’d be very disappointed if the Dave’s hadn’t already planned extensively for the possibility of Slav not working out many months ago. Shocking if they have only started scrambling around in the last couple of weeks and only come up with names any lay person could find via google.

You have no evidence of this. Maybe they have but the target isn't available till the summer. Maybe no one wants to come.
  • MON signed a two year extension to his ROI contract in October so I guess we can count him out. Michael O’Neill, the NI manager,would be worth a punt.
  • Sweepy/DJ

I made reference to either of them being possibility after the Play offs have been played plus Chris Coleman last night. What do they say about great minds ;wink
  • Piece by the Sun (I know, I know) sayIng that slav’s tenure has come to an end this evening
  • Sweepy/DJ

I made reference to either of them being possibility after the Play offs have been played plus Chris Coleman last night. What do they say about great minds ;wink

I wouldn’t say no to Chris Coleman, he’s managed in the premier league before and has done a good job with Wales even though they haven’t qualified for the WC.

• I’d be very disappointed if the Dave’s hadn’t already planned extensively for the possibility of Slav not working out many months ago. Shocking if they have only started scrambling around in the last couple of weeks and only come up with names any lay person could find via google.

You have no evidence of this. Maybe they have but the target isn't available till the summer. Maybe no one wants to come.

Correct. But then again I didn’t say that I did. I said I’d be disappointed if they hadn’t planned several months in advance.
  • Sullivan has lined up his management dream team....

0A67778E-288B-467C-893E-FB5D6D56BF8B
  • If we had a game next weekend I could understand the need to get a replacement in sooner but as it's two weeks away they could take their time and see who might be suitable and make the right decision even if it meant playing a couple of matches with a caretaker in place. "Act in haste and all that" ;ok
  • I'm all for acting in haste where the players are concerned rather than the slow deliberate ways they use currently
  • Piece by the Sun (I know, I know) sayIng that slav’s tenure has come to an end this evening

That's the Sun reporting 'reports' by some bloke on Twitter....
  • edited November 2017
    Anyone heard the announcement Lukerz was hearing?
  • If slav walks instead of being fired ,how much money does that save .use that add to it stop messing about make an offer to Rafa that he cant refuse ..job done
  • edited November 2017

Sullivan has lined up his management dream team....

0A67778E-288B-467C-893E-FB5D6D56BF8B

What channel is it on
  • edited November 2017
    steve

That would be the Rafa who agreed to join us and then dropped us for Real, would it?

Of course, I know, anyone would, but

a) we already agreed a deal with him he decided not to honour

b) see a)

And for goodness' sake, please would those insisting the owners are too mean to pay compensation provide some evidence to support this, or stop making baseless accusations?
  • i didn't know we had agreed a deal with Rafa
  • Would 100% keep Bilic over appointing Moyes.
    Still wouldn't be right though.
  • Yeold

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11685/9968833/rafa-benitez-rejected-west-ham-for-real-job

Of course, there may be those who reject this simply on account of it is something Sully said, but I hardly think it likely he would be lying about something like this.

Here's a separate source: http://www.claretandhugh.info/benitez-feels-indebted-to-west-ham/
  • grey,

Being pedantic when the owners pay compensation for a new manager it will shut up most, if not, all the people who say they are too mean to do so. ;ok
  • past history forgive and forget get Rafa in
  • edited November 2017

steve

That would be the Rafa who agreed to join us and then dropped us for Real, would it?

Of course, I know, anyone would, but

a) we already agreed a deal with him he decided not to honour

b) see a)

And for goodness' sake, please would those insisting the owners are too mean to pay compensation provide some evidence to support this, or stop making baseless accusations?

It’s not difficult to find evidence.

Avram Grant - unemployed
    Sam Allardyce - unemployed
    Slaven Bilic - unemployed
    David Moyes (?) - unemployed
  • steve said:

past history forgive and forget get Rafa in

and why exactly would Rafa want to leave Newcastle just as he's about to get rid of Ashley and get new owners who will give him the transfer budget he wants?
  • Lukerz

They may not be the best managers but I myself do not understand why the players at this club never seem to be able to play their best football consistently and why performances in the main are awful with very little passion.

Also players that join us seem to become hopeless after a while.

Having supported this club for so long like many on here I just do not understand why no matter who is in charge, things just never seem to improve for very long.

Bilic surely wasn’t as bad a manager as our players have made him look. His Croatia team were very good and I know results have been poor but he seems a nice man and I feel quite sad for him.

What on earth is wrong at this club?
  • The chant of you don't know what you are doing must surely be levelled at the board if they appoint Moyes. He has been nothing but an utter failure since leaving Everton and been sacked very quickly, why on earth do they think he is the man for us? Unfortunately we may deserve all we get from this.

What the players need more than anything now is a man to come in that they have confidence in, that they feel can steer them to safety, when Moyes walks through the door they will know he took Sunderland down last year after 10 years in the Premiership without more than a wimper, that he was sacked from spain within a year having achieved nothing and managed to be the man to fail to secure Champions league football for Man Utd for the first time since football was invented.

Why will they feel confident in his ability to manage them and steer them away from trouble?
  • Apparently he will be sacked today with Moyes taking over from Wednesday according to rumours.

Club isn't going forwards at all is going to the championship in a souls bowl of a stadium.
  • The rumours on Twitter is it's Hiddink
  • According to various sources Moyes will bring Alan Irvine as his assistant manager but Phil Neville won't be joining as he wants to find a club of his own, possibly Sunderland. Irvine was his assistant at Everton but is currently out of a job.

Moyes also wants an 18 month contract rather than the six months offered by the board
This discussion has been closed.